Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McGregor vs Alvarez to headline MSG card
The NSAC fined McGregor $150,000 for the bottle throwing incident + 50 hours community service!   How the hell does the athletic commission think they have any right to hand out community service? (they don't)

Not surprisingly McGregor has said he won't fight in Nevada again.  Good!   Are they retarded?  You don't wanna piss off the sports biggest draw.
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-11, 02:25 PM)Superlube11 Wrote: Rumour has it that Connor got knocked out in training the other day. Only a good old fashioned social media rumour of course, but if true, that's going to impact his camp and possibly his confidence going into the Alvarez fight. Eddie isn't really a prolific striker, but he's explosive and heavy. With that said, I'm sure pretty much every fighter at some point has been knocked a bit loopy in training.

It sounds like the whole thing was a joke of sorts to mess with a reporter.
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-13, 08:30 AM)Nuclearsun Wrote:
(2016-10-11, 02:25 PM)Superlube11 Wrote: Rumour has it that Connor got knocked out in training the other day. Only a good old fashioned social media rumour of course, but if true, that's going to impact his camp and possibly his confidence going into the Alvarez fight. Eddie isn't really a prolific striker, but he's explosive and heavy. With that said, I'm sure pretty much every fighter at some point has been knocked a bit loopy in training.

It sounds like the whole thing was a joke of sorts to mess with a reporter.

Lol, not surprising
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-13, 12:26 AM)CTS Wrote: The NSAC fined McGregor $150,000 for the bottle throwing incident + 50 hours community service!   How the hell does the athletic commission think they have any right to hand out community service? (they don't)

Not surprisingly McGregor has said he won't fight in Nevada again.  Good!   Are they retarded?  You don't wanna piss off the sports biggest draw.

The NSAC is a State run organization legislated by the State of Nevada. The NSAC is regulated by the Nevada Administrative Code, Chapter 467, which states that any violate of the regulation constitutes a misdemeanor. A misdemeanor can result in community service. 

The NSAC does have the right to hand down such a punishment.
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-13, 12:26 AM)CTS Wrote: The NSAC fined McGregor $150,000 for the bottle throwing incident + 50 hours community service!   How the hell does the athletic commission think they have any right to hand out community service? (they don't)

Well, technically they can hand out any punishment they want, as corny as it may be, and the fighters are only obligated to adhere to it if they want to fight in that commission's jurisdiction again. I personally think the community service part is ridiculous.....as does pretty much everybody else I'm sure.

As for pissing off the biggest draw? That's irrelevant as disciplinary decisions can't, or at least shouldn't, be dependent on an individual's status. Nobody is bigger than the sport and to imply as such is as foolish as the community service punishment itself. Everybody did just fine before Connor and they will do just fine after he's done. With that said, I probably wouldn't fight in Nevada again either if I were him.
Thanks given by: CTS
So what happens if he only pays the fine, but doesn't fullfill the community service?

What are the chances that other State commisions in the US don't let him fight?

There's lots of fans who feel the Nevada commision is corrupt & needs to be replaced.
Thanks given by:
The punishments perscribed by the NSAC are outlined in their regulations. I think the max fine is $250,000 and no more than 100% of a fighters purse and violations of the regulations will hold a punishment as a misdemeanor.
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-13, 10:53 AM)CTS Wrote: So what happens if he only pays the fine, but doesn't fullfill the community service?

What are the chances that other State commisions in the US don't let him fight?

Commissions will usually uphold the rulings of other commissions when it comes to serious issues like suspensions or what have you. I really doubt this would get to that level though.
Thanks given by:
1 more week, going to be a great card
Thanks given by:
Kalvin Gastelum was severely overweight & didn't even bother weighing in today.  So his fight with Cowboy Cerrone is off.  That's very disapointing.  Gastelum is so undisciplined & unprofessional.   Dana better make his fat ass stay at 185 now.   Too bad cuz Gastelum could be a future champ.

Thiago Alves also badly missed the '55 lb. limit, but I believe his fight with Jim Miller is still a go.
Thanks given by:
The reason for Gastelum vs Cowboy being scrapped was that in New York there is a 5lbs weight differential limit. Because Alves weighed in first at 162lbs, Miller could rehydrate to get within 157lbs to allow the fight to continue.

It sucks that Gastelum didn't inform Cowboys camp about his weight as it would have allowed Gastelum to weigh in and Cowboy to rehydrate to within the 5lbs limit. Because Cowboy weighed in already, Gastelum had to lose something like 4lbs to get within 5lbs of Cowboys weight. That is why he did not bother weighing in.
Thanks given by:
Oh man I can't wait for tonight!

Predictions

- McGregor over Alvarez
- Wonder boy over Woodley
- JJ defends her belt against the other polish chick with an equally difficult name to pronounce
- Romero over Weidman
- Nurmagomedov over Johnson
Thanks given by:
Connor bless!
Thanks given by:
rather easy win for Connor tonight.
Thanks given by:
UFC has a nightmare scenario on their hands now.  Connor can literally do whatever he wants.  I have a feeling he'll challenge Woodley for the WW title next.
The 2 of them got into an altercation backstage at the weigh ins
Thanks given by:
Lol, Mcgregor fighting Woodley would be hilarious. Woodley is an NCAA caliber wrestler who probably outweighs Connor by ~30lbs. Connor avoids wrestlers in his own weight class, i doubt he takes a fight agaisnt one that is 200lbs.
Thanks given by:
He either has to defend the 145 title or give it up, that's whats next for him.

then he has to fight Kahib at 155 and get wrestle ***** to lose the belt.
Thanks given by:
Connor said he wants part ownership of the UFC if they want him to fight again! LOL! He's also gonna be a dad
Thanks given by:
Great fighter, but he's not far removed from being dominated by a lightweight fighting at WW in Diaz. I think it would be hilarious for Diaz to ask for a LW title fight... He can make that weight still.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Solid win for McGregor. The guy knows how to throw. Really not sure what Alvarez was thinking and he admitted afterwards to being "stupid" and not following the game plan.

As for what's next - he needs to defend one of those belts. It's nice and all that he has them both, but it won't mean shit if he doesn't defend. The sport may be shifting in a different direction with the focus seemingly on "money fights" for which Connor is king at the moment, but it's still the fight game and legacy's are defined by title defenses.

The whole ownership thing is interesting posturing, but will likely boil down to a whole lot of nothing.
Thanks given by: