Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Presently Tracking 101 Pts
Based on games played and points to date, the Senators are tracking towards 101 points this year.  I figure, based on previous years, that 96 points gets you into the dance.  With the other division playing well above their weight class almost division wide, it looks like there will be two wild card teams from outside the Atlantic Division.  As I look at the standings we are being chased by Boston and Tampa Bay.  The other teams look to be non contenders at this time.

So I offer you this.  The Senators will make the play offs this year, and we will certainly win our first round series because we have the goaltending and the defensive system to get us there.  So now what do we need to pad our division placement, and where can we improve?

I suggest that we need to get Ceici into a groove and playing well defensively, which he aint right now, and we need some more goals.  Can CM provide those added goals in the new year when he returns?  I say no.  Its time to pick up some goal scoring, and use (I cant believe I'm saying this) young Curtis as the trade bait.  (I have a 27 jersey with his name on it).
First thing we'd climb a tree, and maybe then we'll talk......
Thanks given by:
All I can think of after last night, Senator fans.

Time to give them the attention they deserve.
Thanks given by:
This thread has jinx written all over it
Thanks given by: Koymenella
I think I'll start getting into the Sens if they make it to the Conference Championship.
Thanks given by:
There is only 1 POSSIBLE wildcard team in each conference not 2 as stated in the OP. The top 4 in each division make it to the playoffs but the wildcard team can bump the 4th place team out of the playoffs in the other division if they have more points than they do.

101 points is a pretty good season. That's a great pace so far.
Thanks given by:
topgun, I read your last post a few times, and I"m not entirely sure I understand what you're saying.

Doesn't the top 3 in each division make the playoffs, plus two wildcards, per conference?
Thanks given by:
Ya and the two wildcards can be both from the same division.

Top Gun, your ego is writing cheques your body can't cash.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-21, 01:09 PM)Koymenella Wrote: Ya and the two wildcards can be both from the same division.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-21, 12:02 PM)Koymenella Wrote: I think I'll start getting into the Sens if they make it to the Conference Championship.

Time to get over Alfie man.
Thanks given by: Koymenella , Ryu65
Koy that's a shame. You are missing some good hockey, and last night was a great example of that.
This team is starting to grab my attention, beating teams like Chicago and San Jose shows that they are heading the right direction. Rye, hope you are wrong. That being said, the Senators will shut out the Ducks tomorrow. There, jinx complete.
Thanks given by:
It's hard for me to get into the same group who keeps quitting on coaches when the going gets tough. You know? I just lost interest in them because I started to see them as pretty boys instead of hardworking men.

We'll see I guess. But it'll take a few years under Boucher I think, to really get me back into it.
Thanks given by:
Don't let the blatherings of R7 effect your fanship.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-21, 01:09 PM)Koymenella Wrote: Ya and the two wildcards can be both from the same division.

Rye, Koy, and the Sens gang,

I stand corrected. I did think it was only 1 wildcard team.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-21, 02:38 PM)Koymenella Wrote: It's hard for me to get into the same group who keeps quitting on coaches when the going gets tough. You know? I just lost interest in them because I started to see them as pretty boys instead of hardworking men.

We'll see I guess. But it'll take a few years under Boucher I think, to really get me back into it.

I think you need to tune in.. this is your kinda team and coach
Thanks given by: Koymenella
They have responded well since Boucher blew his lid and then put Neil in the shootout on his big night.

I have said we have to see if the players stab him in the back in a couple years, but he's pushing the right buttons at the moment, that is for sure.
Thanks given by:
The Phaneuf trade actually looks hella smart to me. Just look at the pressure he takes off of Karlsson and Methot. As a solid vet at this point, not a star anymore, it's kinda how Tulo fit in with the Jays. Consistent, stable play where you need it.

Ceci has been abysmal defensively and offensively - zero even strength points. Wideman might be the number 4 guy, which is fine given how solid the top 3 guys have been. Pray for no injuries to those 3 guys.
Thanks given by:
Ugh, injuries. If we have a significant injury I feel that we could be sunk. The super sub, Chris Kelly, isn't as young as he was the last time he stepped in on a major injury. Wow those were good days when he took the number one centreman's job (due to Spezza injury) and we didn't skip a beat.
Thanks given by:
injuries on defence would kill us. I think we have enough forward depth to ride it out though.
Guess what? I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!
Thanks given by:
They are playing great. I still feel they lack the top end talent to go really deep in the playoffs though. But I am definitely loving the way they are playing this year. Dzingel is a nice surprise too and Condon has been great.
Thanks given by:
Ok you guys have convinced me to tune in over the holiday break!
Thanks given by: Really?