Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
January transfer thread
(2017-01-06, 01:00 PM)Arsenal Wrote:
(2017-01-06, 11:18 AM)U  miltonred Wrote: This is true. Fine though, means they will stay in the hunt for top four. I don't see them having what it would take to catch up and overtake Chelsea, unless Chelsea bombs, and I don't think there is any chance of that happening unless Costa gets hurt for a long period.

I think Spurs gave the league a clue how to attack Chelsea.  Assign your most creative player to play in the space between matic and hazard because hazard will cheat on the offensive side.  In arsenal's case, that's ozil's sweet spot.  Then play your big man against moses.

Yeah Milt...but they can't just replace Kane essentially.  They also have Lamela (though currently injured I believe).  And besides..who are they gonna buy?  Aubameyang for a jillion bitcoin?

As for Spurs tactics...I'm not so certain that's the case, Arsenal.  That space you speak of it's just naturally there.  It was completely created by Wanyama and Dembele.  These are two players that aren't really at Arsenal's (or any team tbh) disposal.  The problems that Wanyama caused Kante and Dembele, Matic, the space was created.  

When you think about Moses, the wing back countered by Pochettino with Rose, was really what kept him honest.  This allowed both Erikson and Alli the room to move in those wider areas.  It's a real masterclass in tactics by Pochettino...and it looks amazing because they won. Statistically, the game was dominated by Chelsea.  More of the ball...more shots...better passing...more takeaways...more corners...more of all the key stuff, except goals was dominated by Chelsea.  You could put this down to a bad day at the office for them, really.
Thanks given by:
Silly rumour flying around says United offered 220,000/wk to Griezmann... The silly part isn't the dollar value, or the player, but WHEN. No way he leaves Atletico for United in the winter.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-06, 05:12 PM)theDC Wrote: Silly rumour flying around says United offered 220,000/wk to Griezmann... The silly part isn't the dollar value, or the player, but WHEN. No way he leaves Atletico for United in the winter.

Yes.  Yes, it is.

Thanks given by:
(2017-01-06, 01:00 PM)Arsenal Wrote:
(2017-01-06, 11:18 AM)U  miltonred Wrote: This is true. Fine though, means they will stay in the hunt for top four. I don't see them having what it would take to catch up and overtake Chelsea, unless Chelsea bombs, and I don't think there is any chance of that happening unless Costa gets hurt for a long period.

I think Spurs gave the league a clue how to attack Chelsea.  Assign your most creative player to play in the space between matic and hazard because hazard will cheat on the offensive side.  In arsenal's case, that's ozil's sweet spot.  Then play your big man against moses.

As much as I loathe Chelsea, a wee bit of twat soup over there ..... Hazard has been brilliant as of late.  Sorry mate, I don't think you can take a one match sample and suggest there's a pattern.

Thanks given by:
Stoke scored two against them as well, its worth noting.
They have been a very stingy defence until the last two games.
Jesus Christ is flawed
Thanks given by:
Also that FA cup game was some of the shakiest defense I've seen in a while.
Thanks given by:
Ars look to cover Santi and mesut by recalling Jon toral from his loan.  Guess that leaves payet available for psg?  Mertesacker back in training
Courage, my word, it didn't come, it doesn't matter.
Thanks given by:
Who?
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 03:15 PM)Busby Wrote: Who?
Spanish kid.  Product of barcarsenal youth system.  Loaned out to Granada.  Attacking mid.

We don't just purchase stars at arsenal...we make them.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 05:06 PM)Arsenal Wrote:
Spanish kid.  Product of barcarsenal youth system.  Loaned out to Granada.  Attacking mid.

Ozil, Carzola, Sanchez Wink
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 05:25 PM)theDC Wrote:
(2017-01-10, 05:06 PM)Arsenal Wrote:

Ozil, Carzola, Sanchez Wink
It could be argued that all three were bit players with their old clubs and have become better players at Arsenal.
Thanks given by:
No, not by anyone that watches football. Cazorla....maaaaaaybe, but not really.

Also, I can't think of the last time Arsenal made a star. You guys produce serviceable young squad players...no doubt about that.

Anyway...more news. Schneiderlin is on the verge of moving to Everton. 22M is the reported fee, in poounds. This is a great move for all involved. Morgan never really got going at United, and with the glut of central players at United, he's likely not cracking that code any time soon. Everton will make great use of this man. He's probably the best player in the league not in a starting 11.

Swansea get Olsson from Norwich for 5M.

Makalele has been appointed an assistant to Clement at Swansea. This is pretty big news, that won't get much play, since it's two very successful ex Chelsea people managing a club. I suspect Swansea will see a much improved second half to the season.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 02:38 PM)Busby Wrote: No, not by anyone that watches football.  Cazorla....maaaaaaybe, but not really.

Also, I can't think of the last time Arsenal made a star.  You guys produce serviceable young squad players...no doubt about that.

Anyway...more news.  Schneiderlin is on the verge of moving to Everton.  22M is the reported fee, in poounds. This is a great move for all involved.  Morgan never really got going at United, and with the glut of central players at United, he's likely not cracking that code any time soon.  Everton will make great use of this man.  He's probably the best player in the league not in a starting 11.

Makalele has been appointed an assistant to Clement at Swansea.  This is pretty big news, that won't get much play, since it's two very successful ex Chelsea people managing a club.  I suspect Swansea will see a much improved second half to the season.

It can't get any worse, but I give them zero chance of surviving.
Jesus Christ is flawed
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 08:23 PM)miltonred Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 02:38 PM)Busby Wrote: No, not by anyone that watches football.  Cazorla....maaaaaaybe, but not really.

Also, I can't think of the last time Arsenal made a star.  You guys produce serviceable young squad players...no doubt about that.

Anyway...more news.  Schneiderlin is on the verge of moving to Everton.  22M is the reported fee, in poounds. This is a great move for all involved.  Morgan never really got going at United, and with the glut of central players at United, he's likely not cracking that code any time soon.  Everton will make great use of this man.  He's probably the best player in the league not in a starting 11.

Makalele has been appointed an assistant to Clement at Swansea.  This is pretty big news, that won't get much play, since it's two very successful ex Chelsea people managing a club.  I suspect Swansea will see a much improved second half to the season.

It can't get any worse, but I give them zero chance of surviving.

I bet they stay up! It will be really interesting, but I think now they're out of the FA cup and Hull has games vs. United, and are still in the cup...things will be tougher for them.  Plus, I'm not really liking the way Middlesborough are going about things.  I think they have punched above their weight in a lot of games vs the BIGS, but they are not a good team.  Even palace, although the Allardyce factor is there for them.  And Sunderland too....

The relegation battle will be big.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 02:07 PM)Arsenal Wrote: Ars look to cover Santi and mesut by recalling Jon toral from his loan.  Guess that leaves payet available for psg?  Mertesacker back in training

Toral loaned to Rangers.  I guess the issue was lack of playing time at Granada, and we want to keep his development moving forward.

C'mon Arsene...get Payet.  There's nobody else on the team that can take a free kick when Mesut's out.
Thanks given by:
Costa to China for elevnty trillion fortune cookies a day. I thought no one wanted/asked to leave Chelsea. Such a legendary club in such a legendary city. Everything's wonderful. The Barcelona of the empire. I really hope the irony here isn't lost on anyone.
Thanks given by:
I very much hope this happens, except for the fact that their Russian mafia king owner gets a ridiculous sum of money in exchange.

The player has made it clear he wanted to leave in summer, for some undisclosed personal reason, which he also says has not been resolved. Not sure how moving to China helps that, but I think if he does, then his and his extended Brazilian family are set for life.
Jesus Christ is flawed
Thanks given by: