Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Match day 19 last of 2016
Big game is Liverpool vs City 

Appetizers are Yernited v Middlesboro ( who have been a bit of a bogey team for them over the years )
Chelsea v Stoke
Arsenal v Palace on New Years Day. Big Sam.

Mourinho has made four changes to his winning formula today, adding Fellaini, Smalling, Bailly and Martial to the team. Risky, but with another game Monday, needs must.
Thanks given by:
United stage a deserved comeback after it looked like Boro might commit highway robbery and slink off to the northeast with the three points.

Chelsea have a bit of back and forth with Stoke before sealing a 4-2 victory. Going to be very tough fir anyone to catch them.

Liverpool scored early and hung on to take a huge 3 points against City. Having said that we had two breakaway opportunities to kill the game that were totally and unusually wasted.

Upto Spurs and Arsenal, who could move 3rd with a win to take advantage of City's loss.

The next round of games will be interesting in terms of line ups and potential slip ups. I don't fancy the trip up to Sunderland much tbh.
Thanks given by:
Liverpool / Man C was disappointing.

Chelsea the runaway winners at this point. Barring injury to Hazard
Thanks given by:
Spurs just hammered Watford to go above City. Arsenal up next, with a chance to push City out of top four too.
Thanks given by:
Giroud scoring an amazing scorpion style goal, similar to the Micky Terry Ann goal but better and onside!
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-01, 11:48 AM)miltonred Wrote: Giroud scoring an amazing scorpion style goal, similar to the Micky Terry Ann goal but better and onside!

I think it was better than Miss a Terry Ann's too.  Brilliant improvisation, and Giroud started the play in his own half with a back heel as well.  It's truly moments such as these that make me marvel at the team.  Sometimes could give two shits if we ever win the league - it's that easy on the eye, tippy tappy football that makes me smile.

Thanks given by:
Caught the Giroud post match interview.  He's actually, an incredibly likeable character!  Quel surprise!
Courage, my word, it didn't come, it doesn't matter.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-02, 06:07 AM)Arsenal Wrote: Caught the Giroud post match interview.  He's actually, an incredibly likeable character!  Quel surprise!

Just like me.  In fact, I often get confused with Giroud .......

Icon_rolleyes

lol.  Anyways.  Did you make it to the Emirates during this festive period?  I remember you saying you were wanting to score tickets for Boxing Day.

Thanks given by:
My son just came back from blighty, where he was fortunate enough to score tickets for the Boxing Day match at Emirates.  Here he is personally witnessing his first live kick of the ball at the new Highbury....
(Yes, his mother and I are a tad concerned about his future job prospects due to the facial ink)

Attached Files
.png   IMG_3984.PNG (Size: 399.75 KB / Downloads: 14)
Courage, my word, it didn't come, it doesn't matter.
Thanks given by:
[Image: liverpool.png]

If that's your son, future Emirates turnstill ticket taker, and I mean no offence to your dear homely lad ..... is this Sparta Milt?

Thanks given by:
Classic ***** Grioud...misses a sitter five minutes before sticking his foot out and knocking into the top corner. Not even close to Miki's goal, but it's as dumb as an argument as Messi vs. Ronaldo...or the parade of grand kids of ex hockey "legends" from pre war era NHL...as "100 Greats" or whatever the hell they were calling them yesterday!

What was that about United's luck? Easily the worst reffing display this year. I'm not sure if Mason should even run a line, let alone another EPL match. Forget the penalty call on Rashford, he was taking ages to make a call, his application of the advantage rule was comical, and of course that goal he called back on Zlatan was comical. Of course, Valdes helped sell it, but my word what a dreadful reffing display.

On the balance of play through out the season, things are fine. We got the rub in not having Rojo sent off vs Everton...and of course the outcome of the game vs. M'boro was the right one. Still, you'd like to think these things are in the control of the players with the Ref weighing in on the 50/50 calls...not the 100/0 ones.
Thanks given by:
lol Busby ... where did Messi v Ronaldo come from again?  

Ah, who knows ... could be absolute stupid ***** luck, with nothing more than what you said .... but it sure looked sweet on these eyes.  Just like beauty, it's all in the eyes of the beholder ... and that was my super hot tall big titted 6 packed dirty blonde with a frosty pint and a joint in hand - right there .............  Icon_eek Icon_eek Icon_eek Icon_eek Wink Grin

ps, it was classic Giroud too.  Like you said, missed a sitter 5 minutes earlier ... but being an Arsenal fan with a history of Giroud, you know that's how it's going to go beforehand - so no actual surprises there.  

How was the Christmas whiskey?  I'm still working on the lonely hearts leftover rum ................. lol

Thanks given by:
Whisky was good. Had too much of it. I also drink American whisky, and love the barrel proof variety.

So...I say this: Arsenal with Grioud up top and Alexis in the wing/middle, is their best set up. I get that Ozil was out, but Arsenal have way more work in pressing the football in this formation than they do with Sanchez as the striker.

No Ozil today either, so I will be keen to see how they line up.
Thanks given by:
They are losing 2-0 so it may well be their best line-up from my perspective.
Thanks given by:
I guess I should have thought about my assessment in that it's their best line up going forward. I forgot they can't play basic defense. Both of those goals were absolutely sunday league horse shit. The only difference is most sunday league refs would never call a penalty.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-03, 03:31 PM)miltonred Wrote: They are losing 2-0 so it may well be their best line-up from my perspective.

Cough 3 Cough
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-03, 03:39 PM)Busby Wrote: I guess I should have thought about my assessment in that it's their best line up going forward.  I forgot they can't play basic defense.  Both of those goals were absolutely sunday league horse shit.  The only difference is most sunday league refs would never call a penalty.

Fraser, all 3apples high of him, barges the Arsenal makeshift defender off the ball only to meg a near sitting Cech...
Thanks given by:
3-0. This was coming Bournemouth had one called back a few minutes ago on a handball deflection goal.

This is quite the folding by Arsenal. It's the worst game I've seen from Bellerin since he first showed up with all that pace and zero tackling ability. It's like he was given a Tardus for Christmas.
Thanks given by:
Oh god! Heel flicks, nutmegs, galore as the Beachtown boys run rampant on the counter.

This is remarkable stuff!
Thanks given by:
Gabriele is coming on for Arsenal. This could get even more interesting.
Thanks given by: