Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morocco 'bans the sale and production of the burka'
(2017-01-11, 09:54 PM)WTTM Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 09:31 PM)miltonred Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 05:08 PM)WTTM Wrote: Only Muhammad's wives wore them, my understanding is that there is no requirement in the religion for women to wear them.

Got that from a book "No God, but God" by Reza Aslan, he's a religious scholar and a Muslim, so I'm taking his word for it

I read that book. Its propaganda. Aslan is a charlatan, and apologist for Islamic fundamentalism. 
He uses half truths and assumptions based in his own perspective. A bit like Ryu who tries to promote his view of Islam as being the only true version, and only possible interpretation - hence allowing him to disassociate anyone as not really being a believer but motivated by some other reason.

But is it true about Muhammad's wives, I was going by his word because I'm not going to read the Official book myself, and figure he would've been called out for it if he was not being honest

It's likely true that they did, but certainly not true that they were the only ones, either before or after.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-12, 03:02 AM)Ryu65 Wrote: The Quran isn't black-and-white MisterZ, if it was, it wouldn't survive the centuries and still be relevant. The Prophet Muhammad revealed the Quran through his connection with Gabriel, only a Prophet or a true descendant of the Prophet can decipher the meanings of the Quran. That's why it's such a powerful book and millions of people are devoted to it's teachings. With that said, the hijab comes from the teachings of the Prophet himself, it's not a matter of reading the Quran and thinking you know what "God" wants. There are hundreds of other books that supplement the information in the Quran, which is why we, as uneducated people, need to get more information before claiming to know what is and isn't in the Quran.

This statement completely contradicts the certainty you proclaimed to have in you last post about "the true essence" of Islam. 
Cognitive dissonance.
Thanks given by:
Only to someone who doesn't have a clue Icon_rolleyes

Now go ahead and find a link to something you read on "religionofpeace.com lol
Thanks given by:
You clearly state that only a prophet can interpret the Quran, right after saying your understanding of Islam is perfect, and true.
Both things cannot be true.

You can laugh out loud as much as you want but your position is ridiculous which is why you are ridiculed.
Thanks given by: MisterZ
Isn't it remarkable how all-powerful gods are so utterly and completely inept at clear communication.

My 18 month-old toddler can make her wishes known with better unambiguous clarity than any religious text ever written.
Thanks given by: MisterZ
It needed to be unclear because Mohamad wouldn't have understood what to write down if God said don't send dick pics

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
[Image: serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Ft0.gstatic.c...791d19b6ea]

'The potential of this thread'
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-12, 08:16 AM)Hieremias Wrote: Isn't it remarkable how all-powerful gods are so utterly and completely inept at clear communication.

My 18 month-old toddler can make her wishes known with better unambiguous clarity than any religious text ever written.

Hmmm...almost makes you think that it's all a bunch of made up nonsense.   Wink
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-12, 03:02 AM)Ryu65 Wrote: The Quran isn't black-and-white

This is the exact reason why I could not follow Islam or any religion for that matter.

For the basis of a way of life, there certainly are many grey areas subject to interpretation. 

Anyway, on the subject, if the covering of the head was so important to Allah, I would think it would / should have been emphasized in any of the 6,000 plus verses in the Quran.
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-12, 12:06 AM)Ryu65 Wrote: I think MisterZ meant to say "covering face" is not mandatory, not hair, as wearing the hijab is mandatory in Islam. It's very simple when you understand the difference between a hijab, a burka and a niqab. Two of the three are cultural, one is religious, that being the hijab. So there's no surprise here that Morocco is banning the burqa as it would not be interfering with Islamic laws.

(2017-01-11, 05:08 PM)WTTM Wrote: Only Muhammad's wives wore them, my understanding is that there is no requirement in the religion for women to wear them.

Got that from a book "No God, but God" by Reza Aslan, he's a religious scholar and a Muslim, so I'm taking his word for it

I read that book. Its propaganda. Aslan is a charlatan, and apologist for Islamic fundamentalism. 
He uses half truths and assumptions based in his own perspective. A bit like Ryu who tries to promote his view of Islam as being the only true version, and only possible interpretation - hence allowing him to disassociate anyone as not really being a believer but motivated by some other reason.

You wanna know why Milton? Because the true essence of Islam is one way, in the true Islam there is no multiple belief system, there should only be one. I'm adamant about "my view" as you say, because those muslims who don't share my version of Islam always seem to be the one's doing the killing and terrorism, and forcing women to wear Niqabs. That's not my version of Islam, and in my mind, there is either Islam or you're not a goddamn muslim. I don't care if you pray, fast, read the Quran, the moment you think hurting innocent people in the name of God is part of being a muslim then you stop being a muslim. Period.

[...]

would that be Shia, Sunni, Druze, Wahabi, Sufi, Twelver? Which one is the "one way"?
Guess what? I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-12, 11:24 AM)venison_casserole Wrote:
(2017-01-12, 12:06 AM)Ryu65 Wrote: I think MisterZ meant to say "covering face" is not mandatory, not hair, as wearing the hijab is mandatory in Islam. It's very simple when you understand the difference between a hijab, a burka and a niqab. Two of the three are cultural, one is religious, that being the hijab. So there's no surprise here that Morocco is banning the burqa as it would not be interfering with Islamic laws.

You wanna know why Milton? Because the true essence of Islam is one way, in the true Islam there is no multiple belief system, there should only be one. I'm adamant about "my view" as you say, because those muslims who don't share my version of Islam always seem to be the one's doing the killing and terrorism, and forcing women to wear Niqabs. That's not my version of Islam, and in my mind, there is either Islam or you're not a goddamn muslim. I don't care if you pray, fast, read the Quran, the moment you think hurting innocent people in the name of God is part of being a muslim then you stop being a muslim. Period.

[...]

would that be Shia, Sunni, Druze, Wahabi, Sufi, Twelver? Which one is the "one way"?

They'll all tell you they are the one. One will even murder the other to bestow it.
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by: