Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New feature: resizing linked images
Lightbulb 
We've had the align left & align right tag here for a while on linked images:

Code:
[imgleft]URL[/imgleft]
[imgright]URL[/imgright]

Now the ability to resize the images has been added.

Here is the new code to use:

Code:
[imgright=200x100]URL[/imgright]

The above tag will set the width to 200 and height to 100 pixels. The proper order of width then height is necessary.

* Also be aware that by choosing new dimensions you may break the aspect ratio of the image
Thanks given by:
Excellent!!
2 different size links adjusted to fit!

Another great tool from the talented fingers of Shadylane Cool

Thanks!!
Dance like no one's watching. Email like it will be read aloud in court. 
Thanks given by:
Not sure if anyone else has this problem, but resizing doesn't work properly for me unless I re-edit the pixel dimensions in 'preview post' using view source.
Otherwise I just get a square image based on the resized width pixel dimension if no re-edit is done.
Thanks given by:
When posting one of my own pics I just open with Paint and resize based on pixels to something i think it will take. Don't know what the max is though.

Thanks given by:
[Image: 033BdH9.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Seems fine for me in the quick reply area. I can edit both width and height without an issue. Maybe I'm not understanding your issue though.
Thanks given by:
Test using New Reply:

Unscaled:

Scaled using bbcode (img=356*540)URL(/img)

The above bbcode it is automatically altered to (img=356x356)URL(/img)
when posted. This is the resulting square image I was referring to (horizontal * horizontal pixel number)

I can get by this by correcting the bbcode  back to (img=356*540)URL(/img) in Preview in View Source mode.
and the image is altered to the way I intended (356*540).

It's not a problem, now that realize that I can get around it by editing in preview. Others may have had the same problem?

*note the [] brackets were substituted with () brackets to for messaging purposes.
Thanks given by:
Very strange, I'm not having that problem. I guess it's as if it's not recognizing the height after the 'x' in your code and just defaults to the width?
Thanks given by:
Dammit. That must be it.

I must have used * instead of 'x' in the BBcode at some point.

[Image: offended_zoidberg.gif]
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf
Ahhhh, ok. Yeah that's it. I thought you were using * just in the examples. Although it's interesting to learn that a * doesn't break the code entirely.
Thanks given by:
On the Mac I use a re-sizer link that Rye told me about when we first started this version. But would get a bit frustrated on the IPad. Thanks for this will give it a go when I get the chance. Happy
Tomorrow Is Just Another Day!!
Thanks given by: