Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Playoffs Wildcard Weekend
(2017-01-08, 07:53 PM)ckendall Wrote: Congrats to the Packers & Good Luck vs Dallas next Sunday.... Wink

Will need it!!!
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-08, 06:15 PM)Doppelganger Wrote: ^^^^lol

Sorry Doppel, no Patriots-Giants Super Bowl rematch this time, oh well.... Wink
Thanks given by:
No, but Pack and Pats, my dream, still alive! Lol.

Sorry ck, the pack destroyed your Giants!
After All, Life Goes On!!
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-08, 07:59 PM)CrazyCanuckMan Wrote:
(2017-01-08, 07:53 PM)ckendall Wrote: Congrats to the Packers & Good Luck vs Dallas next Sunday....  Wink

Will need it!!!

Dalas already 4 points favorites! But I see the Pac winning!
After All, Life Goes On!!
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-08, 09:33 PM)CaperLeaf Wrote:
(2017-01-08, 07:59 PM)CrazyCanuckMan Wrote:
(2017-01-08, 07:53 PM)ckendall Wrote: Congrats to the Packers & Good Luck vs Dallas next Sunday....  Wink

Will need it!!!

Dalas already 4 points favorites! But I see the Pac winning!

Put it this way, Caper...I've see this happen before: Top-seeded Cowboys facing a red-hot team & their battle-tested QB playing some the best stretch of football of his career. Dallas should be favored based on what they accomplished this year, they've had a nice week off & plenty of time to get prepared for their divisional opponent. But something about Aaron Rodgers & the Packers & they way they've been rolling, even with some of their injuries, this one won't be a cakewalk. A battle-tested QB in Rodgers vs the up-&-coming rookie QB sensation in Dak Prescott. The playoffs take on a whole new level now from the regular season. It'll be a very interesting matchup, arguably the most anticipated of the 4 Divisional Round games. Should be a good one!

At least from my perspective....I can just sit back, relax, & watch as a neutral observer now. So there's that I guess Happy Wink
Thanks given by:
Aaron Rodgers: 7 straight wins, 19 TD passes, 0 INTs since 'proclaiming' that the Packers would 'Run The Table'.

Scary thought.
Thanks given by:
Caper, home field advantage is worth 3 points in the NFL. If the Dallas/ Green Bay game was played at a neutral site then the Cowboys would be favored by 1.

Dallas -4 vs. Green Bay O/U 51.5

N.E. -16 vs. Houston O/U 45

Atlanta -4.5 vs. Seattle O/U 50

K.C. -1.5 vs Pittsburgh O/U 46
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-08, 09:42 PM)ckendall Wrote: Aaron Rodgers: 7 straight wins, 19 TD passes, 0 INTs since 'proclaiming' that the Packers would 'Run The Table'.

Scary thought.

The Giants sacked Rodgers 5 times (coverage sacks pretty much) but how many times did he have 5 to 9 seconds to throw the ball? You can't give a guy like Rodgers that kind of time. Green Bay O-line did a great job. Rodgers was deadly with his throws with so much time to throw.
Thanks given by: ckendall
Exactly. You give a guy like Rodgers all that room to deke & dive & move all around like that, without even as much as getting guys to pressure him inside the pocket, he's going to find a way to get rid of the football one way or another. And he's looking downfield at his open receivers while he's moving around. The guy just gets it. Jason Garrett ought to put extra pressure on his defensive unit to hone in on Rodgers next Sunday if they hope to advance & host the NFC Title game in 2 weeks.
Thanks given by:
Imagine that though....sacked 5 times....still throws for 4 TDs & 300+ yards. Remarkable.
Thanks given by:
Dallas has been really good at disguising their blitzes this season. Rodgers ranks #1 throwing against the blitz this season. It should be a fantastic game.
Thanks given by:
That hail mary was a thing of beauty.

And I'm not considering the Pack an underdog next week no matter what anyone says...
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-08, 10:07 PM)ckendall Wrote: Imagine that though....sacked 5 times....still throws for 4 TDs & 300+ yards. Remarkable.

He had a fantastic game. 

Your Giants are on the upswing. That NFC East is a tough division now. Eagles, Redskins and Cowboys (as we saw this season) are also heading in a positive direction.
Thanks given by:
the Cowboys are contenders now that they aren't putting their hopes on Romo.

They were never going to get over the top with mr clutch.
Thanks given by:
That hail Mary was pass interference.

If you click on this link and stop it at the 45 second mark you can Cobbs arms fully extended, the contact was at the chest level and the Giants DB's head jerks backwards slightly. Cobb created the room for the catch. Calls do get missed

I had no dog in this fight so Packer fans don't toss any tomatoes my way Wink

You may have to click on the link to watch the video. NFL can be finicky about their intellectual property.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiaBRtImvYU

Thanks given by:
There are usually around twelve players in contention for the ball on ANY hail mary attempt.

I've been watching football for many a moon and have NEVER seen pass interference called on any of them.

It's a free for all, and on the off chance that one happens to be successful, it's completely on the defense because they'll get the same leeway as everyone else in those 20 square feet.

In my humble opinion it's kinda silly to analyse the tape after the fact and in hindsight looking for a penalty, because you will find one every single time if you look hard enough.

This was not the case when the Seahawks stole that game a while back though...Happy
Thanks given by:
Lime I have seen P/I called on Hail Marys.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/...terference

The penalty nullified Graham's 47-yard touchdown reception on a Hail Mary play at the end of regulation, a rare but accurate call that forced the game into overtime and an eventual loss for the New Orleans Saints.

Replays show Saints tight end Jimmy Graham (80) pushing the 49ers' Perrish Cox, on ground, before catching this pass at the end of regulation. Graham was called for pass interference on the play. AP Photo/Jonathan Bachman
Replays show Graham putting both hands on the right shoulder of San Francisco 49ers cornerback Perrish Cox and pushing him at about the 5-yard line. Cox fell to the ground, opening space for Graham to make a leaping catch at about the goal line. Side judge Jimmy DeBell and back judge Jim Quirk immediately and simultaneously threw flags for OPI.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I've seen it too, but yes its rare
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-08, 10:19 PM)topgun Wrote:
(2017-01-08, 10:07 PM)ckendall Wrote: Imagine that though....sacked 5 times....still throws for 4 TDs & 300+ yards. Remarkable.

He had a fantastic game. 

Your Giants are on the upswing. That NFC East is a tough division now. Eagles, Redskins and Cowboys (as we saw this season) are also heading in a positive direction.

Totally for sure. This time last year they were a 6-10 team, Coach Coughlin pretty much had had enough on the sidelines( he's still a sure-fire candidate for Canton when he gets the call sometime down the road ), the defense was in shambles, & the offense, though showing glimpses of how talented they were or could be, was often hit-or-miss. I really wasn't expecting much out of the G-Men this season. They went 11-5, made the playoffs, a vastly improved defensive unit, one of the best throughout the league, & the offense( at least for most of the year )showed how good it was. Coach McAdoo did a hell of a job, & Spags returning to help the defensive unit was a huge boost. Now there's reason once again to be excited for their future. Alas, their playoff loss in Green Bay was a tough pill to swallow. For a lot of the younger stars on the Giants, they're going to have to bite the bullet for a while, but hopefully in the long run, their experience this season is something that will help them a lot going forward. Happy

The NFC East sure is looking much better now than it was a year ago; I said it earlier, the Cowboys are going to be a heck of division rival to compete with with the youngster Dak Prescott at QB & Ezekiel Elliott carrying the football. Health will be the key, obviously.
Thanks given by: