Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Our Prospects Updates 2016
Worse or better than DLR? 1/100 or 2/100 the skill of Matthews in TO Wink
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 05:12 PM)Scriptor Wrote: Worse or better than DLR? 1/100 or 2/100 the skill of Matthews in TO Wink

Now that's exactly who I was going to compare him to.
He seems to be just behind De la Rose when it comes to the IceCaps.
And I'd place DLR ahead of Matteau.
DLR seems to get more responsibility than ME.
When it comes to the Habs, He seems to be Mitchell-like.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 05:38 PM)habling Wrote:
(2017-01-07, 05:12 PM)Scriptor Wrote: Worse or better than DLR? 1/100 or 2/100 the skill of Matthews in TO Wink

Now that's exactly who I was going to compare him to.
He seems to be just behind De la Rose when it comes to the IceCaps.
And I'd place DLR ahead of Matteau.
DLR seems to get more responsibility than ME.
When it comes to the Habs, He seems to be Mitchell-like.

Mitchell is a good comparison .
Thanks given by:
Thnx. Could be an eventual Mitchell replacement then, I guess...
Thanks given by:
The IceCaps Won again tonight....
Lost last night in OT.
3 pts banked.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 05:09 PM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote:
(2017-01-07, 02:32 PM)snowhab Wrote: Actually a great player to watch . Plays hard never stops skating will hit and take a hit , not going to be a hugh offensive threat but can contribute in that area .

I feel like that's kind of the types of players we are surrounded with. Not overly talented, but work hard, can skate, not big in physique but try to play a big game. 

Unfortunately we are lacking high end talent down there. May need to take some risks in the drafts since we likely won't draft high up for, hopefully a while

So if with team, and seems to be the good skater, hard working, non goal scoring player we have a lot of... maybe resigned now to a 2 way deal in case he needs to be called up?

Either way, it's hard to hit a home run with these undrafted, or UFA ahl talent players. High end talent comes with high draft picks...mostly....
Thanks given by:
For everyone of those rare success stories -- that obviously get a lot of attention -- there are hundreds of failed experiments/projects, if not thousands.
Thanks given by:
Pat Hickey just said that he thinks McCarron and Scherbak are here to stay. Keep in mind that Hickey is old and kind of senile. I think possibly McCarron but no way is Scherbak sticking around.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 02:17 PM)bchippie Wrote: Pat Hickey just said that he thinks McCarron and Scherbak are here to stay. Keep in mind that Hickey is old and kind of senile. I think possibly McCarron but no way is  Scherbak sticking around.

LOL! poor Pat. 

Well McCarron to me is a no-brainer. He should have been told by Bergevin by now that he can look for a permanent place in Montreal. 

Scherbak I still feel will be sent back down once we get healthy (hopefully soon). I actually wasn't expecting much from him his first time around, but he impressed me. Still, he needs to bulk up more and work on his skating. I think he will be better served in St. John's and then hopefully have a great summer and try to make the team full time next season.
Thanks given by:
IMO, Scherbak goes back down and is recalled for the depth during the playoffs when the roster size allowed expands.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 04:44 PM)Scriptor Wrote: IMO, Scherbak goes back down and is recalled for the depth during the playoffs when the roster size allowed expands.

Id say youre probably right. The kid looks close but not quite yet at that NHL level. He has some of the tools needed for the nhl but still has things to work on at the AHL level. I can maybe see him sticking around after camp next year if he does well but not quite yet. McCarron on the other hand brings something to the table we just flat out won't get from anyone else in the lineup and we need that size around the net. I love that by going to the net against the leafs he forced Andersen out of his stance in order to barely see over his shoulder. Great that Gallagher and Shaw are willing to go to the net but they're easy enough to see around for most goalies whereas McCarron is not
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 07:16 PM)mada7 Wrote:
(2017-01-10, 04:44 PM)Scriptor Wrote: IMO, Scherbak goes back down and is recalled for the depth during the playoffs when the roster size allowed expands.

Id say youre probably right. The kid looks close but not quite yet at that NHL level. He has some of the tools needed for the nhl but still has things to work on at the AHL level. I can maybe see him sticking around after camp next year if he does well but not quite yet. McCarron on the other hand brings something to the table we just flat out won't get from anyone else in the lineup and we need that size around the net. I love that by going to the net against the leafs he forced Andersen out of his stance in order to barely see over his shoulder. Great that Gallagher and Shaw are willing to go to the net but they're easy enough to see around for most goalies whereas McCarron is not

That's also why I like Coyle from MINN. On highlights of goals he scored from the crease on rebounds, you see that he is imposing (with offensive instincts and good hands) in front of the opposing G and a rebound is given by these because they don't see the puck.

I wouldn't mind adding one or, even, two more talented players with size who aren't afraid to occupy the crease. One per team, IMO, isn't enough. More becomes extremely difficult for an opponent to take over an entire game. defensive breakdowns result, penalties are taken, Gs get thrown off their games, Habs win! Happy
Thanks given by:
IF all healthy. Shebak goes down for sure

The question is who gets the final cut so we can keep Mcc here. I guess Carr? (with Ghetto, Sher, Terry, Farh all gone already)

Pat/Chuck/Rad
Lehk/Pleks/Shaw
Bryon/Dan/Gally
Flynn/McC/Mitch
DD
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 02:02 PM)Haba-daba-do Wrote: IF all healthy.  Shebak goes down for sure

The question is who gets the final cut so we can keep Mcc here.  I guess Carr? (with Ghetto, Sher, Terry, Farh all gone already)

Pat/Chuck/Rad
Lehk/Pleks/Shaw
Bryon/Dan/Gally
Flynn/McC/Mitch
DD

That's a horrible waste of McCarron on the 4th line. Better off if he has younger players with some offensive upside, IMO.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 02:28 PM)Scriptor Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 02:02 PM)Haba-daba-do Wrote: IF all healthy.  Shebak goes down for sure

The question is who gets the final cut so we can keep Mcc here.  I guess Carr? (with Ghetto, Sher, Terry, Farh all gone already)

Pat/Chuck/Rad
Lehk/Pleks/Shaw
Bryon/Dan/Gally
Flynn/McC/Mitch
DD

That's a horrible waste of McCarron on the 4th line. Better off if he has younger players with some offensive upside, IMO.
With Chuk'Pleks/Danault all healthy, nothing wrong with having McCarron on the 4th. It makes us an overall better team with a strong 4th. Besides, he's still learning.
Thanks given by:
Nothing wrong with having McCaron on the 4th line at all. Giving him primarily defensive players in Mitchell and Flynn as line mates is what I find a waste, confining him to a defensive role on that line.

Mitchell as a RW is fine, IMO, because it lends support at C if McCarron is tossed out of the circle and Mitchell has more speed and offensive upside than Flynn, IMO. I'd prefer a Byron at LW, or even Carr, although I believe Byron would make a line of Byron - McCarron - Mitchell a much better two-way line with enough speed on the wings to be a headache for opponents. Carr would at least bring a bit more of a scoring touch on the wing for that line.
Thanks given by:
Habs Eyes On The Prize:

POSTING ARTICLES WITHOUT A LINK IS NOT ALLOWED

THANK YOU FOR YOUR EXPECTED COOPERATION IN THE FUTURE
Happy
Thanks given by:
Nattineen and Nygren r still in our system?
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 06:40 PM)Haba-daba-do Wrote: Nattineen and Nygren r still in our system?

Yup....
Nygren is done this season I do believe.
(Could be wrong)
Thanks given by:
I'll never forget Nattinen's legendary game for us against Toronto, I think he may have gotten 3 shifts
Thanks given by: