Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NHL 17 Are you getting It?
Had planned to buy NHL 17 today, but have family dinner with my parents and a visiting relative from out west, so wouldn't even be able to play tonight anyway.

I am really excited to see the new more in-depth GM/President mode where you're able to control ticket prices, build new stadiums etc.

Don't really play much online, but if any fellow RATWers have PS4 and want to beat up on ol' Bo…let me know.

I don't know if it's that the games are becoming more challenging, or the introduction of children dominating 98% of what used to be my gaming time…but I just can't seem to beat the CPU 43-0 anymore.
Thanks given by:
Unwrapping it right now...

I wont have a ton of time to explore it before tonight, but I'm going to load her up and have a peek.
Thanks given by:
Even on CD, it seems to require a 4GB update file.

Just a heads up for those of you planning to download...

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Its better to download it.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Apparently my loving wife is picking my copy up for me this afternoon!

Almost feel a little bad about the amount of time I will spend ignoring her while playing the game she is about deliver to me.

Almost.
Thanks given by:
Arena Bathrooms Happiness?

You may want to reconsider that already large swath of time Bo....

Bejesus...

WAY more initial settings....

Thanks given by:
Harder and faster. Much, much faster.

I have to turn down speed, acceleration and game speed to adjust. I used to crank those right away...

I'm getting killed right now. Have to drop to pro for a bit.

So far so good.

Thanks given by:
On pro that used to be the setting I use but it's a lot harder lol

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
I skipped 16 because I had purchased 15 for $40 a few months later. And when I did some research, I found that 16 really wasn't all that much different from 15 other than the added features that were missing. I told myself I'd buy 17, because it's been over a year since they made the switch to next gen consoles, so my expectations are way higher. Graphics better be top notch and gameplay better be much more realistic. I probably won't buy it until Christmas time because I'm just way too busy with work to even play, so i'm lookign forward to hearing some of your thoughts on the game and what's improved.
Thanks given by:
Graphics will not change until the super versions of the console's come out. The game looks like 16'...with new bells and whistles. That's how this goes....it's how it's always been.

Game play is different...

Toronto fans: Use the online Sept.9th online roster and Matthews (a mere 77) will be on the roster.

But for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get Zaitsev from the WC Russian team to the Leafs.

He isn't on the international team, just the WC team which isn't an option when moving players.

Likely have to wait for season to start and another roster update. I dont know why they do this....he's been signed with Toronto for months and months.

Thanks given by:
Had the same problem with Zaitsev, Blue.

I would imagine that the next roster update will include him....gotta be a pretty easy thing for EA to do, probably just an oversight.

The online functions aren't available until the 4GB update completes, so I just put it in last night and it wasn't done before I was ready to go to bed. Played a few games to get the feel of it...a LOT more detail in the game sliders this year, as well as just an almost annoying level of details and control over the Franchise thing. Why do I give a shit about the price of large and small kale smoothies?

I like the idea of being able to consider relocation, designing a new arena, etc...but needing to be in charge of bathroom maintenance levels feels beneath me. Are they not aware that I won 16 straight Stanley Cups on the previous version? I demand respect! Let me hire an assistant and pay him out of my staff budget for god's sake...I am trying to build a dynasty, not trying to worry about toilet cleanliness.

I usually played on SuperStar...but when I played the intro game on that level, I got absolutely waxed by Sid and the boys.

It'll take some getting used to...there's a lot more to this game than previous versions...some good, some bad, but all in all, I'm pretty happy with it.

My wife picked up the deluxe edition, and couldn't explain to me what the difference was, just that it ended up being like $110 after tax, but on the plus side I get "unlimited...something" (her words)...so that's gotta be good.
Thanks given by:
Is it worth the buy?

I am predominately a franchise mode player. Not big on online play.
Thanks given by:
100%

It's a pretty polished, much deeper product than ever before.

Thanks given by:
What Blue said.

Until the next gen systems blow the gameplay out of the water, IMO this will be hard to top. Franchise mode is the previous Be A GM on steroids. Way more in depth.
Thanks given by:
Thanks! Maybe I'll start downloading it before I head out to ball hockey.
Thanks given by:
(2016-09-16, 08:35 AM)Bo Dangles Wrote: Had the same problem with Zaitsev, Blue.

I would imagine that the next roster update will include him....gotta be a pretty easy thing for EA to do, probably just an oversight.

The online functions aren't available until the 4GB update completes, so I just put it in last night and it wasn't done before I was ready to go to bed. Played a few games to get the feel of it...a LOT more detail in the game sliders this year, as well as just an almost annoying level of details and control over the Franchise thing. Why do I give a shit about the price of large and small kale smoothies?

I like the idea of being able to consider relocation, designing a new arena, etc...but needing to be in charge of bathroom maintenance levels feels beneath me. Are they not aware that I won 16 straight Stanley Cups on the previous version? I demand respect! Let me hire an assistant and pay him out of my staff budget for god's sake...I am trying to build a dynasty, not trying to worry about toilet cleanliness.

I usually played on SuperStar...but when I played the intro game on that level, I got absolutely waxed by Sid and the boys.

It'll take some getting used to...there's a lot more to this game than previous versions...some good, some bad, but all in all, I'm pretty happy with it.

My wife picked up the deluxe edition, and couldn't explain to me what the difference was, just that it ended up being like $110 after tax, but on the plus side I get "unlimited...something" (her words)...so that's gotta be good.
You get 50$ worth of online credit with the deluxe.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
At this point, and it's like this every year, I would get killed by a 7 year old online....and I'm REALLY experienced with this franchise.

Takes me awhile to get used to the new title...and this year is the hardest ( thankfully)

Thanks given by:
Blue you could play people here

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
I remember in the day when I cared to play..

God I don't miss that.
Warning:  Brain May not be Engaged.
Thanks given by:
Really you wasted your time coming here just to say you don't care? Its like you creating a CFL thread and me coming in there just to say I don't care about the CFL I like the NFL.what's the point?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: Ryu65