Thanks given by:
Cant compare a 1st round pick who was playing in chl to a late round guy
Thanks given by:
You can compare the hype.
Thanks given by:
(2016-11-13, 06:15 PM)Scriptor Wrote:
(2016-11-13, 05:48 PM)labradorcongo Wrote: Avitsin? or whatever his name was

Thanks. That's the one.

Avtsin was never near as good as Sherbak is now. I remember him, he had some flashes, Rada liked him. 

Rada's top line for Habs future was Avtsin Conboy and Lahni (?) Silly
Thanks given by:
Carr out of nowhere
Thanks given by:
Lahti...I think that was his name. Some were comparing atvsin wirh Ovi lol

Yup we can overestimate. But most havent wirh sherbak. Just hoping a 1st rounder can be a 20 g guy is average expectation
Thanks given by:
Sure Prospects are hit and miss....
A lot more misses then hits.

Just look back a few years:
Tinordi, Beaulieu, Nygren, Pateryn, Subban, and might I add McDonaugh...
How about Ryan O'Byrne, Brendon Nash, Matt Carle and Yannic Weber???
Ellis, Deitz and Nattinen...
Now... Lernout, Sergachev and Juulsen.

And that's just a few years of D-men.

How about a few of these guys up front:
The Kostitsyns, Grabovski, Latendresse, Chipchurra, Leblanc...
D'Agostini, Kristo, Dumont, Pribyl, Collberg.

Yeah, ok....
Sometimes we might just over-hype.
Thanks given by:
Did watch a little of the OHL/Russia game

Mete was real good. Maybe a future Bouillon for us?

Our goalie prospect was good too. Small, lol, but aggressive in net and makes saves....not a typical, clam butterfly style
Thanks given by:
(2016-11-14, 04:38 PM)habling Wrote: Sure Prospects are hit and miss....
A lot more misses then hits.

Just look back a few years:
Tinordi (MISS), Beaulieu, Nygren (?), Pateryn, Subban, and might I add McDonaugh...
How about Ryan O'Byrne, Brendon Nash (MISS), Matt Carle(MISS) and Yannic Weber???
Ellis (?) , Deitz (?) and Nattinen(?)...
Now... Lernout, Sergachev and Juulsen.

And that's just a few years of D-men.

How about a few of these guys up front:
The Kostitsyns, Grabovski, Latendresse, Chipchurra, Leblanc (MISS)...
D'Agostini, Kristo (MISS), Dumont (MISS), Pribyl(GREAT CAREER OVERSEAS), Collberg (MISS but turned into great rental).

Yeah, ok....
Sometimes we might just over-hype.

As a fan, to me a real MISS is someone drafted in the top 2 rounds. I expect them to make NHL and have a career to any degree of success. Anyone drafted 3rd round on, good luck...if you make it AWESOME, if not I wasn't expecting you too so I don't see it as big a disappointment. IMO

a few are still ? cause may have a chance as still developing....I guess lol
Thanks given by:
Habs Eyes On The Prize..... Mitch Brown....

Noah Juulsen

Noah Juulsen has been garnering plenty of attention lately, and rightfully so. Although there wasn’t significant cause for concern, Juulsen followed up a 0.76 points-per-game campaign in his draft year with a 0.44 pace the next.

Not only is Juulsen now back on track this year, his 0.84 clip puts him on pace to shatter career highs. And to make matters even more encouraging, Juulsen has continued to see growth in his defensive game.
---------------------

Borrowed from the article....
You can read the text on Habs Eyes on The Prize...
Thanks given by:
All Habs,
Reports on Will Bitten.

Will Bitten was selected in the third round (70th overall) of the 2016 NHL Entry Draft by the Montreal Canadiens 2016. Forecast to be a mid to late second round pick, Bitten fell right into the laps of the Canadiens. His drop in the draft most likely resulted from playing for the Flint Firebirds and the tumultuous situation with their ownership.

Bitten had an outstanding season recording 30 goals and 65 points in 67 games. By far, he was the Firebirds’ best player with little to no support. In the off-season, Bitten’s father made it known that his son would not report to the Firebirds. That announcement led to a trade that brought Bitten to the Hamilton Bulldogs.

Bitten is undersized at 5-foot-10-inches, 170 pounds but plays bigger than his stature. Best described as a solid, two-way player, Bitten isn’t afraid to go to the dirty areas on the ice. In my opinion, he has a very high hockey IQ and processes the game at a high level.

At this level, Bitten displays an exceptional ability to continually keep his feet moving. His high motor combined with anticipation makes him dangerous in all situations. Bitten also possesses great speed that serve him well in his pro career. On a young team in Hamilton this season, Bitten is a recognized leader this season.
Thanks given by:
(2016-11-26, 01:50 PM)habling Wrote: All Habs,
Reports on Will Bitten.

Will Bitten was selected in the third round (70th overall) of the 2016 NHL Entry Draft by the Montreal Canadiens 2016. Forecast to be a mid to late second round pick, Bitten fell right into the laps of the Canadiens. His drop in the draft most likely resulted from playing for the Flint Firebirds and the tumultuous situation with their ownership.

Bitten had an outstanding season recording 30 goals and 65 points in 67 games.  By far, he was the Firebirds’ best player with little to no support. In the off-season, Bitten’s father made it known that his son would not report to the Firebirds. That announcement led to a trade that brought Bitten to the Hamilton Bulldogs.

Bitten is undersized at 5-foot-10-inches, 170 pounds but plays bigger than his stature.  Best described as a solid, two-way player, Bitten isn’t afraid to go to the dirty areas on the ice.  In my opinion, he has a very high hockey IQ and processes the game at a high level.

At this level, Bitten displays an exceptional ability to continually keep his feet moving. His  high motor combined with anticipation makes him dangerous in all situations. Bitten also possesses great speed that serve him well in his pro career. On a young team in Hamilton this season, Bitten is a recognized leader this season.
Is the rest of the article missing?
Thanks given by:
We don't give it too much attention because of Price but two of our goalie prospects are developing really well in McNiven and Lindgren.

Has anyone seen Mete play? There is a lot of good things being said about him.
Thanks given by:
Just checking out the highlights of the IceCaps Win....
The 1st line.... Andrighetto-McCarron-Scherbak....had themselves a Game.
Thanks given by:
Habs Eyes On The Prize....
Lead with....

It was the Charlie Lindgren show this weekend as the St. John's IceCaps emerged with a 1-1 record after their series with the Providence Bruins.

Recap of this weekend available on HEOTP...
Thanks given by:
(2016-11-27, 03:33 AM)tm123 Wrote: We don't give it too much attention because of Price but two of our goalie prospects are developing really well in McNiven and Lindgren.

Has anyone seen Mete play?  There is a lot of good things being said about him.

Mete is real fast. That's his best attribute. I watched him in that Can-Rus series for the OHL game, and I thought he was the best dman that game. Offensive.

BUT....he is small, so he went in the mid rounds.

McNiven was also in net for the game I watched....wow he is all over the place. Very busy in the net, and makes saves that you wonder how, because of his movements. 100% opposite of Price's style
Thanks given by:
Habs Eyes On The Prize....

Catching the Torch: Michael McNiven becoming a top Habs prospect....

Michael McNiven was signed as an undrafted free-agent, but he is quickly becoming one of the Canadiens de Montréal top prospects. Check out why in our weekly look at the Habs prospects:
(Good Read)

..........An Exerpt........
McNiven has backed his words up with results, as his three wins this past week improved his record on the year to 13-5-1. He has frequently had to play the hero role on a team that has scored the second-fewest goals per game in the OHL’s Western Conference. His 2.29 goals-against average is the OHL’s best, and his .920 save percentage is among the league’s top starters. Those numbers helped earn him a spot in the Canada-Russia Series earlier in the month......

*You can read the article on HEOTP...
Thanks given by:
(2016-11-28, 03:28 PM)habling Wrote: Habs Eyes On The Prize....

Catching the Torch: Michael McNiven becoming a top Habs prospect....

Michael McNiven was signed as an undrafted free-agent, but he is quickly becoming one of the Canadiens de Montréal top prospects. Check out why in our weekly look at the Habs prospects:
(Good Read)

..........An Exerpt........
McNiven has backed his words up with results, as his three wins this past week improved his record on the year to 13-5-1. He has frequently had to play the hero role on a team that has scored the second-fewest goals per game in the OHL’s Western Conference. His 2.29 goals-against average is the OHL’s best, and his .920 save percentage is among the league’s top starters. Those numbers helped earn him a spot in the Canada-Russia Series earlier in the month......

*You can read the article on HEOTP...

Any specific reason why you don't actually share the link when you post?  I think it is required and really annoying when you don't.
Thanks given by: Bong13
McNiven 1 of 3 Goalies invited to Canada's Junior Camp....

Victor Mete
Noah Juulsen
Will join McNiven at camp...
Thanks given by: