Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Match day 19 last of 2016
(2017-01-03, 04:45 PM)Busby Wrote: Hey! I think I've said many times I would have him as my number 9 any day, and have never seen the criticism of him as being justified by the screaming Arsenal faithful.  They're unfairly harsh on him overall.

You have Busby.  I was just gearboxing you about it, as you said previously his scorpion kick was dumb luck.

My other comments were directed towards encore.  

Forgot it can be busy in here when the matches are on.  Kind of used to being the only one making comments.

Thanks given by:
Hello! Zaha anyone????
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-03, 04:45 PM)Gooner Wrote: But that's where I just don't care about trophies, I really don't.  Never did.  Arse looked dead in the water 70 mins in.  20 mins and they nick a point.  Edge of the seat stuff too.  ***** love this team when they do that.

"I'm in it for the unlikely draws!"

Whatever floats your boat Gooner. In fairness that is a heck of a turnaround, I saw Liverpool do that once in Istanbul, so I kind of know how it feels. Wink
Thanks given by:
Gooner is trolling here.

That Zaha finish was a peach. Too bad he couldn't have done that in their last fixture.

Here is is if you haven't seen it.

https://streamable.com/hbqn5
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-03, 05:06 PM)Busby Wrote: Gooner is trolling here.  

That Zaha finish was a peach.  Too bad he couldn't have done that in their last fixture.  

Here is is if you haven't seen it.

https://streamable.com/hbqn5

Grin maybe a bit ...... 

Agreed.  Zaha's goal was pretty sweet.  DC said as much too.  Thanks for the up .... I just briefly caught it when they switched coverage.

Thanks given by:
Was there a match played today?

Lol.  Mustafi still has not tasted defeat in an Arsenal shirt....that's 18 games!

Today's match reminded me of tournament weekends when I was a young player.  I was the every minute cb for a very good team.  We'd go to the finals of every weekend tourney we entered, and the final was the 5th or 6th game of a two day tourney.  The final was always played at 60% work rate due to soreness, fatigue and dehydration....that's what the Arsenal looked like in the first half.  48 hours between professional football matches in the cold and rain of England is ludicrous.  We're fortunate to get through the Xmas period with a single injury...coquelin with a hammy.  Hoping Koscielny left early for precaution only.

Oliver was clearly off with several uncharacteristic game affecting officiating errors hilited by the clear barge on Bellerin for the third goal.  Bellerin and Xhaka were also not fit today, so it was really 9 man Arsenal in the first half.  Both players got better late in the game, and wouldn't you know, it was Xhaka with an assist on the tying goal.  Thank goodness we don't have to go to Bournemouth again this season.
Courage, my word, it didn't come, it doesn't matter.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-03, 07:39 PM)Arsenal Wrote: Was there a match played today?

Lol.  Mustafi still has not tasted defeat in an Arsenal shirt....that's 18 games!

Today's match reminded me of tournament weekends when I was a young player.  I was the every minute cb for a very good team.  We'd go to the finals of every weekend tourney we entered, and the final was the 5th or 6th game of a two day tourney.  The final was always played at 60% work rate due to soreness, fatigue and dehydration....that's what the Arsenal looked like in the first half.  48 hours between professional football matches in the cold and rain of England is ludicrous.  We're fortunate to get through the Xmas period with a single injury...coquelin with a hammy.  Hoping Koscielny left early for precaution only.

Oliver was clearly off with several uncharacteristic game affecting officiating errors hilited by the clear barge on Bellerin for the third goal.  Bellerin and Xhaka were also not fit today, so it was really 9 man Arsenal in the first half.  Both players got better late in the game, and wouldn't you know, it was Xhaka with an assist on the tying goal.  Thank goodness we don't have to go to Bournemouth again this season.

Shoulder to shoulder is perfectly legal... at least that's what Gunner fans told us years ago when one of your CBs ran over CRon in the box.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-03, 08:10 PM)theDC Wrote:
(2017-01-03, 07:39 PM)Arsenal Wrote: Was there a match played today?

Shoulder to shoulder is perfectly legal... at least that's what Gunner fans told us years ago when one of your CBs ran over CRon in the box.

Forgetting for a sec that Bellerin deserved to have his pocket picked because he was poor on the play...no speed, or urgency, poor body position, lack of strength and desire etc....I'd argue that Bellerin got illegally taken out before he got to the ball.  Obstruction.

Bellerin was completely mentally checked out in that first half.  I don't know if he thought that he could get away with lackadaisical effort because Mustafi was on the park?  Hard to say....he simply wasn't ready to play.  Good chance to teach the youngster some tough love, and start someone else at left back for a few games.
Thanks given by:
Yes, it could definitely be considered a foul. Bellerin did well to step in front of Fraser, but immediately went down. There was the inevitable arm to the back of Bellerin, but Bellerin never had possession nor did he attempt to play the ball.

This is shades of Vardy on Rafael eh? That wasn't called a foul either BTW. And was way worse.

https://gfycat.com/WhimsicalCoarseCattle

Also...speaking of reffing decisions and your lad Mustafi...he killed about three counter attacks that game with professional fouls. Somehow he only managed three actual foul calls. He was lucky to stay on the pitch.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-04, 09:50 AM)Busby Wrote: Also...speaking of reffing decisions and your lad Mustafi...he killed about three counter attacks that game with professional fouls.  Somehow he only managed three actual foul calls.  He was lucky to stay on the pitch.

Same with Xhaka.  Seemed to be missed in the totting up process during that whole awful display of his.  Like Mustafi, only penciled in for 2 fouls.  He's really starting to irk me with his lack of discipline and foolish blunders.  Figured he would have grown into the league by now.  And what's he doing taking corners?  If you can't clear the first man, you know, quit.  

Gawd, I miss Cazorla.  

Bellerin was awful.  As I said before, he really looks like he's put on weight ... not good weight, either.  Fatty.

Thanks given by:
Feghouli has had the red over turned apparently. I can really see it both ways. This is the right call though.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-04, 12:22 PM)Busby Wrote: Feghouli has had the red over turned apparently.  I can really see it both ways.  This is the right call though.

When I saw it first my worry was that it was studs up into the back of Jones. Then I saw the replay and was stunned that he was given a red in the first place. A yellow there was more than sufficient.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-04, 09:50 AM)Busby Wrote: Yes, it could definitely be considered a foul.  Bellerin did well to step in front of Fraser, but immediately went down.  There was the inevitable arm to the back of Bellerin, but Bellerin never had possession nor did he attempt to play the ball.

This is shades of Vardy on Rafael eh?  That wasn't called a foul either BTW. And was way worse.

https://gfycat.com/WhimsicalCoarseCattle

Also...speaking of reffing decisions and your lad Mustafi...he killed about three counter attacks that game with professional fouls.  Somehow he only managed three actual foul calls.  He was lucky to stay on the pitch.
Mustafi is one savvy sob.  Not big, not fast, just a keen understanding of the game and his position on the park.  A proper cb professional.  Cech is very much cut of the same mold.  Not the greatest ball stopper, but a calm, professional presence.  We always knew we were less than optimal in those two positions for several seasons, but we never knew quite how deficient we were until we get treated to these two cats.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-04, 12:22 PM)Busby Wrote: Feghouli has had the red over turned apparently.  I can really see it both ways.  This is the right call though.

The rematch is scheduled for Feb 5th...
Thanks given by:
What rematch?
Thanks given by: