Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prospects Thread 2016-17
(2016-10-23, 05:40 PM)Canucksfansince1989 Wrote: If you really want to be impressed by Adam Gaudette and William Lockwood, just look at their stats and compare it to those first-rounders who were picked from the USHL and NCAA the year they were drafted.

Lockwood is actually pegged to be more of a third or fourth line banger, a Matt Cooke type of player (without the intentional blind-side hits to the head).

Max Jones and Clifford Pu are tearing it up in the OHL. Isn't it interesting that every 1st line that plays with Juolevi dominates?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Think you're reaching a bit there CF1989 Wink

Those 2 were due for big years (including Juolevi of course) because they're heading into their draft+1 year and they already had impressive year last year. They're essentially getting the bulk of minutes replacing London's top line last year of Tkachuk-Marner-Dvorak.
Thanks given by:
Yes, you caught me in my John Garrett moment. Lol. That being said, I think Olli will be the type of defenseman who will be much better than his stats show.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-24, 10:37 PM)Canucksfansince1989 Wrote: Yes, you caught me in my John Garrett moment.

Had some Kraft Dinner yesterday, perhaps?  Wink
Thanks given by:
Boeser named the NCHC Offensive Player of the Week for the second time in 3 weeks.

Brett MKenzie named to Team OHL for the Canada/Russia series.

Thanks given by:
Can't wait to see this guy in a Nucks uni next season. Imagine if we won the lottery last year? Imagine a top line of Matthews and Boeser? sigh...

Thanks given by:
Good read.

Thanks given by:
On the brightside, one prospect is picking it up.

Thatcher Demko, despite an awful start to the year, has been getting better it would appear. GAA finally getting under 3.00 and Save % getting close to over .900.

If there is anybody I want scouting reports about over the next year or so, it is Thatcher.
Thanks given by:
It seems like goalies generally have had trouble adjusting to Rollie's style, Luongo didn't look good his first year, Miller the same, the only goalie who didn't need a significant amount of adjustment time was Schneider but he was a freak of nature.

Plus Utica is pretty terrible this year. I'm not even looking at Demko's numbers this year.
I’ll be polite... right up until I’m rude
- Ash Williams (2015)
Thanks given by:
(2016-11-29, 11:57 PM)Bure Wrote: It seems like goalies generally have had trouble adjusting to Rollie's style, Luongo didn't look good his first year, Miller the same, the only goalie who didn't need a significant amount of adjustment time was Schneider but he was a freak of nature.

Plus Utica is pretty terrible this year. I'm not even looking at Demko's numbers this year.

The most important thing to me about a goalie, and well more important than stats, is their psyche. That is so important to a goalie's development. Remember how much crap Price took after the Canadiens traded Halak after his 2010 playoff run and Price's reaction after his first bad exhibition game?

Conversely, remember Clouts's breakdown after the Lidstrom goal?

Great goalies handle adversity well it seems and can handle pressure.
Thanks given by:
Vancouver Canucks

@Canucks

Guillaume Brisebois, #Canucks 2015 draft selection, has been named to Team Canada's World Junior evaluation squad. Congrats, @jrbreezer_21!
9:30 AM - 29 Nov 2016
Thanks given by:
So "brise bois" would be French for to "cut wood" -- excellent name for a (Johnny) Canuck! Happy
Thanks given by:
How's Subban looking down in the A? Virtanen? Dare I mention - Cole Cassels?

Pav said Utica is a weaker team so far this season, so am curious to know how some of the prospects are playing (ideally more than just a stat line), where does everyone on this forum gather their Intel from in regards to the prospects?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2016-11-30, 02:05 PM)RichmondNuck Wrote: How's Subban looking down in the A? Virtanen? Dare I mention - Cole Cassels?

Pav said Utica is a weaker team so far this season, so am curious to know how some of the prospects are playing (ideally more than just a stat line), where does everyone on this forum gather their Intel from in regards to the prospects?

Haven't watched any games myself so this is just regurgitating from fans of the team but it sounds pretty grim in Utica these days. Cassels is barely worth conversation right now, Virtanen has been nearly invisible since he's been down, the question was asked if he's the best player on Utica? The answer was he's the third best player on his line, a line that consists of Curtis Valk and Darren Archibald. 

Subban has probably been one of the few bright spots. Sounds like he's a lot of fun to watch and he creates something almost every time he's out there. Still some mistakes but looking pretty good.
- Ash Williams (2015)
Thanks given by:
Dec 2, 2016

Virtanen scores his first goal in AHL, end-to-end rush.

Goaltender Thatcher Demko goaltender has turned a corner as of late and has posted a 4-1-0-0 record, along with a 2.15 goals against average, and a .927 save percentage in his last five appearances, one in relief of Bachman. The San Diego, CA native started the season with a record of 0-3-1-0, a 3.74 goals against average, and a .861 save percentage.
How to start an argument on the internet: 1) Post something. 2) Wait.
Thanks given by:
That goal will be huge for Jake. It has to be close to a calendar year since he's scored a goal during any sort if game.
- Ash Williams (2015)
Thanks given by:
(2016-11-30, 02:05 PM)RichmondNuck Wrote: How's Subban looking down in the A? Virtanen? Dare I mention - Cole Cassels?

Ever since firing Lorne Henning, the Comets have went to shit.

Great environment to put your kids in.
Thanks given by:
Demko is on a serious roll. He's singlehandedly carrying the Comets.

Thanks given by:
(2016-12-08, 04:23 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: Demko is on a serious roll. He's singlehandedly carrying the Comets.

Canucks will have a tough call next year if he keeps this up. Do you bring up Demko in a backup roll or keep developing him and give him a huge workload in Utica.
- Ash Williams (2015)
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-08, 09:12 PM)Bure Wrote: Canucks will have a tough call next year if he keeps this up. Do you bring up Demko in a backup roll or keep developing him and give him a huge workload in Utica.

He's still 1-2 years away after this year in the AHL imo. Expect his number to decline a bit later on, Demko will need to adjust to the full grind of a full season coming from college.

Anyways, with Markstrom looking like a solid NHL goalie, Demko should be slow-cooked in the minors.
Thanks given by: SAVARYGUY
I would say one more full year in the AHL as well. Give Markstrom a chance as the starter for a full-season and give Demko some games just to get his feet wet. But his development is great news.
Thanks given by: