Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Presently Tracking 101 Pts
Koy remember the don't give a shit Senators? These aint them man. We have returned to a group that seems to give a shit.
First thing we'd climb a tree, and maybe then we'll talk......
Thanks given by: Koymenella
Last year they were 17-11-5, compared to this year's record of 19-11-3. So really not that far apart. But last year, Turris got hurt and the season fell apart. So, yes, let's tread lightly.

Although it does feel different this time. Probably because they have 3 good defencemen.
Thanks given by:
huh.. thats true, they were doing pretty good just before xmas, I recall that now. But their defence was so awful, whereas this year there seems to be hope in that area
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-22, 11:43 AM)Stevie_Y Wrote: They are playing great. I still feel they lack the top end talent to go really deep in the playoffs though. But I am definitely loving the way they are playing this year. Dzingel is a nice surprise too and Condon has been great.

I feel the same way...We still need another top 6 forward and top 4 dman to really make some noise.  

I was one of Ceci's biggest supporters on here last season, but it's time for me to jump on the disappointment train as well.  I wonder what him and the other disappointment (Lazar) would fetch in a trade.  They are still young enough for someone to roll the dice on them, and the window for this team is the next few years unfortunately.  It may be time to trade away some youth to make a push.
Thanks given by:
Difference between this year and last year I think is that we're getting offense from all the big guns now. Ryan is no longer invisible and guys like Stone and Hoffman haven't really missed a beat since last year. Turris is also playing like a legit number 1 centre and Brassard has finally woken up offensively. I'm also sort of surprised that Phaneuf is playing this well, especially scoring goals which is a huge difference having him to start the season this year compared to last year.

Dorion has a chance to make a couple of really smart moves to push this team to legit contender I just hope he's actually trying. Top 4 defenseman and a top 6 winger is all we're missing right now.
Thanks given by:
I jjust realized that I basically regurgitated what others already said here but I'm guilty of not reading the whole thread before posting.
Thanks given by:
Koy don't be the bandwagon type. You're originally one of the die-hard ones.
Thanks given by:
Another win tonight, that's 4 in a row now.
Thanks given by:
Yeah a nice little win. They certainly are playing a dull defensive structure, but they work hard so it's interesting to watch.

Not that I am going out on a limb but injuries and goaltending can make this go sideways.
Thanks given by: