Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Our Prospects Updates 2016
YATY Hudon is back. Thinking he needs a few games to get back into game shape. By then if DLR hasn't done much ...hopefully Hudon gets that call

But sounds like, with MCC, that MB didn't feel there was a role for him with the big club. They would rather the Farnham, Terry, DLR, Carr take TOI on the 4th line then MCC. So I hope there is a "role" for Hudon to get called up for. Time is ticking on his contract, like Ghetto, MTL will have huge decisions to make with these two players in the summer.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-18, 10:23 AM)Haba-daba-do Wrote: I qot some quotes from the interview MB did.  I didn't hear the audio, but read this today in regards to MCC:

There’s a few things,” Bergevin told Nilan about McCarron. “First of all, this kid made huge progress from the time we drafted him to where he’s at today. What does he need to work on? I think he’s been a lot better at faceoffs at the American (Hockey League) level, he’s been a lot better down low, which is a process about learning.

“His quick step … his first couple of strides have to get quicker,” the GM added. “He is quicker than he was, but he has more to go. As a big man — and he is a tall kid — it will take a while before he catches up with the growth of his body.”
-----------------------

MB also says this .......

To me, it’s all part of the process where he’s at today,” Bergevin said about McCarron, who was the Canadiens’ first-round pick (25th overall) at the 2013 NHL Draft. “For me, when I look at Michael McCarron it’s not will he ever be in Montreal? It’s when he’ll be in Montreal. Because he’s right at the door now, but he needs a role. And right now when we’re healthy, I don’t want a Mike McCarron playing seven minutes a night. We have Chucky (Alex Galchenyuk) back now, (McCarron) doesn’t get any power-play time and he doesn’t kill penalties. He’s too young, he has too much to learn just to play seven minutes or be in and out of the lineup. So that’s why he went back.

“For for me, for all of us here, it’s a matter of time before he’s here for good, and going down to St. John’s and working on his skills and confidence and other aspects of his game is only going to make him better when he’s here for good.”
-----------------

So I guess all us fans freaking out and thinking MCC is in the "doghouse", our GM sees he isn't quite ready yet, but that he has progressed and is in the future plans.  Just needs a few more thing before he is here for good.  I am sure MCC was told this too and it should motivate him.

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/cana...ack-to-ahl

Thanks for the info.
FYI, not all fans believed that he was in the doghouse.
Some have the patience and understanding that the "Habs' process" is important in the development of their young players.   Probably the young players who also trust Habs' management and follow the process will have a better chance of becoming NHL players and get to play in the NHL, whether with the Habs or another team, for a long time.
I believe Tinordi, as an example,  was a player who thought he deserved to be in the NHL sooner rather than later and probably will never become the player he could have been.
Thanks given by:
Great example with Tinordi

Not that he would become a star, but could have had a nhl career if he believed he needed more time and used that time well instead of looking to leave and complaining (his dad didn't help!)
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-18, 12:14 PM)Haba-daba-do Wrote: Great example with Tinordi

Not that he would become a star, but could have had a nhl career if he believed he needed more time and used that time well instead of looking to leave and complaining (his dad didn't help!)

Yeah, this may have been his biggest reason for what happened.
Thanks given by:
Anyone seen prospect Matt Bradley? He has been on fire lately with the Tigers.
Thanks given by:
Habs signed Addison today to entry level contract. A bit surprised they will use one of their 50 contracts on him but never know.

CHL playoffs started today, I like to see how our guys perform when everything in the line.

Mete 1G, 1A, Addison 1G, Bitten 2G's, McNiven no goals allowed after two.
Thanks given by:
Good info, thanks.

Sent from my T03 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Addison with GWG in OT, two on the night, huge day for him with contract and the OT hero.
Thanks given by:
What is incredible about Addison is that he was the 5th LAST pick of his draft.

He may never make the nhl (hopefully he does) but the fact that he even got a contract when the majority of draft picks dont...its pretty impressive.

I recall watching a ohl game last year on TV and there was this one player that stood out to me and me thinking wow I like that player...and then hearing the announcer mention he was a Mtl draft pick made me even more happy. He was on his team's top line and I believe waering an A. He may be an overage pkayer, so yes they usually look good in the oil. Lets see how he does in who.
Thanks given by:
The IceCaps lost their game today....
2-1 to Hersey.

Charles Hudon had a strong game despite collecting a lone assist.
Carr as been reunited with Hudon on the 1st line, centered by Terry they proved hard to handle. Some bad luck kept them off the Scoresheet in the early going. Hudon and Carr connected several times and threatened to opened the scoring, but an unfortunate bounce or lucky Hersey break kept both Hudon and Carr off the board....
Thanks given by:
Mete also signed. Looks like MB is busy deciding who he is putting his money on to succeed as Habs prospects.

Two later round picks signed this week.

Mete, is really good at the CHL level. Skates great and solid in every aspect of his D game. Only one issue....his size. Still time to grow?? I believe he is like 5'8 and 175 lbs, but again he is a small guy who plays bigger. He is Knights top pair dman, but playing with Vanc's 1st rounder (forgot how to spell his name, the one they took instead of Serg). So I am sure it helps to play with a top 10 draft pick. But I think he can hold his own too. He is progressing/ developing and that's all one can hope for.

He should be back in CHL next season.
Thanks given by:
(7 hours ago)Haba-daba-do Wrote: Mete also signed.  Looks like MB is busy deciding who he is putting his money on to succeed as Habs prospects.

Mete, is really good at the CHL level.  Skates great and solid in every aspect of his D game.  Only one issue....his size.  Still time to grow??  I believe he is like 5'8 and 175 lbs, but again he is a small guy who plays bigger.  He is Knights top pair dman, but playing with Vanc's 1st rounder (forgot how to spell his name, the one they took instead of Serg).  So I am sure it helps to play with a top 10 draft pick.  But I think he can hold his own too.  He is progressing/ developing and that's all one can hope for.

Thats good. Ya he is very small. Heard from someone who saw him in person that 5'8 is extremely generous.
Thanks given by:
(5 hours ago)SeanCDNMTL Wrote:
(7 hours ago)Haba-daba-do Wrote: Mete also signed.  Looks like MB is busy deciding who he is putting his money on to succeed as Habs prospects.

Mete, is really good at the CHL level.  Skates great and solid in every aspect of his D game.  Only one issue....his size.  Still time to grow??  I believe he is like 5'8 and 175 lbs, but again he is a small guy who plays bigger.  He is Knights top pair dman, but playing with Vanc's 1st rounder (forgot how to spell his name, the one they took instead of Serg).  So I am sure it helps to play with a top 10 draft pick.  But I think he can hold his own too.  He is progressing/ developing and that's all one can hope for.

Thats good. Ya he is very small. Heard from someone who saw him in person that 5'8 is extremely generous.
The Habs are hoping for some new technology which will help him stretch out a bit and bulk up at the same time. Silly
Thanks given by:
Well according the the Slovak head coach...Reway has started training again

Obviously good news, even if no one knows how his training/recovery will go this is a big step

I would post the link here...but I don't speak or read Slovak lol

I got the info off of habseyesontheprize twitter feed
Thanks given by: habling
(4 hours ago)HIGGINSFAN Wrote:

The Habs are hoping for some new technology which will help him stretch out a bit and bulk up at the same time. Silly

Don't you grow if you hang your arms from a bar for like 2 hours straight Happy
Thanks given by:
(4 hours ago)Haba-daba-do Wrote: Well according the the Slovak head coach...Reway has started training again

Obviously good news, even if no one knows how his training/recovery will go this is a big step

I would post the link here...but I don't speak or read Slovak lol

I got the info off of habseyesontheprize twitter feed

The fact that he is alive is by far the best news. Whether he ever plays again who knows, but that definitely is now secondary
Thanks given by:
Reway and Bozon....2 prospects with a chance to make nhl who were both near death

Bozon is back to hockey but I believe in the ECHL? I am sure his sickness took away important development time and ability.

Reway may end up the same. BAck to hockey but never to the talent he had been. Which is too bad cause of all our "small" frwds I thought he and Hudon were the most talented of the bunch. (better then Ghetto, Bozon, Carr and the one we traded away to NY, darn what was his name, for Vanek trade)
Thanks given by:
(3 hours ago)SeanCDNMTL Wrote:
(4 hours ago)HIGGINSFAN Wrote:

Don't you grow if you hang your arms from a bar for like 2 hours straight Happy
Not sure it works all the time, but it's his legs that need to grow longer to make him taller. Silly
Thanks given by:
(2017-03-25, 06:54 PM)Haba-daba-do Wrote: What is incredible about Addison is that he was the 5th LAST pick of his draft.

He may never make the nhl (hopefully he does) but the fact that he even got a contract when the majority of draft picks dont...its pretty impressive.

I recall watching a ohl game last year on TV and there was this one player that stood out to me and me thinking wow I like that player...and then hearing the announcer mention he was a Mtl draft pick made me even more happy. He was on his team's top line and I believe waering an A. He may be an overage pkayer, so yes they usually look good in the oil. Lets see how he does in who.

Just reading an article about him

Says he had the chance to jump to pro league this year but when he got traded to Windsor and knew they were hosting Mem Cup he chose to go back to OHL. So he is pretty overaged at 20 yrs. His stall is next to Serg and they talk a lot about what they learnt from camp with MTL last summer. Says that he saw a huge diff in Serg when he returned from 1 month with MTL in regular season, how much he had learnt in one month.

Sounds like a cool guy. Altho 6-2 he is seen as small at 182lbs. Says he plays real well D wise and has offense too. His skating is a strength and so is his willingness to jump into scrums. Says sort of like Gally and Carr. He is also a avid reader and still taking online course studying psychology
Thanks given by:
Good News regarding Reway.
Seems the kid had Issues around his Heart.
This is obviously great news for Reway, following a health issue revolving around heart problems. It is still early in the recovery process, but getting back on the ice is a big deal for forward....

Wishing the kid a Full and Speedy Recovery.
Thanks given by: