Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jet fans hoping for the best
Much like we've seen in other Canadian cities, Winnipeggers aren't interested in Hockey as much as they are in the Jets. 

Jets fans are, at the moment, really excited about the lottery, and that's really about it.

With 7.5% chance of taking 1st overall, Jets fans are hoping for a top 3 pick! They could then either pick high, or package that with a high end prospect and potentially get something huge in return. 

Lets say Jets get either of the picks below. What would you tell Kevin to do?

1st

2nd

3rd
Thanks given by:
Trade the pick to the Sens!

I can't see any of the top 3 picks moving...Matthews and the 2 Finns look to be the real deal. I'd take one of them if I were the Jets.

Ottawa is winning the lotto anyways Wink
Thanks given by:
(2016-04-29, 08:52 AM)Heisenberg Wrote: Trade the pick to the Sens!

I can't see any of the top 3 picks moving...Matthews and the 2 Finns look to be the real deal.  I'd take one of them if I were the Jets.  

I'd have no complaints if they did! I'd love to see any of the three join the young guns in Ottawa.
Thanks given by:
(2016-04-29, 11:11 AM)theDC Wrote:
(2016-04-29, 08:52 AM)Heisenberg Wrote: Trade the pick to the Sens!

I can't see any of the top 3 picks moving...Matthews and the 2 Finns look to be the real deal.  I'd take one of them if I were the Jets.  

I'd have no complaints if they did! I'd love to see any of the three join the young guns in Ottawa.

Congrats you guys..!!! when I saw it was Leafs,CBJ and the Jets I had hoped for a Jets/Leafs 1/2 either way...!
Thanks given by:
Take that Finnish kid who lit it up in the World Juniors.
Thanks given by:
I was gonna say congrats as well, but to who? DC is the only poster who's from Manitoba that I'm aware of & I'm not sure he's a Jets fan!
Thanks given by:
(2016-04-30, 09:26 PM)CTS Wrote: I was gonna say congrats as well, but to who?  DC is the only poster who's from Manitoba that I'm aware of & I'm not sure he's a Jets fan!

I like the Jets, but behind Chicago and Ottawa. But I do have a vested interest in the Jets doing well.

I really, REALLY like this (obviously). I actually think the Jets win this by picking 2nd. Matthews is getting all the hype, BUT, I believe Laine will be the better player. But lets say the Leafs see that too, that means the Jets get Matthews.
Thanks given by:
(2016-04-30, 09:26 PM)CTS Wrote: I was gonna say congrats as well, but to who?  DC is the only poster who's from Manitoba that I'm aware of & I'm not sure he's a Jets fan!

There's PegCity but he doesn't post that often on here.  I live in Winnipeg and cheer for the Jets too when they're not facing the Leafs.  This is a perfect night for me obviously.  Don't think the Jets can lose with either Laine or Matthews.
Thanks given by:
Someone on HFBoards posted this potential future lineup in a couple years.  Damn it looks nice

Ehlers Scheifele Laine
Connor Little Wheeler
Dano Lowry Petan
Lemieux Copp Armia

Trouba Byfuglien
Enstrom Myers
Morrissey xxx

Hellybuyck
Comrie
Thanks given by:
(2016-04-30, 10:31 PM)theDC Wrote:

I like the Jets, but behind Chicago and Ottawa. But I do have a vested interest in the Jets doing well.

I really, REALLY like this (obviously). I actually think the Jets win this by picking 2nd. Matthews is getting all the hype, BUT, I believe Laine will be the better player. But lets say the Leafs see that too, that means the Jets get Matthews.

I like Laine better too, but admit it is only because of the limited action I saw at the World Juniors. Laine impressed me far more than Matthews,  but I'd imagine that's not a fair assessment on my part.
Thanks given by: