Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out of Town Scoreboard Watching
Is it too early? Maybe but what the hell - we are solidly in a playoff spot with one game until the official half-way mark.

NSH lost in regulation to an eastern team today - good stuff.

flames up early on the nucks which is a bit disappointing.

Would be great if the Yotes could hold the Ducks to 1 or 0 points but that seems unlikely.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-06, 10:14 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Is it too early?  Maybe but what the hell - we are solidly in a playoff spot with one game until the official half-way mark.

Would be great if the Yotes could hold the Ducks to 1 or 0 points but that seems unlikely.

Not too early for me! Good thread. Nucks up now
Thanks given by:
Hanzal already helping the Oiler before he even joins the team - he tied it up for ARI against ANA.
Thanks given by:
No 3 pointers please
Thanks given by:
I've been scoreboard watching since September!

The difference is I'm cheering for other teams to lose now as opposed to win.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-06, 10:14 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Is it too early?  Maybe but what the hell - we are solidly in a playoff spot with one game until the official half-way mark.

No not really, It should be  too early but that said with the Gary Bettman xtra point awarded for a OT loss it does make playoff races much better now.  Calgary and Vancouver and LA are pretty much right on our arses!!!!  These East swing games really are must wins or at least must single point games for us as it seems it will be tough down the stretch to pull away.
Flames and Knucks back to back so it would be good if they split LOL. Or IMO Knucks win both with no Bettman points.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-06, 11:22 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Hanzal already helping the Oiler before he even joins the team - he tied it up for ARI against ANA.

LOL, I would really love to grab him, but not for that 1st round pick.  Maybe if we had a 2nd rounder this year it would or could makes sense, but I am not PC and he did give away a 16 and 33 in a very strong draft for basically a prospect with hardly any NHL time.
So maybe in a really weak draft he rolls the dice.

I do think Hanzal would be a complete Rental unless they trade RNH this summer and keep a Hanzal.  No Idea what a Hanzal will cost to resign , But big guys like that are usually sought after a bit more.

So in a discussion with my Brother in laws dad last night out at the lake, on the discussion of a 3rd line C man, he brought up Tyler Bozak.  Now I am not sure if the Leafs are going to move him, but if they start to fall out of a playoff spot ( They are 3rd right now so in it), He thinks Bozak would be a great 3rd line C man for the OIl.
Bozak is 30 and will be 31 in March.  He has 1 year left on a 4.1 mill deal ( Which is a bit much). He is a great PK guy and can also play lots of minutes on the PP.  He is one of the better face off guys in the NHL @ 58%.

Now the main reason to grab a C man is so that Drai can stay on that #1 line and right Now Caggiulla unless he really picks it up  is not the answer on that 3rd Line.  Also I do think this would enable the Oil to either send Caggiula down or play him on the wing for the rest of the year which would be better probably for his development.

No idea what a Bozak would cost us , but I doubt we could unload Poo Poo for him LOL.

It is going to be very interesting to see what the Oil do down the stretch for sure and then even in the X draft.
Thanks given by:
This is such an awesome thread...
Thanks given by:
CGY and WIN tonight - Go Jets

LAK and DAL - Go Stars (and go no 3 point game)
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-09, 07:45 PM)Pouzar Wrote: CGY and WIN tonight - Go Jets

LAK and DAL - Go Stars (and go no 3 point game)

Oilers get help from both the Jets and Stars.
"Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost!"
Thanks given by:
It's been a long time since Oiler fans have been eagerly watching scoreboard activity, rather than cursing a team for losing on the road to the bottom of the standings...
Thanks given by:
Awesome thread... where is our GDT though... we can beat the Sharks and hope we put in a song effort and do just that!!

Go Oilers, GO!!
Apparently, one of the "frothing haters"??  Weird..
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 09:10 AM)Bandit Wrote: Awesome thread... where is our GDT though... we can beat the Sharks and hope we put in a song effort and do just that!!

Go Oilers, GO!!

Tough one tonight. Thread is up. I do think the only way we beat the Sharks is if Eberle and or that 2nd line chip in. If it is just the 1st line I do not think we win

GO OIL!
Thanks given by:
I came here to find out what Nolan Patrick's injury status is and if Nico Hischier is for real. Wtf is this Sh*t??

It's January in Oil country.

Scoreboard watching?? Playoffs?? I'm so scared and confused.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 12:00 PM)bfitz77 Wrote: I came here to find out what Nolan Patrick's injury status is and if Nico Hischier is for real. Wtf is this Sh*t??

It's January in Oil country.

Scoreboard watching?? Playoffs?? I'm so scared and confused.

So the winner of the playoffs does NOT get a chance to draft first overall?

I am Not interested in that.
Thanks given by:
Lets not forget - if we miss the playoffs by one point, we still have a chance at the first overall - its like 1% but a chance.

I'm hoping we aren't in the lottery at all - so far so good!
Thanks given by:
Sharks and flames the only relevant game tonight. I guess I'm hoping for the Sharks as much as I don't want them to expand the gap - no three point game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Flames score with a few minutes left to win it in regulation.

First place remains within reach but things get a bit tighter.

Thanks given by:
Chance to make up some ground tonight as there aren't really any relevant games out of town - jets and yotes, I guess

Thanks given by:
VAN at PHI - Vancouver has crept back in to the conversation - Go Philly!

BOS at NSH - Go Bruins!

DET at DAL - Go Wings!

ANA at COL - Lets go Avs!

STL at LAK - I dunno - go no 3-point game!
Thanks given by: