Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Obama farewell speech
(2017-01-11, 01:27 PM)Oilking Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 01:22 PM)Highstyx Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 10:30 AM)Unreal Wrote: I think Obama will go down as one of the greats of all time - it won't happen for decades, but eventually he'll be one of the best regarded Presidents in history.  Even now, he's iconic.

Four years of Trump may speed up that process. Silly

Worst president ever. B.O.

This petty stuff is really getting boring, old, and is grossly inaccurate.

How is it "grossly inaccurate".

I believe its an quantifiable opinion - there is no right and wrong answer to who is a good and who is a bad president and who is the worst or not the worst.

How is his opinion "petty" and dozens and dozens of pee jokes, not petty?

Come on guys!

Personally, I don't know nearly enough about US politics to have an opinion on the best and worst presidents ever but, if I did, it would be an opinion not something that can be called "inaccurate".

P.S. Does this post mean I'm a Trump Supporter?
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 03:02 PM)Pouzar Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 10:30 AM)Unreal Wrote: I think Obama will go down as one of the greats of all time - it won't happen for decades, but eventually he'll be one of the best regarded Presidents in history.  Even now, he's iconic.

I believe its an quantifiable opinion - there is no right and wrong answer to who is a good and who is a bad president and who is the worst or not the worst.

Come on guys!

Personally, I don't know nearly enough about US politics to have an opinion on the best and worst presidents ever but, if I did, it would be an opinion not something that can be called "inaccurate".

First, re: everything other than grossly inaccurate, check out the Trump thread where HS said the EXACT SAME THING. 

Re: grossly inaccurate.  Well, that is my opinion. Basically you are suggesting that he can throw out opinions and I can't. What an unsafe forum.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 03:02 PM)Pouzar Wrote: I believe its an quantifiable opinion - there is no right and wrong answer to who is a good and who is a bad president and who is the worst or not the worst.

True. But there is a right and wrong answer as to whether or not Obama is the Anti-Christ.
Thanks given by: poppabyrd
Quote:P.S. Does this post mean I'm a Trump Supporter?

Possibly...through abstinence.  Plain
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 03:50 PM)divit Wrote:
Quote:P.S. Does this post mean I'm a Trump Supporter?

Possibly...through abstinence.  Plain

It's possible for sure.  That's how Jesus was born.   Icon_razz
Thanks given by: divit
(2017-01-11, 03:16 PM)Oilking Wrote:

Come on guys!

First, re: everything other than grossly inaccurate, check out the Trump thread where HS said the EXACT SAME THING. 

Re: grossly inaccurate.  Well, that is my opinion. Basically you are suggesting that he can throw out opinions and I can't. What an unsafe forum.

What are you talking about? That makes zero sense.

He has an opinion that Obama is the "worst president ever" - that is his opinion.

You might have the opinion that Obama is the "best president ever" - that would be your opinion.

Neither of those opinions are "grossly inaccurate" - they are opinions, opinions on unquantifiable matters, completely subjective matters - there is no right and wrong.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 03:20 PM)25YearRebuild Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 03:02 PM)Pouzar Wrote: I believe its an quantifiable opinion - there is no right and wrong answer to who is a good and who is a bad president and who is the worst or not the worst.

True.  But there is a right and wrong answer as to whether or not Obama is the Anti-Christ.

Yes, that I agree with.

That was not in the post from HS that was quoted. The post, as quoted, simply stated something along the lines of Obama being the worst president ever. The response was that is "grossly inaccurate" which, given its completely subjective an opinion, is not true.

I'm not speaking to any sort of reference about the anti-christ as that was not in the post that was quoted and responded to.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 03:59 PM)Pouzar Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 01:22 PM)Highstyx Wrote:  Worst president ever. B.O.

Come on guys!

What are you talking about?  That makes zero sense.

He has an opinion that Obama is the "worst president ever" - that is his opinion.    

You might have the opinion that Obama is the "best president ever" - that would be your opinion.

Neither of those opinions are "grossly inaccurate" - they are opinions, opinions on unquantifiable matters, completely subjective matters - there is no right and wrong.

One statement has at least the possibility of being true, the other..not a chance in Hell.
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure Styx's opinion of Obama is entirely based on how what he did relates to the bible and christianity.

Styx, this isn't meant to be an insult, honestly.

If you look at what Obama's goals/policies/platforms were, and what he accomplished, compared to HS' values, it's not at all surprising that he'd want to wipe the last 8 years off the map if he could.

That has to be taken into account when he refers to him as the worst president in history. Many would disagree with him...but for any fundamental christian, Obama helped a great many people go against the word of God, as fundamentalists interpret it. In their eyes, Obama's an evil, evil man.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 02:01 PM)HockeyHippy Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 01:28 PM)Highstyx Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 01:23 PM)poppabyrd Wrote: Did you take an afternoon nap from 2001-2008?

YES I was awake. Relations with Israel are damaged, and this is man is of the Spirit of Anti-Christ. He mocked the Bible and mocked the Christian 'religion'  WORST president ever. If you lefties love him, so be it. I really don't care. A wicked man is removed from office, hallelulia!

Again, under Obama, the United States dramatically increased it's level of financial support to Israel. And one of Obama's final acts in power was to lock in another 25% increase in "aid" funding to Israel for 10 years, to prevent Trump from cutting it. 

The Obama administration may have been critical of Israel. But they nonetheless kept the welfare money flowing, at greater rates than the Republicans before them.
If your referring to the military assistance deal signed in September 2016, why are you assuming that had anything to do with Trump??
Obama's last act on record wrt Israel is kicking Netanyahu in the ass, with an assist from Kerry.
But there's still time, I guess.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 10:11 AM)Stevie_Y Wrote: He's a great orator. That's about it.

True, but his real legacy will be the first President ever  to score a triple-double on the White House basketball court.
Respect.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 04:41 PM)Cornholio Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 10:11 AM)Stevie_Y Wrote: He's a great orator. That's about it.

True, but his real legacy will be the first President ever  to score a triple-double on the White House basketball court.
Respect.

Laugh That might portray a whole different image if you were talking about Trump.  Laugh
Thanks given by:
Trump scored a triple-dribble once.

ie, 3 hookers pissed him on him at the same time.
Thanks given by:
Great orator???

By what standard?

The guy is full of doublespeak, and can't keep thoughts in line even if he reads of a prompter.

Watched him drone on for 5 minutes about when he is going to repeal Obama care "simultaneously with the naming of the secretary, if not the same day, within a couple days, you will see it close to simultaneous perhaps in the same hour, right around that time, we have plans to simultaneously... etc....

He just rambles on and on with his trains of thought, rarely coherent

He make Dubya look like a skilled Orator
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 05:33 PM)Chris D Wrote: Great orator???

By what standard?

The guy is full of doublespeak, and can't keep thoughts in line even if he reads of a prompter.

Watched him drone on for 5 minutes about when he is going to repeal Obama care "simultaneously with the naming of the secretary, if not the same day, within a couple days, you will see it close to simultaneous perhaps in the same hour, right around that time, we have plans to simultaneously... etc....

They are referring to Obama.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 05:40 PM)Oilking Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 05:33 PM)Chris D Wrote: Great orator???

By what standard?

They are referring to Obama.

Oops...my bad...sorry...didn't catch that
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 03:59 PM)Pouzar Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 01:22 PM)Highstyx Wrote:  Worst president ever. B.O.

Come on guys!

What are you talking about?  That makes zero sense.

Again, both are opinions.  In addition, they are actual measurable indicators that could be used to suggest that he isn't the worst President ever.  So, I'm sticking with grossly inaccurate.  If you would like to tell me if you think he is the worst and why, that would be on topic.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 04:13 PM)Bo Dangles Wrote: Pretty sure Styx's opinion of Obama is entirely based on how what he did relates to the bible and christianity.

Styx, this isn't meant to be an insult, honestly.

If you look at what Obama's goals/policies/platforms were, and what he accomplished, compared to HS' values, it's not at all surprising that he'd want to wipe the last 8 years off the map if he could.

That has to be taken into account when he refers to him as the worst president in history. Many would disagree with him...but for any fundamental christian, Obama helped a great many people go against the word of God, as fundamentalists interpret it. In their eyes, Obama's an evil, evil man.

Hey Bo-- 'Not just Obama.. 'All mankind has sinned and........."  (Yes even Donald T)

Cheers
Thanks given by:
I don't think he's the worst - well, that's not really true, I have no opinion on the matter - I admit to not being educated enough to have an opinion on the presidents in history - if I did have an opinion, even one that you disagreed with based on the facts, it wouldn't be "grossly inaccurate" it would be my opinion - there is no right and wrong answer to the question and what one person thinks makes a president "the worst" will be different than what many others think makes a president "the worst".

Again, there is no right or wrong answer to "who is the worst president of all time" - it is an entirely subjective question with no actual answer. If you ask 1000 people you will get numerous different "answers", check that, opinions. Now, some of those opinions would seem more logical based on facts, they are still just opinions and no particular answer would be "grossly inaccurate".
Thanks given by: Highstyx
(2017-01-11, 06:00 PM)Pouzar Wrote: I don't think he's the worst - well, that's not really true, I have no opinion on the matter - I admit to not being educated enough to have an opinion on the presidents in history - if I did have an opinion, even one that you disagreed with based on the facts, it wouldn't be "grossly inaccurate" it would be my opinion - there is no right and wrong answer to the question and what one person thinks makes a president "the worst" will be different than what many others think makes a president "the worst".

Again, there is no right or wrong answer to "who is the worst president of all time" - it is an entirely subjective question with no actual answer.   If you ask 1000 people you will get numerous different "answers", check that, opinions.  Now, some of those opinions would seem more logical based on facts, they are still just opinions and no particular answer would be "grossly inaccurate".

Well then it's settled, HS has an opinion, I have an opinion on his opinion, and you have an opinion about my opinion on his opinion.
Thanks given by: