Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposal: Trade Idea
(2017-01-11, 03:28 PM)Sasquatch Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 03:15 PM)SAVARYGUY Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 02:49 PM)Sasquatch Wrote: Puljarv is going to be the bust of last years draft. been saying it for awhile.

Hey Squatch, he just might be a bust... but I highly doubt the Oilers will give up on the guy on or before the upcoming trade deadline... My guess is, he will be given the same amount of time Yakapov was given, or thereabouts, before he's moved ( if he's moved ).

Of course not. Edm would be stupid to give up on him. and Any other team would be stupid to try and aquire him. 

Gaurdian always makes these threads, starts some really random EA NHL un realistic trade proposals. 

Reality is Benning would have to pull a lucky charm out of his ass if he was in hopes of getting anything of value from anything we have. 

Personally i'd like to see what a deal would look like with Miller traded for Fleury. (what would it take to make that happen).
I don't think that is in our interest right now.    I think moving Miller for picks at the deadline.   This might be the year of the good teams with no goalie scenario.
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Thanks given by:
These guys will be available.

Puljujarvi - Barkov

~~~ ~~~  

Puljarv is going to be the bust of last years draft.

~~~ ~~~

2017 is only 2 weeks old, & those 2 statements may have just won the coveted Risible Razzy award...

50 weeks left, & this 1 just may be over already..!

Well Done You 2... Happy
x6
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 08:23 PM)Sasquatch Wrote: To be fair I was saying he was going to be a bust before he was even drafted. He was the one player in the top 5 I didn't want. Should be evidence I said that in a few of the draft threads. I didn't want him then. Don't want him now.

It's a feeling from everything I read and saw. My opinion but not really any basis.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Maybe Paljarvi is the bust. Maybe Virtanen is a bust. Nick Ritchie would have been a better choice

Is there anything to be accomplished by talking like this? Icon_eek Laugh
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-14, 04:47 AM)T.V. Wrote: These guys will be available.

Puljujarvi - Barkov

~~~ ~~~  

~~~ ~~~

2017 is only 2 weeks old, & those 2 statements may have just won the coveted Risible Razzy award...

Well Done You 2... Happy

Every forum has one, even the Oiler forum.

Just chuckle and move on, that's what i do...
Thanks given by: T.V.
Look you can take a sentence out of any statement and turn it into whatever you want.

When the draft happened last year there was talk within the canucks forum about losing out on dubois. I said right from days before the draft I didn't like Puljarv and said he was the one that was going to under perform. It has nothing to do with Edm picking him. I don't really see why everyone is lumping in me into Gaurdians ridiculous list.
Thanks given by:
Bug 
The current trend to keep prospects right after their draft year used to be considered a development disaster but it has become a salary cap tool and a public relations tool.

In hindsight, would Virtanen and McCann have been worth 0less had they stayed an extra year in junior? Puljujarvi in Finland like the Sedins in Sweden. The Leafs have started drafting guys that were passed over in their draft year. Totally passed over. Yet those players' rankings are often many rounds higher in their draft plus 1 year. Why? Well, maturity is one reason, physically and mentally. Or guys go to US colleges and put in 2 or more years against older players. Willie is reluctant to play younger kids. Perhaps there's a good reason. Not because they are busts but simply because they are prone to be overwhelmed.
How to start an argument on the internet: 1) Post something. 2) Wait.
Thanks given by:
I would love to see the draft age moved up to 19....

I've never been there before, but once I went there twice...
Thanks given by:
I'm still waiting to see the "trade idea" alluded in the title, other than the extremely silly notion the Canucks are in a position to acquire the 3 players speicifcally mentioned in the OP, in which case - as KB said - laugh and carry on, as it's not true nor do I wish we were in a position to do.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-14, 03:17 PM)KahunaBaby Wrote:
(2017-01-14, 04:47 AM)T.V. Wrote: These guys will be available.

Puljujarvi - Barkov

~~~ ~~~  

~~~ ~~~

Well Done You 2... Happy

Every forum has one, even the Oiler forum.

Just chuckle and move on, that's what i do...

That's what I was doing KB... Happy

But actually, the 2nd comment made me snicker a little more...  Grin

FYI... I think we have 6...  Plain
x6
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-14, 09:31 PM)SAVARYGUY Wrote: I would love to see the draft age moved up to 19....

That will only happen if the Canucks end up with the first overall pick for the new draft. No 18 yr olds, just ones passed over last year. Should be good. The draft age used to be 20, but you can thank the Rat for it being 18
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 12:42 PM)TheGuardian Wrote: Well Landeskog is in the mix again.
Pool Party is sent down.
Pouliot isn't paying out well.
Florida needs help.
Arizona is selling......just about everyone over 26.
Miller/Markstrom have value.

The Nucks need to see what they have in Pedan.

Colorado is looking for a big left handed dman.
Edmonton could use a right handed dman and cap relief.
Florida wants to load up for a cup run before all the vets are too old.
Any number of teams can use an upgrade in goal.

These guys will be available.

Puljujarvi - Barkov - Landeskog

I doubt as a line they would even be as good as the Sedins have been in their prime, they aren't McDavid, Mathews, Eichel, Crosby, Ovie or Malkin, but they would be a more than decent first line in a year or two and with the team for over 5 years so moving a draft pick or two still leaves time to find other kids to fill in as not many picks stay in the minors for 3 years and still make a big difference to a NHL team.

Trade whomever has to be moved, take back salary, retain salary.
Get what they can for Virtanen before everyone figures out he is a bust for top line duty.

Right now the Nucks have some depth at defence and third/fourth liners (8) and this is a poor draft year for forwards.

Timing is going to be a bitch because of the expansion draft but that draft might add value all out of proportion to draft picks. The team can lose only one player to Vegas but Benning has screwed the team for trading at the TDL due to giving out those NT and NM contracts, they lost a big value in that dumb move.

As I posted in July, by the time of the TDL the Nucks will be 4 to 6 points outside of a playoff berth and have to DO SOMETHING THIS YEAR because it should be obvious that they are a one and done playoff team even if they make it as they are now.

All three mentioned can be obtained.

2018 draft players to see so far are Anderson Mac'Donald and Rasmus Dahlin, at this time they do seem to be standing slightly ahead of their age groups.

Not such a crazy trade post as some suggest.
At least you didn't begin with "trade the Sedins"

I disagree that any of the noted players are a bust, or could be achieved cheaply or even at all.

We do have some terrific assets and Benning's NTC and NMC contracts are only Sutter and Erikson so not sure how that screws us?

This is going to be an interesting year and I think the expansion draft really messes up any possible trades that otherwise could be made as long as it keeps teams cap compliant. I think every team has concerns about player protection and this will affect trades; particularly young players for older ones.
It's an extra wrinkle that every team is dealing with in their decision process. 

C2
The man who invented the Total Perspective Vortex did so basically in order to annoy his wife

Thanks given by: