Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lebron
Lebron has declined his player option worth 24 million
Thanks given by:
I want him to end his career with at least 6 but that will be hard.
Thanks given by:
Please..... it's not even close MJ is the GOAT.

Jordan left Carolina after his junior year, he took 2 years off to play baseball at the prime of his career or the Bulls would have had 8 straight championships.

Also Lebron is the benefactor of a buttery soft Eastern Conference. Jordan lead Bulls had to fight with many competitive teams in the east. Erving and Barkley lead Sixers, the Celtics with Bird, Parish, Johnson, McHale , the Piston Bad Boy teams and the always strong Patrick Ewing and John Starks lead New York Knicks.

Compare that to the competition Lebron has had inorder to get to the Finals. It's not even freakin' close to what MJ. faced.

So Jordan will potentially play 5 less years in the NBA than LeBron if he retires at the same age. LeBron is top 5. I have new respect for the man since he went back to Cleveland but....

MJ.
then begin the rest of the list.
Thanks given by:
(2016-06-28, 10:01 PM)Chris D Wrote: ...and if it will take him another 7 tries to get 3 more.

It is interesting that you seem to think this would be a failing. If Lebron got a team to 7 more finals that would be such an epic accomplishment. Even if he only won 3.  He has been to 7 straight finals. That is amazing
"I thank you in advance for the great round of applause I am about to get." - Bo Diddley
Thanks given by:
The man's a machine. I can't fathom how tired he must be especially because of all the minutes he plays.
Thanks given by:
It's humorous that people bring up LeBron's Finals losses as a reason to drag him down. It's as if finishing with the second best result a team could have hoped for is such a horrible thing.
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by: Doppelganger
(2016-06-29, 09:13 AM)encore Wrote: It's humorous that people bring up LeBron's Finals losses as a reason to drag him down. It's as if finishing with the second best result a team could have hoped for is such a horrible thing.

Considering how many teams have NEVER made the finals in their history it is amazing how we equate losing in the finals as being a loser overall. If it were just about titles this would be Bill Russell hands down as he was as important to his 11 titles in 13 years as Jordan ever was. Maybe just call Russell the GOAT. You can make the case
"I thank you in advance for the great round of applause I am about to get." - Bo Diddley
Thanks given by:
King James wins at the ESPY's for best NBA player and Best Male Athlete.
Thanks given by:
No surprise he won best NBA player.
Thanks given by:
Kinda funny after Curry was the first unanimous MVP.
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-14, 09:39 AM)Chris D Wrote: Kinda funny after Curry was the first unanimous MVP.

It's pretty easy to determine who the better player between the two is after watching their playoff performances.

LeBron quite easily.
Thanks given by:
I don't worship at the altar of Lebron.

If they don't win game 7...Lebron doesn't win this award.

Back to back years Curry has shown he is easily the best player in the NBA. a few games at the end doesn't change that.
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-14, 09:45 AM)Chris D Wrote: I don't worship at the altar of Lebron.

Back to back years Curry has shown he is easily the best player in the NBA.  a few games at the end doesn't change that.

Are you kidding me? It's not a few games, it's the entire playoffs. 

LeBron James
26.3 PPG
7.6 APG
9.5 RPG
3.6 TOPG
34% 3PT
53% FG

Steph Curry
25.1 PPG
5.2 APG
5.5 RPG
4.2 TOPG
40% 3PT
44% FG

Not to mention, defensively they don't even compare. Comparing LeBron and Curry defensively is almost like comparing Curry and Shaq's 3 pt ability (though admittedly, not to that extent). For Curry to be a better player then LeBron, his offensive numbers would have to be staggeringly more impressive then LeBron's. As it stands, LeBron has better PPG, APG, RPG, TOPG, and FG%. 

Go ahead and look at the regular season stats too. Sure, Curry's averaging 5 more PPG, but in no way does that make up for the all rounded game that LeBron provides.
Thanks given by:
I was a big Jordan fan and LeBron hater, but it's getting harder and harder to deny he's not in the conversation for the GOAT...
Thanks given by: TheNumber13
(2016-07-14, 09:45 AM)Chris D Wrote: I don't worship at the altar of Lebron.

Back to back years Curry has shown he is easily the best player in the NBA.  a few games at the end doesn't change that.

Are you ******* serious?
Thanks given by:
The Cavs winning the championship was also voted the best Sports moment/story of the year .
Thanks given by:
too much Lebron love.

in here

out there.

everywhere.
Thanks given by:
You've made your dislike for LeBron very well known, but I've posted the hard facts.

Along with the statistics provided above, he's a 3x MVP, 3x Finals MVP, 10x All First Team, 5x All Defensive First Team, and he's won 3 NBA titles.

What are your reasons for Curry "easily" being the best player in the NBA? Because at this point, I'd say that's a very difficult argument to make, especially after the dominance LeBron just displayed in the Playoffs.
Thanks given by:
back to back MVP titles, the unanimous MVP this year (Lebron was 3rd in voting), in a season his team only lost 9 regular season games is a pretty big argument in and of itself...that's a lot of votes from people who follow the sport, saying that he is the best.

last year, he won this very award that Lebron won now...and he was even better this year than last.
Thanks given by: ckendall
LeBron won Best Male Athlete at the ESPYs alright, but was it because he was the best player throughout the regular season AND playoffs? No, it was because his Cavs beat the Warriors in the Finals & he just so happened to be the best player in the Finals.

So...I kinda believe that was the main reason LeBron was Best Male Athlete, because he was dominant in the Finals but not the entire year throughout.

Last night's ESPYs felt a lot like the LeBron & the Cavaliers show, they had to win just about every big award( Best Male Athlete, Best Team, Best Moment ), as if ESPN wants to keep reminding everyone over & over about LeBron & the Cavs winning the championship. Heck, it's exactly the type of sports storyline ESPN thrives on: LeBron winning another championship, to add to his so-called "Kingdom" & the never-ending story about Cleveland finally winning its 1st championship since Jim Brown's Cleveland Browns won the 1964 NFL Title. ESPN will pretty much milk this much as they can possible.

There's no denying though that LeBron is pretty much the best player currently in the league, he has 3 championship rings, a host of league MVPs, which help stake his claim. Stephen Curry is right up there as well though, but it seems like suddenly everyone jumped off the Stephen Curry 'bandwagon' after this year's Finals. People want to "put the crown back on LeBron so he never relinquishes it ever again".

Oh...& some fella named Tim Duncan quietly announced his retirement this week after winning FIVE NBA Championships, two of which came at the expense of none other than LeBron James. But since he wasn't "flashy" enough for the league to market as one of its best players, I guess his 5 championships will just go by the wayside while LeBron, as usual, will get all the attention 24/7 on ESPN for another year at least.... Silly Wink
Thanks given by: BobbyBaun