Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposal: Trade Idea
(2017-02-06, 09:58 AM)Marsh Wrote:
(2017-02-04, 02:08 PM)TheGuardian Wrote: I knew when I posted the thread that it was sooo EAish, but I did anyway.

Look all the teams those players play for could be improved by trading for players the Nucks have.

The Canuck desperate need is for first line players and real second line players, not likely to happen anytime soon if drafting unless the team decides being in the bottom of the league for a decade is a good idea.

It has been known for quite awhile that Edmonton wants/needs a right handed dman and they did trade established player, Hall, for a lefty. In a couple of years they will be pressured by the cap so moving Pooparty is not giving up on him, they still remember Yakapov. Offer up Tanev.

Landeskog, what's the problem there? Colorado is dangling him out there and needs everything, throw Virtanen and a draft pick at them.

Barkov has hardly played due to injury and if not him then Huberdeau. Florida didn't fire the coach just to sit back and watch the playoffs, they are/will make a big push to not only get in the show but also make a dent. They could use Gubranson/Pedan/Edler (who might waive his NTC to get a pay increase) maybe even convince the twins to go there for a season in the sun with no taxes and then re-sign here, a little more than a rental.

The Nucks are so far behind the eight ball that in order to get good players sometime before Horvat is ready to retire, deals will have to be overpaid. Help two teams make the playoffs and one team to rebuild while improving this team over the next two years.

Sedins re-sign and are third line players with PP time, still mentors and now on a team with more than just a glimmer of hope.

Edmonton with Tanev (playoff experience), right handed, a positive offensive zone stats engine.
Colorado with prospect Virtanen playing with MacKinnon and a draft pick or two.
Florida with more solid defence or an instant 2nd/3rd line and additional PP plus cap relief, 3 1000 pt players to help market that are still better than average. Sedin to Sedin to Jagr, pp GOAL. For a player that has hardly played this year.

Desperate times require desperate and out of the box thinking, Gretzky was traded.

(2017-02-05, 10:13 PM)Highstyx Wrote:
(2017-02-05, 05:24 PM)Nipsy Wrote: The team needs a new identity.
That is fact.
As long as the Sedins are our first line, the identity will be status quo.

Making trades at the deadline combined with the vegas draft will be tricky, and I can see a lot of teams standing pat to see how things develop.
I can see After the free agency frenzy, teams will start shaping their rosters through trades, and bringing in more youth.
At that point, the Nucks will be able to take on salary, play young guys like Virt, Boesser Juolevi and Subban, and the change in culture can begin.

And that is when the Sedins need to step back, right from the beginning of next year, to third and fourth line minutes. Stop leading, and start supporting.
Guys like Horvat and Sutter need to step up and take over, and create a new generation of winning culture, and they need ice time and success to do it.

The Sedins are showing their age, their foot speed has dropped considerably, their back check is non existent, and their cycle only works against tired lines. I adore them both, but it's time.

Time for a new identity.

You totally nailed it. Henrik should be on a third line with Burrows and Skilley. Daniel sits and Grenier with Sutter and Granlund.
 Hansen with Bo and Bearcheese,
 then Gaunce and LABATE with Megna. Daniel can sit, because he has one goal in last 20 games. DONE. wake up

I like tough teams and hate the soft ones.. We are soft

I agree with the assessment of the team identity.

However, until more players than Horvat emerge as front line players the Sedins set the tone. I think they are willing to take a lesser role but as long as new leadership is not there they will do their best for the team and what else can we demand from them. The idea that the Sedins are holding the rebuild up is foolishness.

The part I disagree with is that Grenier and Labate are going to be that leadership. Playing "old fashioned" hockey presumably means the old Bruins or the old Flyers. The league simply doesn't play that way anymore nor do Bettman and his cronies want that. It's a speed game now and at least Benning is drafting guys that can skate for the most part.

Agree but it is Linden's foolishness, a total disregard to the fans and the foolishness can go either way for the Sedins.

Either too much regard to the Sedins
or
Not enough to offer them a chance at a cup with another team.

The current team is already almost half AHLers, they may be fast but it is that little bit that makes the difference between the NHL and AHL that keeps them 3rd and 4th liners. Chabot was over, or is almost a point per game guy in the AHL, Vey is almost a super star down there.

I am sure that some where in his thoughts of marketing is the fans will flock to buy season tickets to watch Daniel get to the 1000 pt mark.
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it!
Thanks given by:
Here are other ideas,
Edmonton;
Markstrom, Tanev, and one of Biega, Sbisa, Gubranson, Pedan and Columbus's 2nd and Canucks 2017 2nd
for
Poolparty, RNH, Gustavsson and Slepyshev/Benson.

Gustavsson is basically a salary dump, he is in the minors.
Pooparty, Benson and Slepyshev aren't regulars or on the NHL team and most "skill" spots are filled.
Add to trade to make it work, FOR Edmonton, to help them get to the show.

Winnipeg;

Markstrom, Sbisa,
for
Joel Armia, Ondrej Pavelec, and 2018 3rd pick.

The Nucks will have to/should trade a goalie(s), there are a couple of teams where Markstrom is a big upgrade for a back up or even challenge the starter and he has no clauses. Miller for a pick. Packaging increases value and return.
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it!
Thanks given by:
(2017-02-06, 04:14 PM)TheGuardian Wrote:
(2017-02-06, 09:58 AM)Marsh Wrote:
(2017-02-04, 02:08 PM)TheGuardian Wrote: I knew when I posted the thread that it was sooo EAish, but I did anyway.

Look all the teams those players play for could be improved by trading for players the Nucks have.

The Canuck desperate need is for first line players and real second line players, not likely to happen anytime soon if drafting unless the team decides being in the bottom of the league for a decade is a good idea.

It has been known for quite awhile that Edmonton wants/needs a right handed dman and they did trade established player, Hall, for a lefty. In a couple of years they will be pressured by the cap so moving Pooparty is not giving up on him, they still remember Yakapov. Offer up Tanev.

Landeskog, what's the problem there? Colorado is dangling him out there and needs everything, throw Virtanen and a draft pick at them.

Barkov has hardly played due to injury and if not him then Huberdeau. Florida didn't fire the coach just to sit back and watch the playoffs, they are/will make a big push to not only get in the show but also make a dent. They could use Gubranson/Pedan/Edler (who might waive his NTC to get a pay increase) maybe even convince the twins to go there for a season in the sun with no taxes and then re-sign here, a little more than a rental.

The Nucks are so far behind the eight ball that in order to get good players sometime before Horvat is ready to retire, deals will have to be overpaid. Help two teams make the playoffs and one team to rebuild while improving this team over the next two years.

Sedins re-sign and are third line players with PP time, still mentors and now on a team with more than just a glimmer of hope.

Edmonton with Tanev (playoff experience), right handed, a positive offensive zone stats engine.
Colorado with prospect Virtanen playing with MacKinnon and a draft pick or two.
Florida with more solid defence or an instant 2nd/3rd line and additional PP plus cap relief, 3 1000 pt players to help market that are still better than average. Sedin to Sedin to Jagr, pp GOAL. For a player that has hardly played this year.

Desperate times require desperate and out of the box thinking, Gretzky was traded.

(2017-02-05, 10:13 PM)Highstyx Wrote:
(2017-02-05, 05:24 PM)Nipsy Wrote: The team needs a new identity.
That is fact.
As long as the Sedins are our first line, the identity will be status quo.

Making trades at the deadline combined with the vegas draft will be tricky, and I can see a lot of teams standing pat to see how things develop.
I can see After the free agency frenzy, teams will start shaping their rosters through trades, and bringing in more youth.
At that point, the Nucks will be able to take on salary, play young guys like Virt, Boesser Juolevi and Subban, and the change in culture can begin.

And that is when the Sedins need to step back, right from the beginning of next year, to third and fourth line minutes. Stop leading, and start supporting.
Guys like Horvat and Sutter need to step up and take over, and create a new generation of winning culture, and they need ice time and success to do it.

The Sedins are showing their age, their foot speed has dropped considerably, their back check is non existent, and their cycle only works against tired lines. I adore them both, but it's time.

Time for a new identity.

You totally nailed it. Henrik should be on a third line with Burrows and Skilley. Daniel sits and Grenier with Sutter and Granlund.
 Hansen with Bo and Bearcheese,
 then Gaunce and LABATE with Megna. Daniel can sit, because he has one goal in last 20 games. DONE. wake up

I like tough teams and hate the soft ones.. We are soft

I agree with the assessment of the team identity.

However, until more players than Horvat emerge as front line players the Sedins set the tone. I think they are willing to take a lesser role but as long as new leadership is not there they will do their best for the team and what else can we demand from them. The idea that the Sedins are holding the rebuild up is foolishness.

The part I disagree with is that Grenier and Labate are going to be that leadership. Playing "old fashioned" hockey presumably means the old Bruins or the old Flyers. The league simply doesn't play that way anymore nor do Bettman and his cronies want that. It's a speed game now and at least Benning is drafting guys that can skate for the most part.

Agree but it is Linden's foolishness, a total disregard to the fans and the foolishness can go either way for the Sedins.

Either too much regard to the Sedins
or
Not enough to offer them a chance at a cup with another team.

The current team is already almost half AHLers, they may be fast but it is that little bit that makes the difference between the NHL and AHL that keeps them 3rd and 4th liners. Chabot was over, or is almost a point per game guy in the AHL, Vey is almost a super star down there.

I am sure that some where in his thoughts of marketing is the fans will flock to buy season tickets to watch Daniel get to the 1000 pt mark.

Tell me which budding stars the Sedins are keeping out of the lineup? And no, it ain't Labate or Grenier.

Those kind of changes are small potatoes. The turnaround is going to be when some majorly talented youngsters are ready for the NHL. And they play them when they call them up.
How to start an argument on the internet: 1) Post something. 2) Wait.
Thanks given by: