Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayweather vs McGregor? lol
Rogan said in that interview it is very possible McGregor vs Mayweather goes 12 rounds and backs it up by saying Mayweather does not have murderous power. Its not selective reading, it is what he said.

You can have the opinion that Mayweather would destroy McGregor, knock him out, or whatever you want. I don't really give a shit. You can make all the attacks on my knowledge you want. It just furthers my point that you can't except others opinion unless you agree with it. I am not sure why you think people will just change their opinion because some internet wannabe know-it-all thinks otherwise. I have my opinion, you have your opinion. I am not changing mine because you act like a whiney bitch and tell me you know more than me.
Thanks given by:
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/11/30/13...a-mma-news

McGregor was issued a boxing license in California.
Hmmmm.....
Thanks given by:
I agree with Nuke - although I really wouldn't give Connor anything more than a punchers chance (a really low one at that), I also really don't see Floyd "destroying" him in the sense of a KO/TKO, but rather doing so on points. He'd most likely win every round via hit, stick and move and it would be boring as hell. The ONLY winners in this scenario would be Connor, Floyd and the promoters as they'd cash in pretty big. The rest of us would be better off watching a ballet on broadway.....
Thanks given by:
I'd like to see Connor fight an amateur boxer first or an average/below average pro boxer, someone like Chris Algieri. My money would be on Algieri.

Again, boxing and MMA are two COMPLETELY different sports. Just because you can throw a punch in your own sport doesn't mean you're a good boxer.

McGregor is completely delusional. Mayweather would eat him alive. I stand by with what I said, I don't think McGregor would last a round against Floyd. And yes, I know Floyd is not a KO artist.

Thanks given by:
(2016-12-01, 04:03 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: McGregor is completely delusional. Mayweather would eat him alive. I stand by with what I said, I don't think McGregor would last a round against Floyd. And yes, I know Floyd is not a KO artist.

Delusional is the only word for it. The best boxers in the world look like this when they try to hit Floyd....

[Image: LGg1hHk.gif]

[Image: BadFineChupacabra.gif]

Yet a guy who isnt even the best boxer in MMA is going to hang with him for 12 rounds in a boxing match? Please. McGregor would look like slow motion to Floyd.  The idea that Floyd would not light him up like a Christmas tree is laughable. As is the idea that Floyd could not knock him out. Every single punch Connor threw would miss and he would eat 2-3 shots back that he probably would not even see because Floyd's hand speed is miles above Connor. 

[Image: image.gif]
[Image: mayweather-de-la-hoya.gif]

Honestly I think the fight would be over the first time Connor threw a punch because he would miss and eat a vicious counter.

[Image: mayweather-im.-1.gif]
[Image: floyd-mayweather-lands-a-right-jab-on-ma...gif?w=1000]
Thanks given by:
wont waste a dime to watch it.
Thanks given by:
Don't need to waste a dime...can find everything on kodi Happy
Thanks given by: Bong13
I agree with Andrew on this. It's pretty laughable.
CM could end FM in one punch.
Problem is he'll never land one.

There are very few people in the history of sports to transfer from one professional league to another and have any level of success. I can't imagine Boxing being any different.
Tears streaming down my cheeks, just take me to Lansdowne Street...
Thanks given by:
To be fair, essentially the only disagreement has been in regards to the manner in which MacGregor would lose - early KO vs death by a thousand mosquito bites. I also have a feeling that even if Floyd was able to KO Connor early, I'm not convinced that he would as I think that he'd rather toy with him and make him look as foolish as possible while exerting as little effort as possible.
Thanks given by:
An uninformed opinion perhaps...but I don't know if McGregor can even last a full 12...don't think he has the stamina to go that long...he has never had to in UFC whose matches are much shorter. Forget how tiring it's going to be for him to repeatedly miss his punches (basically shadow boxing)
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-05, 04:25 PM)Chris D Wrote: An uninformed opinion perhaps...but I don't know if McGregor can even last a full 12...don't think he has the stamina to go that long...he has never had to in UFC whose matches are much shorter. Forget how tiring it's going to be for him to repeatedly miss his punches (basically shadow boxing)

Valid point.
Thanks given by:
Its not like McGregor has never boxed before. He trained as a boxer at a young age, and was a pretty good youth boxer (from internet accounts).

The reason that McGregor would have a chance to go into later rounds is because of the opponents style. that's it. it would be dangerous for Floyd to change his style against someone who can punch like McGregor.

The analogy is more like a PGA pro (FM) going against a long drive champion (CM). The PGA pro is likely going to win a match play event over 18, but if he tries to match him drive for drive there will probably be a few penalty strokes that could cost him.
Thanks given by:
According to various reports, McGregor and Mayweather have agreed to terms on a bout with an agreement with the UFC being the only thing holding up the bout announcement. In one report I read, a source close to McGregor has said an announcment on this match could be made in the next couple of weeks.
Thanks given by:
Only way this happens is if the UFC allows it & does a cross promotion with Mayweather productions. Dana said a few weeks ago this match COULD headline a UFC PPV card. I don't know how they would do that. Would there be a ring & a cage side by side? Would they dismantle the cage & set up the ring while everyone waits?

I still doubt it happens. As a Connor fan & a MMA fan, I have zero interest in this fight. Don't get me wrong, I totally understand why Connor wants to do it though. $$$

Everyone here who has said they wouldn't buy it or watch it.... LOL, stop lying! Of course you will
Thanks given by:
no I won't

The UFC needs to win me back, this is not going to do it.

UFC 208 was a ***** joke
Thanks given by:
(2017-02-14, 02:11 PM)Bong13 Wrote: no I won't

The UFC needs to win me back, this is not going to do it.

UFC 208 was a ***** joke

Lol, please don't tell me you bought that??? I used to buy all the fights but now I am fairly selective on what I pay for. If I don't buy I will usually watch at a bar or if I don't want to go will I will stream it. UFC 208 I just looked up the results the next day.
Thanks given by:
watched at a buddies place

I used to buy them all now its maybe 4-6 a year
Thanks given by:
If it happens i'll watch. But it's going to be so 1 sided. Predicting a 1st round TKO for Floyd.

Thanks given by:
Mayweather just shot down everything on Twitter. No real sources reported this anyways, just British tabloids.

I say the chances of this fight actually happening are around 1%
Thanks given by:
(2017-02-14, 11:45 PM)CTS Wrote: Mayweather just shot down everything on Twitter.    No real sources reported this anyways, just British tabloids.

I say the chances of this fight actually happening are around 1%

ESPN reported it. 

Just 2 weeks ago Mayweather in an interview with Sky Sports 1 said the fight will probably happen.
Thanks given by: