Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayweather vs McGregor? lol
Where am I angry? I just pointed out that you are full of...hot air. You huff and puff and act like king know-it-all when you don't agree with somebody. You have made it perfectly clear that McGregor has zero chance and now are defending burning money on him. And you want to talk about logic??? I think you are now realizing that despite all your bluster you really are not all that confident. You just buried all your arguments.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-05, 04:25 PM)Chris D Wrote: An uninformed opinion perhaps...but I don't know if McGregor can even last a full 12...don't think he has the stamina to go that long...he has never had to in UFC whose matches are much shorter.  Forget how tiring it's going to be for him to repeatedly miss his punches (basically shadow boxing)

UFC Title fights are 25 minutes, sure he's finished them, but nothing I've seen indicates he'd gas. On top of that, think hockey a bit here "shorter shifts" allows the body to perform at a higher rate longer due to increased periods of rest. So while yes, 36 minutes is longer than 25, 11 1 minute breaks are far greater than 4 1 minute breaks. And shadow boxing isn't going to be more draining than fighting off a BJJ or wrestler. 

I'm not arguing in favour of McGregor here, just stating that I don't think cardio would be the determining factor. 

And, while I agree, mostly shadow boxing is what McGregor would be doing, and eating a few combo's every minute, only one second of arrogance on the part of Mayweather could see him flat on his back. McGregor does have KO power, and it would only take one. But yes, that's more a pipe dream than what would actually happen.
Thanks given by:
Currently, odds are -2500 Mayweather, and +1000 McGregor, I'd be putting down $20 on McGregor, even though I doubt he'd win.
Thanks given by:
What's really sad about this is this is the best fight boxing has had and will have for years.

I can't even name a boxer not named Mayweather.
Thanks given by:
(2017-04-04, 06:21 PM)Nuclearsun Wrote: Where am I angry? I just pointed out that you are full of...hot air. You huff and puff and act like king know-it-all when you don't agree with somebody. You have made it perfectly clear that McGregor has zero chance and now are defending burning money on him. And you want to talk about logic??? I think you are now realizing that despite all your bluster you really are not all that confident. You just buried all your arguments.

Nuc from a dude who barely participated in this thread, I think you're being more aggressive here. Andrew described quite clearly why he's betting on McGregor (not that it really matters, but I looked up the way sports bets work) and it makes total sense. He's not really burning money if its on something he enjoys, some people actively bet on sports, not burning for them even if we may view it that way.

Also, sports betting is weird as heck. I was reading up on European soccer bets, some people bet on who'll score right down to the minute, that's insane!!!
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
He is betting on McGregor because he thinks there is a chance for him to win. That is the only reason you put money on this type of bet. He is also criticizing my knowledge for giving McGregor even the slightest chance. So by placing a bet on McGregor he thinks it is not as impossible for McGregor to win as he has been criticizing me for in this thread.
Thanks given by: