Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nico Rosberg retires....
I know there are a few fellow F1 fans here. The news of Nico hanging them is pretty shocking news. He is 31 and is on what is pretty easily the most dominant team in F1 right now (maybe ever). He presumably could have come back neck year and had a good shot at repeating as champ. Maybe even been the favourite.

There are probably half a dozen drivers on other teams looking very closely at their contracts right now for a way out, lol.

I so want Alonso to get that seat. Pretty please?
Thanks given by:
Lol I just saw this on ESPN, pretty shocking.

I've got to think he's going to race somewhere still, just with less pressure for awhile.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, that wasn't something I wasn't expecting to read when I turned my phone on this morning. 

It will be interesting to see what direction Mercedes goes from here.  I could see them putting Pascal Wehrlein in the seat next year, than try to sign Vettel when his Ferrari deal is up.
Thanks given by:
Another interesting option is Button. He just retired but he really only did so because McLaren gave his seat to Vandoorne. Button and Hamilton on the most powerful team in the sport. The british would lose their minds, lol.
Thanks given by:
Speaking of recently retired drivers, some in NASCAR were joking that Jeff Gordon could sub for MB next year :P
Thanks given by:
Some German site reported that Mercedes contacted Renault about Hulkenberg, but Renault won't release him.  I don't know if the story is true or not since no other sites have picked it up.  Regardless of whether it's true or not, I bet Hulkenberg is kicking himself now that he signed with Renault.
Thanks given by:
Bottas to Mercedes and Massa back at Williams.

http://www.tsn.ca/bottas-replaces-rosber...s-1.651180
Thanks given by: