Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
January transfer thread
(2017-01-18, 01:52 PM)Busby Wrote: Memphis Depay to Lyon, 16M rising to 22M with add ons.  Buy back and sell on clause. 

Good business this window by us.  Nearly half of the Pogba fee recouped.  Or nearly half of the Griezmann.

You just know he's going to go on and shred it out there.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-18, 01:52 PM)Busby Wrote: Memphis Depay to Lyon, 16M rising to 22M with add ons.  Buy back and sell on clause. 

Good business this window by us.  Nearly half of the Pogba fee recouped.  Or nearly half of the Griezmann.

I wouldn't be baking on getting the extra 6mill any time soon. He'll be back in Holland in two years, or maybe homeless.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-18, 04:59 PM)miltonred Wrote:

I wouldn't be baking on getting the extra 6mill any time soon. He'll be back in Holland in two years, or maybe homeless.
Yeah, not a believer myself.
Courage, my word, it didn't come, it doesn't matter.
Thanks given by:
He's a decent prospect. He's 22 which is getting on for a kid. He never made the jump properly. He was definitely better under LVG, than Jose. I don't think Jose has much time for these younger players who need the game time. I can see Martial struggling a bit in the next half of the season. Luke Shaw is another one who appears to have difficulty under Jose.

United have a glut of wide midfield players at the moment.

The point of the buy back is the opportunity to get first to the queue. Look at Morata last year with Juve. A talent that was worth being back in Madrid, for Madrid. It's a clause that a club like United should have had all along with these young players. Kean at Burnley is another that should have had this IMO.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-20, 11:24 AM)Busby Wrote: He's a decent prospect. He's 22 which is getting on for a kid.  He never made the jump properly.  He was definitely better under LVG, than Jose. I don't think Jose has much time for these younger players who need the game time.  I can see Martial struggling a bit in the next half of the season.  Luke Shaw is another one who appears to have difficulty under Jose.  

United have a glut of wide midfield players at the moment.  

The point of the buy back is the opportunity to get first to the queue.  Look at Morata last year with Juve.  A talent that was worth being back in Madrid, for Madrid.  It's a clause that a club like United should have had all along with these young players.  Kean at Burnley is another that should have had this IMO.
A good deal for both club and player.  We're all hoping for more, but at this stage in his career, Memphis appears to be more Babel than Overmars.

A former poster, nucgunner, used to lament the premature selling on of young Dutch talent to the big clubs.  He suggested that Dutch kids should play everyday  in holland until solidly into their twenties.  He had a point.  Recently, Babel and Drenthe never fully realized their potential, and I am truly happy that Memphis and club were 'united' in their approach moving forward.
Courage, my word, it didn't come, it doesn't matter.
Thanks given by:
One thing known in the circles at OT was Memphis wasn't a lazy trainer. He took his football very seriously. I think this was a combination of the purchase of Mkhitaryan, and Zlatan fully shuffling the line up to the point where the wings were the only spots. The rise of Rashford and Martial, plus Lingard, Mata. That's five players for two spots. Then when you think about a 3 man mid that Jose is favouring these days. Rooney getting into the squad, and of course Pogba and Herrera and Carrick and Fellaini. There's just no room. Even with Morgan and Memphis gone, there's still some tough questions.
Thanks given by: