Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laine
(2017-01-08, 08:39 AM)Viable Wrote: I sure hope the kid is OK after this and that he learns to keep his head up !! He's great to watch, but he's got to protect himself at all times.

There are too many slugs in the NHL looking for their opportunity to "shine". One of the many reasons that 30 teams in the league is too many.

I ain't even mad at the guy. All he really did was step up and stand there. He didn't come across the ice to kill someone. Solid hit, and both have consequences for it. (did you see his face?). 

The fact that Laine was walking around after the game according to some neurologists is a good sign.
Thanks given by:
Any update on Laine
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-14, 02:16 PM)Wulfgar85 Wrote: Any update on Laine

He was placed on IR.  Could be a while.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-14, 04:07 PM)LeafalCrusader Wrote:

It could potentially be a while but being placed on IR doesn't necessarily make it so - IR can be seven days from the date of the injury.

Even if its just two week, it makes sense to place the player on IR (a) for cap reasons and (b) to create a roster spot for a replacement.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-14, 05:10 PM)Pouzar Wrote:
(2017-01-14, 04:07 PM)LeafalCrusader Wrote:

It could potentially be a while but being placed on IR doesn't necessarily make it so - IR can be seven days from the date of the injury.

Even if its just two week, it makes sense to place the player on IR (a) for cap reasons and (b) to create a roster spot for a replacement.

I'm aware of that thanks.  I suspect the Jets will be cautious with Laine.  Better to be safe than sorry.
Thanks given by:
I don't disagree - I'm sure they will.

Was just positing that getting placed on IR doesn't necessarily mean that it will be long term. Not an uplifting sign though.
Thanks given by:
Jets aren't too occupied with the cap right now, they're in a very good place in that regard. You're likely right about calling someone up though.
Thanks given by:
I'm hoping he gets super hot and gets 40+ goals.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2017-03-03, 11:35 AM)bicboi Wrote: I'm hoping he gets super hot and gets 40+ goals.

25 points in his last 17 games.  Hard for him to get much hotter than what he's at right now.  He keeps up his current pace he should hit 40+ with ease.  Guy's a superstar.
Thanks given by: