Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lebron
officially hater proof. If you dont have him among the best all time you are wrong lol. What a performance this series
"I thank you in advance for the great round of applause I am about to get." - Bo Diddley
Thanks given by: Seamus , Seamus
Agreed. Once he returned to Cleveland I found it pretty hard to root against him anyways.
Thanks given by:
My HERO!!!!!!

I have 2 brothers that were born in Cleveland.
Been waiting for something good for this City in decades!

WOO
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure exactly where I'd rank him. I'll let the excitement and intensity of the past few weeks pass before I make a judgment on where I'd rank him. With that said, there is an argument to be made that he is the greatest of all time. I think his place in the top 5 is firmly established.
"Larry Bird isn't white, he's clear" - Bill Murray
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure I've ever heard of anyone not ranking him amongst the top 3-5 players of all time. The real bone of contention has been if he's the GOAT, which I don't believe he is - that is still MJ, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2016-06-20, 08:09 AM)Superlube11 Wrote: I'm not sure I've ever heard of anyone not ranking him amongst the top 3-5 players of all time. The real bone of contention has been if he's the GOAT, which I don't believe he is - that is still MJ, IMO.

I would say prior to this season, most had him in the 5-10 range. I rarely saw anyone rate him in the top 5. This post-season has elevated him to that top 3-5 status though.
"Larry Bird isn't white, he's clear" - Bill Murray
Thanks given by:
(2016-06-20, 08:09 AM)Superlube11 Wrote: I'm not sure I've ever heard of anyone not ranking him amongst the top 3-5 players of all time. The real bone of contention has been if he's the GOAT, which I don't believe he is - that is still MJ, IMO.

At age 31 Lebron is actually ahead of Jordan in total win shares and MVPs and has the same number of titles Jordan had at 31. To be continued...
"I thank you in advance for the great round of applause I am about to get." - Bo Diddley
Thanks given by:
6 consecutive finals appearances.
Cleveland was a 30 something win team, Lebron comes back & takes them to the finals in year 1 & wins it all in year 2

He's a living legend
Thanks given by:
We are witnessing greatness. How would you compare him vs. Kobe?
Thanks given by:
"...and Alexander looked out upon his lands and wept, as there were no more kingdoms to conquer".

Magnificent.
Courage, my word, it didn't come, it doesn't matter.
Thanks given by: bodisthava
(2016-06-20, 09:57 AM)TheNumber13 Wrote: We are witnessing greatness. How would you compare him vs. Kobe?

Not even close to me. I don't put Kobe top 10
Thanks given by: TheNumber13
One of the top 3 greatest players of all time. One of the greatest athletes i've ever seen in my life.

Thanks given by:
(2016-06-20, 08:44 AM)encore Wrote:

I would say prior to this season, most had him in the 5-10 range. I rarely saw anyone rate him in the top 5. This post-season has elevated him to that top 3-5 status though.

Really? I've really only heard arguments comparing him to Jordan so maybe I just assumed the masses had him higher. I sure did, the guy's an animal and always felt was top 3 hands down.

Thanks given by:
(2016-06-20, 10:11 AM)bodisthava Wrote:
(2016-06-20, 09:57 AM)TheNumber13 Wrote: We are witnessing greatness. How would you compare him vs. Kobe?

Not even close to me. I don't put Kobe top 10

Agreed it's not even close. LBJ way ahead of Kobe IMO.

Thanks given by:
(2016-06-20, 09:06 AM)bodisthava Wrote:

At age 31 Lebron is actually ahead of Jordan in total win shares and MVPs and has the same number of titles Jordan had at 31. To be continued...

I guess the big difference there is MJ was 3/3 and ended up being 6/6. LBJ is 3/7......

Either way, can't dispute how awesome Lebron is. Physical freak of nature, but to me he just seems to be missing that extra edge mentally that separated MJ from everybody else.

When people talk about Jordan, the first thing they usually mention is his unmatched competitiveness and desire to win - so much so that he took so many things personally as fuel and for all intents and purposes was a real dick about it (re: HOF speech), lol.

Thanks given by:
Lebron is top 3-5 for sure but MJ is GOAT.
Thanks given by:
(2016-06-20, 12:38 PM)Superlube11 Wrote:

I guess the big difference there is MJ was 3/3 and ended up being 6/6. LBJ is 3/7......

Either way, can't dispute how awesome Lebron is. Physical freak of nature, but to me he just seems to be missing that extra edge mentally that separated MJ from everybody else.

When people talk about Jordan, the first thing they usually mention is his unmatched competitiveness and desire to win - so much so that he took so many things personally as fuel and for all intents and purposes was a real dick about it (re: HOF speech), lol.

3/3 because he didn't make it as many times to the final. you are giving Jordan credit for getting beat down in rounds 1/2/3 in the early part of his career. It is not like he only played 6 years and batted a thousand. When he lost he lost earlier. Lebron is getting slagged for getting his team further every year but not finishing out every year. It is an impossible standard. Jordan didn't take the next step until he learned to distribute the ball better. I have no doubt one on one Jordan would beat Lebron as he was that competitive but for a team game I would take Lebron. I would also take Magic.
Thanks given by:
(2016-06-20, 01:02 PM)bodisthava Wrote:

3/3 because he didn't make it as many times to the final. you are giving Jordan credit for getting beat down by the Celtics and Pistons in rounds 1/2/3 in the early part of his career. He didn't take the next step until he learned to distribute the ball better. I have no doubt one on one Jordan would beat Lebron as he was that competitive but for a team game I would take Lebron

Well if you want to get this technical then Lebron is never the closer of his team.

Irving was the one to hit the dagger last night and Wade was the closer when he was on the Heat.

MJ > Lebron.
Thanks given by:
(2016-06-20, 01:04 PM)Harrison219 Wrote:
(2016-06-20, 01:02 PM)bodisthava Wrote:

3/3 because he didn't make it as many times to the final. you are giving Jordan credit for getting beat down by the Celtics and Pistons in rounds 1/2/3  in the early part of his career. He didn't take the next step until he learned to distribute the ball better. I have no doubt one on one Jordan would beat Lebron as he was that competitive but for a team game I would take Lebron

Well if you want to get this technical then Lebron is never the closer of his team.

Irving was the one to hit the dagger last night and Wade was the closer when he was on the Heat.

MJ > Lebron.

lol Lebron lead everyone(both teams) in every statistical category points/rebounds and assists and he also lead his team in blocks. Jordan never did that but yes Jordan had a dagger of a shot. Of course if you remember the Bulls victories so did Steve Kerr/John Paxson and tony Kukoc Wink

I would also argue that block on Iguodala was as huge as any big shot.
Thanks given by:
Yea, Lebron filled up the stats sheet and everyone's calling him top 3 players here.

But better than MJ? Nah, hitting the big shots down the stretch and being a closer is huge. Just look at how popular and respected Kobe is/was.

If Lebron was the guy relied upon to hit the big shots, you get Cleveland's first trip to the finals and last year's finals without Irving.
Thanks given by: