Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JP Assigned to Bakersfield (Slep Recalled)
JP with his first AHL goal tonight. Nice wrist shot from the top of the circles off a face off.

I think I can post a link when I get back to my computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Sweet shot
Thanks given by:
Overshadowed by a Savage shit kicking 7-1. good for the kid, but man Ellis had a bad night and the D must have as well.

Pretty sure this team does not make the playoffs.
Thanks given by:
If Bakersfield misses the playoffs & Edmonton qualifies, do they recall JP?

I can't see him playing
Thanks given by:
I think JP will be recalled long before the NHL playoffs - assuming he finds his game and continues to produce.
Thanks given by:
JP with a PP goal last night in a loss.

I think he's got one point in each of the 5 games he's played.

Thanks given by:
(2017-01-21, 09:44 AM)Pouzar Wrote: JP with a PP goal last night in a loss.

I think he's got one point in each of the 5 games he's played.

Yes he does.  This is exactly what that kid needs.  I also like it that he is getting a point per playing on the 2nd line.
Keep it going kid and I hope he even gets bumped to that 1st line in time.

Sorry to say it but Bakersfield's season will be done on April 15th.  Unless we sustain injuries or that kid really starts lighting it up, I have no issues with them keeping him there till seasons end.

They will not make the playoffs ( My opinion). so bring him up after they are done unless we are done.

Keep it going Jesse!!!!!!!!

PS I think that team doing so shitty this year is partly due to some injuries here but mainly shows our lack of depth as far as offensive minded forwards.  Also the goaltending has not been great!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
JP's goal last night was on the PP from the Ovechkin/Laine spot:

Thanks given by:
I'm relieved to see him produce in the AHL.  I've always heard the kid is more of a playmaker, but hopefully, he can learn to do that in the NHL.
Thanks given by:
You've said that before about him being more of a playmaker but I've always heard that he's more of a shooter.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-21, 02:03 PM)Pouzar Wrote: You've said that before about him being more of a playmaker but I've always heard that he's more of a shooter.

Well, hope I am wrong, I just remember reading scouting reports on sites like Eliteprospects, and they seemed to suggest he was more of a natural playmaker than scorer.  

I know he has a great release on his shot and can score, but I didn't think he was the sniper that is going to blast one-timers into the net like we see in that video.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-21, 02:03 PM)Pouzar Wrote: You've said that before about him being more of a playmaker but I've always heard that he's more of a shooter.

Actually you are dead wrong on this one Pouz. EVERY scouting service has or had him the other way around. All his attributes were on size, stickhandling, nice hands excellent playmaker and has a good wrist shot. ( All of them CSS, ISS and some scouts)

1st game last night 0 points but they won 6-3
Thanks given by:
Really? I thought I had read he was a shooter - I could be wrong, I definitely don't keep that up to date on the non-NHL players pre-draft.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-22, 07:56 AM)maclintock Wrote:

Actually you are dead wrong on this one Pouz. EVERY scouting service has or had him the other way around. All his attributes were on size, stickhandling, nice hands excellent playmaker and has a good wrist shot. ( All of them CSS, ISS and some scouts)

1st game last night 0 points but they won 6-3

Hence why every scout said he was better suited as a Center moving forward into the NHL...

But even though that is his A' game, what people get mixed up about is, was ALL of the scouts said he had a hell of a shot. 

It's a little hard to be a/the shooter when you line up beside Laine... 1 would tend to pass him the puck a bit I would guess...  Icon_rolleyes
x6
Thanks given by:
I've always heard JP was more the playmaker too, but has and amazing shot.
Thanks given by:
Benning was JP's roomate prior to JP being re-assigned. Matty was helping him with his English:

Jason Gregor: Jesse Puljujärvi was your roommate in Edmonton before he went to Bakersfield, how much Finnish did you learn?

Matt Benning: To be honest, just a few swear words because that’s kind of what I picked up on and asked him about. I probably know more Swedish because there are a bunch more Swedes on the team and that type of thing but just the swears. There’s probably just three swear words that I picked up. That’s probably not a good habit, but that’s what I picked up.

Gregor: So now do you swear at opposing Finnish players on the ice?

Benning: No, I’m pretty quiet on the ice. If I could or if I would, I definitely would but no, I’m pretty quiet on the ice.

Gregor: Jesse talked a lot about how he wanted to learn more English. Were you quizzing him or were you trying to teach him as much English as possible before he went down?

Benning: Yeah, for sure. When we went out for dinner he’d always ask me what is this and I’d say the word and I would make him say it back to me. Pronunciation is big and so every day I was teaching him a new word. One of his new words is 'appreciated', so he had a tough time saying it but he’s getting it down now. I texted him last night just correcting him with some things, it just makes it a little bit easier for him.
Thanks given by: