Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Our Prospects Updates 2016
YATY Hudon is back. Thinking he needs a few games to get back into game shape. By then if DLR hasn't done much ...hopefully Hudon gets that call

But sounds like, with MCC, that MB didn't feel there was a role for him with the big club. They would rather the Farnham, Terry, DLR, Carr take TOI on the 4th line then MCC. So I hope there is a "role" for Hudon to get called up for. Time is ticking on his contract, like Ghetto, MTL will have huge decisions to make with these two players in the summer.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-18, 10:23 AM)Haba-daba-do Wrote: I qot some quotes from the interview MB did.  I didn't hear the audio, but read this today in regards to MCC:

There’s a few things,” Bergevin told Nilan about McCarron. “First of all, this kid made huge progress from the time we drafted him to where he’s at today. What does he need to work on? I think he’s been a lot better at faceoffs at the American (Hockey League) level, he’s been a lot better down low, which is a process about learning.

“His quick step … his first couple of strides have to get quicker,” the GM added. “He is quicker than he was, but he has more to go. As a big man — and he is a tall kid — it will take a while before he catches up with the growth of his body.”
-----------------------

MB also says this .......

To me, it’s all part of the process where he’s at today,” Bergevin said about McCarron, who was the Canadiens’ first-round pick (25th overall) at the 2013 NHL Draft. “For me, when I look at Michael McCarron it’s not will he ever be in Montreal? It’s when he’ll be in Montreal. Because he’s right at the door now, but he needs a role. And right now when we’re healthy, I don’t want a Mike McCarron playing seven minutes a night. We have Chucky (Alex Galchenyuk) back now, (McCarron) doesn’t get any power-play time and he doesn’t kill penalties. He’s too young, he has too much to learn just to play seven minutes or be in and out of the lineup. So that’s why he went back.

“For for me, for all of us here, it’s a matter of time before he’s here for good, and going down to St. John’s and working on his skills and confidence and other aspects of his game is only going to make him better when he’s here for good.”
-----------------

So I guess all us fans freaking out and thinking MCC is in the "doghouse", our GM sees he isn't quite ready yet, but that he has progressed and is in the future plans.  Just needs a few more thing before he is here for good.  I am sure MCC was told this too and it should motivate him.

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/cana...ack-to-ahl

Thanks for the info.
FYI, not all fans believed that he was in the doghouse.
Some have the patience and understanding that the "Habs' process" is important in the development of their young players.   Probably the young players who also trust Habs' management and follow the process will have a better chance of becoming NHL players and get to play in the NHL, whether with the Habs or another team, for a long time.
I believe Tinordi, as an example,  was a player who thought he deserved to be in the NHL sooner rather than later and probably will never become the player he could have been.
Thanks given by:
Great example with Tinordi

Not that he would become a star, but could have had a nhl career if he believed he needed more time and used that time well instead of looking to leave and complaining (his dad didn't help!)
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-18, 12:14 PM)Haba-daba-do Wrote: Great example with Tinordi

Not that he would become a star, but could have had a nhl career if he believed he needed more time and used that time well instead of looking to leave and complaining (his dad didn't help!)

Yeah, this may have been his biggest reason for what happened.
Thanks given by: