Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
New Backup goalie claimed off waivers
As per TSN
http://www.tsn.ca/ice-chips-leafs-claim-...s-1.647293
We just try to ignore the elephant somehow
Thanks given by:
Figured they'd claim McElhinney. He's a solid bandaid option.
We live to survive our paradoxes
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 01:03 PM)lewis94 Wrote: Figured they'd claim McElhinney. He's a solid bandaid option.

Do we know why Columbus waived him?  He has very solid numbers for a backup.

Edit: I guess he had a bad start on the weekend and the Rangers rallied from a 4-1 deficit. We will see what happens.
Thanks given by:
Good...Enroth, Bibeau and Ramo are all pretty crap.

Babcock has zero trust in any of them. Glad we are trying something else.

Andersen needs a break.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 01:16 PM)chugger13 Wrote:
(2017-01-10, 01:03 PM)lewis94 Wrote: Figured they'd claim McElhinney. He's a solid bandaid option.

Edit: I guess he had a bad start on the weekend and the Rangers rallied from a 4-1 deficit. We will see what happens.

That probably played a part. Apparently he was awful.

But the Jackets also have a couple highly touted prospects in Forsberg and Korpisalo who seem just as capable as McE.
Thanks given by:
You know, every once in a while you catch lightening in a bottle. Sometimes it's just a matter of surroundings and a feeling that your team mates believe.
- What if this is as good as it gets ? -
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 01:34 PM)shadylane Wrote:
(2017-01-10, 01:16 PM)chugger13 Wrote:

Edit:  I guess he had a bad start on the weekend and the Rangers rallied from a 4-1 deficit.  We will see what happens.

That probably played a part. Apparently he was awful.

But the Jackets also have a couple highly touted prospects in Forsberg and Korpisalo who seem just as capable as McE.
I watched that game and the Jackets players let that one slip away. I thought Torts was going to explode. The Oilers form were talking about Curtis as replacement for Gus!
After All, Life Goes On!!
Thanks given by:
Hey.  The last time the Leafs had a 'Curtis' between the pipes the guy was stellar! Silly

I know, I know.......not the same Curtis. A guy can dream can't he ?  Wink
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 02:01 PM)durhamleafer Wrote: Hey.  The last time the Leafs had a 'Curtis' between the pipes the guy was stellar! Silly

The Curtis you reference looked good in the old timers game against the Wings a few days ago, grin!
After All, Life Goes On!!
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 02:38 PM)CaperLeaf Wrote:
(2017-01-10, 02:01 PM)durhamleafer Wrote: Hey.  The last time the Leafs had a 'Curtis' between the pipes the guy was stellar! Silly

The Curtis you reference looked good in the old timers game against the Wings a few days ago, grin!

I wanted to go to that as it would have been fun to see some of these guys. Family plans got in the way though.
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf

And if he doesn't work out we should go after Eddie the Eagle Lack Wink
Thanks given by:
400 backup goalies in the system. 0 with long-term NHL promise.

Is this 2005?
Thanks given by:
It's nice that the Leafs biggest player personnel issue may very well be our lack of a steady backup.
"Larry Bird isn't white, he's clear" - Bill Murray
Thanks given by:
I'm surprised Enroth didn't work out. I thought he was real good with Buffalo.
Thanks given by:

Well, maybe not the last time Curtis was a Leaf... but the time before that, he was definitely stellar!
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 04:02 PM)bchippie Wrote: I'm surprised Enroth didn't work out. I thought he was real good with Buffalo.
I'm getting the feeling that Babcock has very little faith in small goalies.

He thinks the nets should be bigger purely because the goalies are huge now.

Unless a guy is a total stand out...And Enroth has not been, his faith is little to none.

Could have been the case with Bernier too.

Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 04:21 PM)BlueMountain Wrote:
(2017-01-10, 04:02 PM)bchippie Wrote: I'm surprised Enroth didn't work out. I thought he was real good with Buffalo.
I'm getting the feeling that Babcock has very little faith in small goalies.

He thinks the nets should be bigger purely because the goalies are huge now.

Unless a guy is a total stand out...And Enroth has not been, his faith is little to none.

Could have been the case with Bernier too.

I think it's goalies in general that he has a short fuse with. I read last season that while in Detroit he told Osgoode to leave the team.
I don't think he gave Enroth a fair shake, he let Andersen work through his struggles, but gave very little rope for Enroth, likely he had a say in acquiring Andersen, so he had to stand by his guy
We just try to ignore the elephant somehow
Thanks given by: