Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA is talking expansion to Seattle.. plus who?
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/with-n...ve-cities/
Thanks given by:
Please no Vancouver expansion. My dad had Grizzlies season tickets and I liked going to the games but the NBA screwed the city. David Stern is on record as saying that's the worst mistake of his tenure as commissioner.

Ex-NBA players talk about how they loved coming to Vancouver. The crazy thing is that some ex-Grizzlies players who didn't like playing in the city now come here regularly and say that they are "much" more mature and appreciate the city.

Sorry, no thanks. I get my NBA fix in other cities about twice a year.

A bigger crime is what they did to Seattle and that franchise was back-doored like we were in Vancouver.
Thanks given by:
Hawaii
Warning:  Brain May not be Engaged.
Thanks given by:
Steve Francis pulled a Lindros and didn't want to play for the Grizzlies. The fans hated him whenever he faced off against the Grizzlies. NBA players in general don't want to play in Canada.
Thanks given by:
Seattle more than any other city deserves to get another NBA team.

They should get 1st dibs on expansion if the league gives it the green light.
Thanks given by:
Vancouver got hosed from the start. Shittiest ownership in the league doomed the team.

Also the guy who wrote that column needs to learn math. Rogers Arena opened in 1995. That is not 31 years ago.
Thanks given by:
Vancouver also won the draft lottery which would have given the team Tim Duncan but the expansion agreement stated that the Grizzlies and Raptors couldn't draft first overall for a number of years. The NBA also restricted how much both teams could spend on free agents.

The league did everything to handcuff the two teams. Also, BC was in a recession at the time and the Canadian dollar was at 65 cents. It was a perfect storm.

I have no desire to support an NBA team in Vancouver. This as a former Grizzlies season tickets holder in the 2nd row on the floor between the visitors bench and centre court.

I do hope that Seattle gets a team.
Thanks given by:
Seattle is the clear choice, I wonder if Kansas City could also support an NBA team
Thanks given by: