Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laine gets rocked

Tough to say there's anything wrong with the hit.

Hopefully he's ok... Plain
Thanks given by:
Trying to trick us into watching Leaf highlights? For shame.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 08:39 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote: Trying to trick us into watching Leaf highlights? For shame.

Gawds no....not sure how I screwed that up, lol.
Thanks given by: TheOilerFan83
Big, clean hit, I have no problem with that, I just hope he doesn't have a serious concussion or anything.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 08:37 PM)Limestoner Wrote:

He better be ok.  Don't want to see Matthews win the Calder.
Warning:  Brain May not be Engaged.
Thanks given by:
Looks like a good, clean hit to me. He absolutely got rocked. I hope he's ok.
Thanks given by:
Legal hit but damn. Sucks to see a young star get hurt.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 08:52 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: He better be ok.  Don't want to see Matthews win the Calder.

I hope he is okay....

so there is no excuse if Matthews wins it.
Thanks given by: MisterZ
(2017-01-07, 08:52 PM)cflisthebest Wrote:

Why not?  Matthews seems like a pretty likeable guy. Don't care about the Calder. I hope he's okay because its not good for the league to see one of its rising young superstars hurt.
Thanks given by: Viable
The hit was legal, but a little letup on McCabe's part would have been in order from a player with more class. Did you see McCabe's face? He had stitches. Not sure if they were from the hit or from the after party.
I would classify the hit as dirty. A hit delivered with a lot less force would have separated him from the puck just as well - without the injuries.
As far as a concussion goes, it seems highly unlikely that he didn't get one. He better learn real quick to keep his head up.
"Stand up for yourself young fellow. Nobody else is going to do it for you" 
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 08:52 PM)cflisthebest Wrote:

Seriously?  Angry That's what you thought of after watching that play? Brain is not engaged.
"Stand up for yourself young fellow. Nobody else is going to do it for you" 
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-08, 08:25 AM)Viable Wrote: The hit was legal, but a little letup on McCabe's part would have been in order from a player with more class. Did you see McCabe's face? He had stitches. Not sure if they were from the hit or from the after party.
I would classify the hit as dirty. A hit delivered with a lot less force would have separated him from the puck just as well - without the injuries.
As far as a concussion goes, it seems highly unlikely that he didn't get one. He better learn real quick to keep his head up.

This I agree with! There was no reason to absolutely rock Laine unless the intent was injury and that is sometimes part of this game but not usually on young superstars. Nasty hit! I also hope he is o.k. This game has become much faster over the years and the result is more injuries/concussions etc.
Thanks given by:
If Polak had the opportunity to lay that hit on Marchand or Bergeron or Galchenyuk or any player, would you expect him to let up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Good clean hit. Almost an excuse me hit. Its too bad that Laine was injured. Deplorable that Schiefele jumped McCabe right after too.
I used to do the Hokey-Pokey, but I turned myself around.
Thanks given by:
I personally didn't see anything vicious about the hit. Yes, it was hard but not so hard as to be able to anticipate a player would be injured as a result. Certainly unfortunate for Laine and Winnpeg.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-08, 09:43 AM)Nanuuk Wrote: Good clean hit. Almost an excuse me hit. Its too bad that Laine was injured. Deplorable that Schiefele jumped McCabe right after too.

Oh, come on, if Sam or John were on the receiving end of that hit, you would expect an immediate response from his teammates, would you not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Most of the energy in this hit came from Laine's momentum. McCabe wasn't moving very fast at all. I'm not sure what else the guy could have done other than getting out of the way.
Thanks given by: Nanuuk
(2017-01-08, 01:28 AM)Chris D Wrote:
(2017-01-07, 08:52 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: He better be ok.  Don't want to see Matthews win the Calder.

I hope he is okay....

so there is no excuse when Matthews wins it.

Fixed it for you
Thanks given by: Viable
(2017-01-08, 08:25 AM)Viable Wrote: The hit was legal, but a little letup on McCabe's part would have been in order from a player with more class. Did you see McCabe's face? He had stitches. Not sure if they were from the hit or from the after party.

I can't see anything dirty or "classless" about the play, this is exactly the kind of hit that we want to see in the NHL, hard and clean.  It sucks Laine was injured, he's my favourite rookie this year, but the hit was fantastic.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-08, 10:11 AM)Limestoner Wrote: Most of the energy in this hit came from Laine's momentum. McCabe wasn't moving very fast at all. I'm not sure what else the guy could have done other than getting out of the way.
That's just it...He actually didn't hit him that hard.

He was just there...

Two big bodies, and one had his head down. It sucks that a line brawl had to break out, but I get it.

Too bad Lehner and Byfuglien didnt get to throw a few.... Lehner is a total whack job...Lol ( and only one inch shorter, and twenty pounds lighter)

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: