Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Movie Reviews
I love me some Cage-xploitation cinema.
“Okay, I put just a little meth in there to get them addicted and keep customers coming back. ..so let me make something else clear: I pissed in every bottle.”
Thanks given by:
Watched Passengers two nights ago. Wasn't as bad as I was expecting. There was some ridiculous technology failures that made no sense, but I could look past it for the bigger picture. I'd recommend but keep expectations low.
Thanks given by:
(2017-03-25, 03:37 PM)Bully Wrote: I really enjoyed Hell or High Water. Thanks to this thread.

Just finished watching this. I enjoyed it but it seemed lacking in some way, can't put my finger on it but not as good as I was expecting.
"I've been obnoxious.....I've been unconscious.......I've been all kinds of things that are hard to spell."

Stephen Bruton
Thanks given by:
Dave Chappelle special on Netflix is hilarious lol
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 01:25 PM)Wilson Green Wrote:
(2017-03-25, 03:37 PM)Bully Wrote: I really enjoyed Hell or High Water. Thanks to this thread.

Just finished watching this. I enjoyed it but it seemed lacking in some way, can't put my finger on it but not as good as I was expecting.

Also just finished watching. It got better as it went. I thought it was an excellent movie. Reminded me of no country for old men a little bit.
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 12:51 PM)RyeRocks Wrote: Watched Passengers two nights ago.  Wasn't as bad as I was expecting.  There was some ridiculous technology failures that made no sense, but I could look past it for the bigger picture.  I'd recommend but keep expectations low.

I enjoyed it.  Seemed more a drama in a sci-fi setting, as opposed to a straight up sci-fi movie.

The moral issue's made some interesting "what would you do" questions
Thanks given by:
(Today, 12:18 AM)bicboi Wrote: Dave Chappelle special on Netflix is hilarious lol

The second one in Texas is even better.
“Okay, I put just a little meth in there to get them addicted and keep customers coming back. ..so let me make something else clear: I pissed in every bottle.”
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 12:51 PM)RyeRocks Wrote: Watched Passengers two nights ago.  Wasn't as bad as I was expecting.  There was some ridiculous technology failures that made no sense, but I could look past it for the bigger picture.  I'd recommend but keep expectations low.

I was distracted by the thought that this is the wrong story for the premise.  It should have been something allegorical about politics or the human condition or both and depraved like Pasolini's 120 Days of Sodom.   Passengers just felt like a wuss out square peg being jammed into a round hole.
Thanks given by:
(2017-03-25, 03:56 PM)shadylane Wrote:
(2017-03-24, 05:01 PM)Andrew Wrote:
(2017-03-24, 11:28 AM)Cornholio Wrote: War Dogs
Very good. During the movie, the main characters spoke of a their story's similarity to Scar Face, but I think it was closer to a gun runner's version of Blow. Crime doesn't pay. Or does it?
Good performance by Jonah Hill as the turd.
8/10

Meh. It struck me as a "bro-ified" version of the 2005 movie Lord of War. Which is probably the last really good movie Nic Cage made.

Cage has gone so far over the edge that I don't even qualify his movies anymore as good or bad. They're something unto themselves. Like Wicker Man is totally worth seeing for the sheer absurdity of it. Even Stolen and The Trust were enjoyable to me because of his ridiculous presence.

The Wicker Man was such a surreal experience because while watching it me and my brother just started making up ridiculous scenarios we thought were funny and then they actually happened!

Seriously. At one point my brother said "he should put that bear suit on and start punching these bitches" and he ***** did it like 20 min later haha
Thanks given by:
Rewatched Interstellar the other day. Man i love that docking scene. Beautiful intense music, good dialogue, great visuals.
Thanks given by:

I saw it in theatres, noticed it's on Netflix now. Definitely a highly recommended movie.
Thanks given by: