Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Obama farewell speech
(2017-01-11, 10:08 AM)poppabyrd Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 05:07 AM)tm123 Wrote: "If you are tired with arguing with strangers on the internet, try to talk with one in real life."

So what's going to be Obama's legacy?  Can't see Obama-care sticking around, first black president will never be taken away from him, I guess that is probably it.  I guess could be known as the President when Bin-Laden is killed.  Not much there for him but guess that is better then the legacy Bush left before him.

I think first president in living memory with no personal scandals.

There was that one scandal, something about him being black, and unable to play basketball with any skill.... other than that, the only scandal was... coincidentally, the thing the president-elect attacked him for...
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 01:18 PM)Highstyx Wrote:  I will be very happy when he is officially OUT, and Trump is sworn in. BO can still do damage.

Specifically, what "damage" has Obama done? Please
Thanks given by:
The umbrella meme, the visual difference between Leader and Boss. Sure, Trump is the new boss, but he's FAR from being a leader.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 07:13 PM)theDC Wrote: The umbrella meme, the visual difference between Leader and Boss. Sure, Trump is the new boss, but he's FAR from being a leader.

He's far from being a decent human being. 

But apparently treating a woman properly and with respect goes against devout Christianity.   Wink
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 01:28 PM)Highstyx Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 01:23 PM)poppabyrd Wrote: Did you take an afternoon nap from 2001-2008?

YES I was awake. Relations with Israel are damaged, and this is man is of the Spirit of Anti-Christ. He mocked the Bible and mocked the Christian 'religion'  WORST president ever. If you lefties love him, so be it. I really don't care. A wicked man is removed from office, hallelulia!

Israel is guaranteed to receive more money from the US than any other president before has given... thanks to Obama

He "mocked" the bible? You're going to have to show evidence of this. Now, if you want to see mocking of the bible, take a look at the multiple divorces, mocking the 'least of us', turning away the sick and downtrodden... That's not just mocking a bock, that's mocking the teachings... But, doesn't matter does it? Trump is "your guy" so anything he says or does is fine by you isn't it? Even if it is in direct conflict with the teachings of your faith.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 07:17 PM)theDC Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 01:23 PM)poppabyrd Wrote: Did you take an afternoon nap from 2001-2008?

YES I was awake. Relations with Israel are damaged, and this is man is of the Spirit of Anti-Christ. He mocked the Bible and mocked the Christian 'religion'  WORST president ever. If you lefties love him, so be it. I really don't care. A wicked man is removed from office, hallelulia!

Israel is guaranteed to receive more money from the US than any other president before has given... thanks to Obama

He "mocked" the bible? You're going to have to show evidence of this. Now, if you want to see mocking of the bible, take a look at the multiple divorces, mocking the 'least of us', turning away the sick and downtrodden... That's not just mocking a bock, that's mocking the teachings... But, doesn't matter does it? Trump is "your guy" so anything he says or does is fine by you isn't it? Even if it is in direct conflict with the teachings of your faith.

Don't let facts get in the way of Highstyx's religious bigotry, DC.

[mod edit]
Thanks given by:
If by mocking the teachings, you mean prvoiding marriage equality....I say kudos to Obama for that!

Kind of funny though how people, namely Republicans, go on about what Obama couldn't do during his time, when it was them who was blocking Obama at every turn, stopping him from getting things accomplished.

Now Trump will be in power, and with the Republicans having thd majority everywhere, there is no one to stop him. Checks and Balances are gone. And it means Trump will get stuff passed and Trump supporters will rally around how great he is for getting all the things done.

Silly Republicans.
Thanks given by:
Sorry, I was out looking for a slam dunk case that he's the worst ever.

found it!

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/report-p...l-policies
Thanks given by:
Come on everyone, don't you remember when Obama passed a law stating that Christian individuals could be refused service at any establishment because someone agrees with their lifestyle. That was horrible! A complete disrespect to human rights, religion, and specifically Christianity.

Oh sorry. That was Pence in Indiana with homosexual individuals. Yeah, HS is lying again about Obama.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 07:36 PM)Oilking Wrote: Come on everyone, don't you remember when Obama passed a law stating that Christian individuals could be refused service at any establishment because someone agrees with their lifestyle.  That was horrible!  A complete disrespect to human rights, religion, and specifically Christianity.

Oh sorry.  That was Pence in Indiana with homosexual individuals.  Yeah, HS is lying again about Obama.

HS is always lying.  Including about his actual commitment to his religion.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 10:11 AM)Stevie_Y Wrote: He's a great orator. That's about it.
Would you deny he achieved the following things
- saved the US car industry and over a million jobs, without costing the US taxpayer a dime
- made it possible for 20 million American men, women and children to get health insurance coverage
- prevented over 3 million American homeowners from going into foreclosure
- turned around a plummeting economy on the brink of a great depression bringing unemployment rates from over 10% to below 5%
- closed all privately run Federal prisons
- prevented Iran from gaining a nuclear weapons capability without firing a shot or putting one soldier in harms way (WMD Iraq anyone?)
- found and killed Osama Bin Laden

Here as some links to articles reviewing the presidency, perhaps you might do better than the four words you mustered.
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arc...sk/505856/
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38525529
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/15/grading-t...mbers.html
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/...presidency
Thanks given by: Oilking , Ululator
(2017-01-11, 07:22 PM)Lumbergh Wrote:

He'll get angry and make 400 posts in 3 minutes quoting everything in his path to spew more of his bullsh!t.

Jesus Christ could come back today, and unless he specifically said he was Jesus Christ... and proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he actually was the Son of God... Right Wing Christians would hate him.
Thanks given by: poppabyrd
He'd be tending to too many of the marginalized and prisoners.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 08:52 PM)Clark17 Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 07:22 PM)Lumbergh Wrote:

He'll get angry and make 400 posts in 3 minutes quoting everything in his path to spew more of his bullsh!t.

Jesus Christ could come back today, and unless he specifically said he was Jesus Christ... and proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he actually was the Son of God... Right Wing Christians would hate him.

He'd be the biggest bleeding heart libtard walking the earth Wink
Thanks given by:
They should amend the constitution to allow a 3'rd term
Warning:  Brain May not be Engaged.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 01:22 PM)Highstyx Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 10:30 AM)Unreal Wrote: I think Obama will go down as one of the greats of all time - it won't happen for decades, but eventually he'll be one of the best regarded Presidents in history.  Even now, he's iconic.

Four years of Trump may speed up that process. Silly

Worst president ever. B.O.

How a so called God loving christian can say that about Obama is just ludicrous. He certainly wasn't the best the US President but he is a decent, compassionate, objective , respectful and tolerant human being; something that Donald Trump is not. You are like a good number of many "religious" people; you use it when convenient but you harbour more hate and prejudice than many "non believers".
Thanks given by:
I certainly don't agree with many things (or any things) HS posts, but these personal attacks are bullshit...

and against forum rules. Why are the mods not looking at this crap.

Wonder why this place is dying ??
Thanks given by: Highstyx
(2017-01-11, 10:20 PM)northern1 Wrote: I certainly don't agree with many things (or any things) HS posts, but these personal attacks are bullshit...

and against forum rules. Why are the mods not looking at this crap.

Wonder why this place is dying ??

Dying?  Seems pretty active to me.
I don't mind getting old, I just don't wanna look old
Thanks given by:
By the end of his only term, he will make Nixon look like an Angel
Warning:  Brain May not be Engaged.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 06:00 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Again, there is no right or wrong answer to "who is the worst president of all time" - it is an entirely subjective question with no actual answer.   If you ask 1000 people you will get numerous different "answers", check that, opinions.  Now, some of those opinions would seem more logical based on facts, they are still just opinions and no particular answer would be "grossly inaccurate".

It is subjective but when you can measure against other president you can identify something as grossly inaccurate. There's these wonderful little things called facts, I know for some they are the tools of the devil but by just about every measurable statistic America is far better off than when he came into office. All of that while working with a republican party who was willing to throw the country under the bus if it meant making Obama look bad. His success is very impressive.

Grossly inaccurate fits.
I’ll be polite... right up until I’m rude
- Ash Williams (2015)
Thanks given by: