Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JP Assigned to Bakersfield (Slep Recalled)
Drai also started last season in the AHL.

This is actually his first full season in the NHL.

He's only doubling Sam Bennett in points.
Thanks given by:
Glad they made a decision on this. Kid needs to play.

Glad Gus is on waivers, I feel bad for the guy but holy moly, just stay square to the puck and you'd have 2 points in your back pocket.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-09, 09:30 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Drai also started last season in the AHL.

This is actually his first full season in the NHL.

He's only doubling Sam Bennett in points.

On pace for 70 points, can play C or W, 1st, 2nd or 3rd line, good all around player, every arrow there is pointing straight up.

I guess that's acceptable.
Thanks given by:
He may request many Douchemarks this spring.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-09, 07:44 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Lets not forget, Drai was in the AHL just last season

Look how dominant he is now.

Drai was a year and half by birth date older.  Big Difference.

This is a good move for Jesse. The A is a lot different from the WHL where Leon got sent 1st and he was already 19.

No matter as long as they play him regardless of mistakes etc it is good.  They just have to play him on the PP and 1st line or at the least 2nd line minutes.
Thanks given by:
I get that - my point is, if anyone has soured on JP because of his production this season, they should just look to Drai.

They had similar first seasons in the NHL and were re-assigned half way through the year and, as good as Drai was last year and as exceptional as he is this year, he was in the AHL as recent as last season.
Thanks given by:
Coach has indicated there is a "good chance" Slepyshev and Davidson will be in the lineup versus NJ tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 02:37 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Coach has indicated there is a "good chance" Slepyshev and Davidson will be in the lineup versus NJ tomorrow.

What does this have to do with JP going to Bakersfield?
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-12, 08:32 AM)maclintock Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 02:37 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Coach has indicated there is a "good chance" Slepyshev and Davidson will be in the lineup versus NJ tomorrow.

What does this have to do with JP going to Bakersfield?

Seriously? You make that post? You just trying to nitpick?

You want me to start a new thread to make this comment? I made this comment before the game-day thread was made.

Also, if you read the entire thread title - it references Slepy's recall so I think it has everything to do with that thread title.

Geezus!
Thanks given by:
Apparently Jesse isn't even on a line with Lander right now. Lander is back with Beck and Hamilton and JP is playing with Currie as his centre.

Given Lander is, by far, the better offensive player and JP is, by far, our top forward prospect, this makes no sense to me and is disappointing.

Ya, that top line is an elite AHL line, however, in my opinion, the main focus of that team should be development and I think it suits JP better to play with the left shot Lander.

I was excited that JP was going to get AHL time with and elite AHL centre but, at least for now, that doesn't look like the plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Him not playing with Lander doesn't hamper his development... Hell, they might know already that they are not a good fit together from just practice alone.

J.P. is not going to be playing in the NHL with Lander, or a player like Lander, so why even go down that road..?

He just may be better off by playing with a Center who has different skills that will help J.P. in the long run.

I'm sure they will get some P.P. time together anyway.

There are far too many variables to factor in when it comes to a certain players development.

I wouldn't read anything into who he's not playing with or with, I'm sure they have a plan for him moving forward.
x6
Thanks given by:
It may not be the end of the world but I'd still prefer him to play with the left shot elite offensive AHL center than the under 0.5 point/game left shot center.
Thanks given by:
JP had an assist and 4 shots last night playing with Laleggia and Currie.

As an aside, Lander with a hatty! That guy is an elite offensive AHL player.
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
I know the Condors were in 7th place in their division a few days ago but this is their third win in a row - i wonder if they can make a push for the playoffs if the Oilers stay healthy and don't need to gut the lineup further. They should get Pakarinen for additional help somewhat soon I think (he's been skating with the team).
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-14, 12:37 PM)Pouzar Wrote: JP had an assist and 4 shots last night playing with Laleggia and Currie.

As an aside, Lander with a hatty!  That guy is an elite offensive AHL player.

Man its too bad he can't translate that production to the NHL level. Always liked Anton as a player
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-14, 12:37 PM)Pouzar Wrote: JP had an assist and 4 shots last night playing with Laleggia and Currie.

Good for JP - the hope is that he takes the same attitude towards his demotion as Drai did, and sees it as an opportunity to develop the weak spots in his game.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-14, 12:48 PM)oilyrider Wrote:

Man its too bad he can't translate that production to the NHL level. Always liked Anton as a player

The next time Lander is called up, I wouldn't mind seeing him get some second unit PP time. If I can recall correctly, when he did have some offensive success in the NHL under Nelson, I think he was quite good on the PP during the stretch.
Thanks given by:
A Lowetide quip on the JP last night: Jesse Puljujarvi looked terrific again on Friday night in Bakersfield, setting up a Joey Laleggia goal with a sweet play and serving as the hammer on the 1PP. He is 2gp, 0-2-2 so far in the AHL.

I like to hear about the "Hammer" on the 1st PP - I've heard about this big shot of his but, frankly, didn't really see it this year - he lost total confidence in that shot and for the last 6-8 weeks he was fanning on shots and missing the net by feet from the slot.

I look forward to that right hand shot on the Oilers PP in the future.
Thanks given by:
JP with his third assist in 3 games - game winding down and the Condors are down by one.

Another goal for Lander as well - he's too good for that league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: