Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McGregor vs Alvarez to headline MSG card
Mcgregor vs. Alvarez official for the UFC 205 main event at MSG. Conor is looking to become the UFC's first 2 division champion. The MSG card is starting to stack up with 3 title fights booked. Too bad I will be flying back that night from Vegas so I won't be able to watch it live.
Thanks given by:
good fight but bullshit he has yet to defend the 145 title, Aldo deserves a rematch

Eddie with the win

Fighters need to push back on this bullshit
Thanks given by:
Great news! I wanna see someone hold 2 belts at once, or at least try. We as fans were promised a showdown between 2 champions, but RDA messed that up for everyone. Now we get to see it. For those complaining that McGregor won't defend the 145 lb. belt, who is a worthy challenger? The guy he 1 punch KO'd in 13 seconds?

McGregor collects belts & paycheques. I'm quickly becoming a fan. I love it!
Thanks given by:
(2016-09-27, 10:53 AM)Bong13 Wrote: good fight but bullshit he has yet to defend the 145 title, Aldo deserves a rematch

Eddie with the win

Fighters need to push back on this bullshit

Agreed on the 145 title defense. IMO, he should have to defend it first before getting a crack at being a 2 Division champ. Especially given the old, and seemingly accepted, cliche in the fight game that you need to defend the title to be considered the "true" champ. In addition to Aldo, Holloway deserves a shot too.

I haven't seen Alvarez fight nor know enough about him to make a prediction, but it should be a good one nonetheless.
Thanks given by:
(2016-09-27, 11:35 AM)CTS Wrote: Great news! I wanna see someone hold 2 belts at once, or at least try. We as fans were promised a showdown between 2 champions, but RDA messed that up for everyone. Now we get to see it. For those complaining that McGregor won't defend the 145 lb. belt, who is a worthy challenger? The guy he 1 punch KO'd in 13 seconds?

McGregor collects belts & paycheques. I'm quickly becoming a fan. I love it!

Aldo does, he was the champ for a long time, he should be shown a lot more respect then he is getting.

every other champ get a rematch 1-2 fights after

See GSP and Matt Serria

its no longer about the fights but the $$$$$$$$$$, which I get but don't have to like as a fan.
Thanks given by:
As I've said before, "one punching" the reigning champ and a guy who had been champ for several years with multiple title defenses in 13 seconds isn't indicative of any kind of domination worthy of not awarding a re-match (re: GSP/Serra, Velasquez/dos Santos, hell, even Liddell/Couture to an extent). This is the UFC, not some local bar back alley scrap. Guys get caught. Connor could very well beat Aldo a second time, and so be it, but he needs to get back in the octagon with him. Not to mention that Holloway has won 9 straight......I suppose with Connor fighting Alvarez, this likely sets up an Aldo/Holloway fight which would be good as well, but is still a consolation prize.

Nonetheless, Alvarez/McGregor is going to be banging and a hell of fight!
Thanks given by: Bong13
I get what you guys are saying to an extent about McGregor - Aldo.  However McGregor is a different beast.  He probably shouldn't be allowed to do his own match making, but he is.  So why not enjoy it?   He is the biggest attraction in MMA.  Maybe all combat sports.

A fight against Aldo doesn't excite me at all.  Been there done that.  I really wanna see McGregor test himself & win another belt.  This guy has some balls on him!   If McGregor wins against Alvarez,  Aldo should move up to '55 if he's so obsessed with getting revenge.  He's been talking about it for years.  Man up & move up in weight!  You to Jon Jones.  I wish more fighters walked the walk instead of just talking shit.

This is the UFC 1st time at MSG, it needs to have a huge main event, because the fight card sucked until this announcement.  Hopefully noone gets injured!  I'll take McGregor by KO or TKO
Thanks given by:
Aldo would have been just as huge as this fight

the 145 and 155 guys are getting screwed over

If you are 1-1 against Nate Diaz you are really not that big of a deal.
Thanks given by:
I think McGregor going for a second belt is much bigger than an Aldo rematch. Aldo killed the McGregor feud by pulling out after so much anticipation and then getting KO'd. A lot of fans don't want to go through that hype train for a fighter that may or may not showup. I am also more interested in McGregor facing somebody who can respond back to his trash talk without an interpreter.
Thanks given by:
Jose Aldo comtemplating walking away from MMA.  Says he told Dana to release him from his contract, Dana of course won't do it.

Kinda feel bad for Aldo, but such is life in McGregor world!

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/09/interim-cha...or-booking
Thanks given by:
Don't blame Aldo at all. Its ridiculous that Connor has been able to take meaningless catch weight fights against an unranked Nate Diaz instead of defending his belt. He has been the champ for nearly a year now and has not had a single title defence. His fight with Alvarez will the be his third fight since winning the Featherweight belt and not a single one has even been in the same division he holds the belt in.
Thanks given by:
(2016-09-29, 11:44 AM)Andrew Wrote: Don't blame Aldo at all. Its ridiculous that Connor has been able to take meaningless catch weight fights against an unranked Nate Diaz instead of defending his belt. He has been the champ for nearly a year now and has not had a single title defence. His fight with Alvarez will the be his third fight since winning the Featherweight belt and not a single one has even been in the same division he holds the belt in.

Fully agree and it's not just Aldo that's getting the shaft either as Kabib was actually next in line to fight for the Lightweight crown and it also roadblocks Holloway who's on a 9 fight win streak of his own. However, it is what it is and should be an interesting fight nonetheless.
Thanks given by:
Maybe if Aldo didn't pull out of fights half the time, he could have a legitimate gripe.  I can fully understand the UFC not wanting to risk 1 of their biggest cards of all time by putting a guy who pulls out half the time in the main event.

It would have to be Connor vs. Aldo/ Holloway.  Hollway would essentially have to be on stand by.  Going through a full training camp & prepared to step in at any given moment.  
No way you can risk Aldo being in the main event of this show.

Remember when RDA pulled out of the McGregor fight, Aldo was offered the fight but refused.  Should've took it, because you likely won't get another.

Max Holloway also went off on Aldo today, saying the UFC doesn't owe him shit due to his pulling out all the time.

Aldo is just to unreliable.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, Aldo has had a terrible history of having to pull out due to an injury in training, but that really shouldn't factor in when booking him for future fights. He's either earned the right or he hasn't. As for him turning down McGregor after RDA pulled out, my only question is why would he accept a non-title fight at a catch weight? Just so he can fight Connor again? Not much incentive there.

Interestingly enough, apparently there's some "personal" reasons on Connor's behalf that dictated booking him in the 155 title fight with Alvarez. He will supposedly make an announcement of some sorts after the fight.
Thanks given by:
Donald Cerrone reviled on Norton & Friends that he was offered 2 fights against Conner by the UFC but Conner passed them both up for easier competition in Diaz.

https://utabby.com/en_US/video/020/b_l4z...dy_Central
Thanks given by:
McGregor passing up Cowboy in favor of an 'easier' fight againt Diaz doesn't make any sense. Especially since Diaz beat the hell out of Cowboy when they fought.

I think McGregor could TKO Cowboy rather easily. He's not as tough as Diaz either
Thanks given by:
The publicity tour and marketing for ufc 189 to hype the McGregor/Aldo fight cost the UFC millions upon millions of dollars only for the main event to be Mendes vs. McGregor. Add in the cost to then market UFC 194 and for Aldo to get KO'd in 13 seconds... I don't blame the UFC or McGregor for not being interested in a rematch, especially for the MSG card.
Thanks given by:
(2016-09-30, 05:09 PM)CTS Wrote: McGregor passing up Cowboy in favor of an 'easier' fight againt Diaz doesn't make any sense. Especially since Diaz beat the hell out of Cowboy when they fought.

I think McGregor could TKO Cowboy rather easily. He's not as tough as Diaz either

That fight was a long time ago, Cowboy is a much better fighter

I would have to disagree, lets hope one day we can find out.
Thanks given by:
Ya I'd like to see a Nate - Cowboy rematch, but the odds of that happening are slim to none.

It seems Nate ONLY wants to fight McGregor & noone else.
Thanks given by: Bong13
Rumour has it that Connor got knocked out in training the other day. Only a good old fashioned social media rumour of course, but if true, that's going to impact his camp and possibly his confidence going into the Alvarez fight. Eddie isn't really a prolific striker, but he's explosive and heavy. With that said, I'm sure pretty much every fighter at some point has been knocked a bit loopy in training.
Thanks given by: