Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Movie Reviews
when i saw the MAd Max trailer I was like whatever, doesn't interest me that much.

I watched it last week for the first time. A lot better then i thought it would be.

So even though a trailer might not interest me that much I will still probably watch the movie at one time or another.

So till I see the movie itself I am not going to say a movie is bad or good just based on the trailers
Thanks given by:
(2017-04-19, 10:37 PM)cflisthebest Wrote:
(2017-04-19, 10:36 PM)Chris D Wrote:
(2017-04-19, 10:30 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: Why do you think they create movie previews in the theater?   So that people can decide if they want to see it?

The goal of a trailer/preview...is to make you want to see it.  Not decide whether you want to or not.  It is an advertisement trying to get you interested in the movie...all movies.

It is not a review of the movie.  A 2 min trailer shouldn't be a basis to judge a 2 hour movie

Yes but you don't go see every one that appears!?

No.  But other factors go into my decision.  Like reviews from people who have seem the movie.

I have liked movies that didn't interest me from the trailer, and I have disliked movies I thought would be awesome based on the trailer.

My final decision on going though, like I said, is based on more than a trailer
Thanks given by:
(2017-04-19, 10:49 PM)Bo Dangles Wrote: What do you typically do with your evenings that puts so much pressure and expectation on a movie night?

Like, if you spend 2 hours watching a movie that didn't absolutely WOW you...what great thing did you not do that makes the lost time so upsetting?

Yes my time is valuable.  I want to make the best of my time.

So I won't just watch anything.  Can't get that 90 mins or 2 hrs back
Warning:  Brain May not be Engaged.
Thanks given by:
What are u doing in that 90 minutes or 2 hours that's so ground breaking?
Thanks given by:
(2017-04-19, 11:30 PM)Reggie Wrote: What are u doing in that 90 minutes or 2 hours that's so ground breaking?

Watching a movie and it better make me feel that it was time well spent!
Thanks given by:
(2017-04-19, 11:30 PM)Reggie Wrote: What are u doing in that 90 minutes or 2 hours that's so ground breaking?

Trying out sweat pants to see which ones would suit him better when he watches his next movie?
Or... thinking up and  writing another thread on RATW?
The truth may be puzzling.  It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true. Sagan
Thanks given by:
(2017-04-20, 08:16 AM)Odin Wrote:

Trying out sweat pants to see which ones would suit him better when he watches his next movie?
Or... thinking up and  writing another thread on RATW?

do you get your jollies off by writing this crap?
Thanks given by:
I watched Suicide Squad & had no idea what that movie was about or what was going on
Thanks given by:
A bit late for this one, but I actually really like the Fast/Furious series.

Is it nonsensical testosterone? Absolutely.

But sometimes I just like dumb movies with fast cars.

One of the highest opening week-ends of all time
and universal's highest grossing franchise.

I can't be alone in liking stupid action movies Happy
Tears streaming down my cheeks, just take me to Lansdowne Street...
Thanks given by:
Stupid action movies are ok, but they should never bring in record numbers. They aren't that good. My favorite head shaker of all time is when in one of them they are trying to pull a huge vault and to enable them to get it to move they spin their tires even more. Tell me how well that works next time you get stuck, lol. I think in the preview of the new one it looks like one of the guys picks up an actual card door and hits a guy that is driving full speed on a motorcycle with it...So if the car door is so light that he can pick it up, how in the world can it be used to knock a guy off a bike? The momentum and force would rip that guys arms off, unless the door was very heavy. And I haven't seen any of the action (apart from the previews) of them driving on ice, but I can only imagine only an idiot would beleive they could drive like they do on ice.

These movies to me are like all the stupid idiotic stuff you see on the internet that makes you wonder how in the world people can enjoy it or find it so funny, but they still do.
Thanks given by:
Stupid action movies are exactly the type of movie that will bring in record numbers, because it appeals to a larger fan base that just wants to be entertained. People don't always want to see something real...they want to see something fantastical....the magic of movie making. May be difficult to suspend disbelief sometimes, but that is part of the enjoyment.
Thanks given by:
Rushmore

Excellent. It has been years since I got into a movie as I did with this one. It had a Ferris Bueller's Day Off 'feel' to it (if Ferris had occasionally got pounded).
Bill Murray killed with his dead pan.

9/10
Thanks given by:
(2017-04-19, 10:45 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: Yeah but I'm not going to watch a movie unless it wows me. And it really has to wow me.

It's my time and money I'm spending

Sausage Party?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Thanks given by:
If you are the kind of person to watch a movie like Fast & Furious (insert number here)...and find yourself annoyed, thinking "that would never happen in real life"...just shut it off...it wasn't made with you in mind.
Thanks given by:
When you watch MythBusters you realize that most shit done in action movies could never happen in real life.
Thanks given by:
When you watch action movies, you realize that most shit done in action movies could never happen in real life.
Thanks given by: Bong13
(2017-04-21, 10:32 AM)Chris D Wrote: Stupid action movies are exactly the type of movie that will bring in record numbers, because it appeals to a larger fan base that just wants to be entertained. People don't always want to see something real...they want to see something fantastical....the magic of movie making. May be difficult to suspend disbelief sometimes, but that is part of the enjoyment.

Exactly. For many people (the vast majority I would argue) movies are a way for them to escape or shut their brains off. There's nothing I like better than spending a weekend afternoon after a night of one too many beers lounging on the couch soaking up a horrible Schwarzenegger flick and laughing at its absurdity. I love a good pretentious art house piece too but there's a time and a place.
Thanks given by:
(2017-04-21, 12:06 PM)Bong13 Wrote:
(2017-04-19, 10:45 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: Yeah but I'm not going to watch a movie unless it wows me.  And it really has to wow me.

It's my time and money I'm spending

Sausage Party?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Because it was free.  I didn't have to pay and that whole idea made me curious
Thanks given by:
saw a commercial for the movie Snatched. Doubt I will watch it but Goldie Hawn is in it, Damn its been a long time since I heard that name
Thanks given by:
I watched The Founder. Really enjoyed it. Very interesting to learn the McDonald's story
Thanks given by: