Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puljujarvi Makes his 1st appearence for the condors tonight/ Monitor Thread as well
Well this is one kid I definitely want to keep track of and how he is doing in Bakersfield.

Tonight is his debut vs San Antonio at home.

I hope he excels and gets some big confidence!!!!!
Thanks given by:
I'm not actually expecting him to put up huge numbers - yes, he should definitely produce but I don't think he'll be a PPG guy - that's simply a function of not really having great players to play with.

With Lander and Slep up who will he play with?

Beck is an AHL stud but they are both right wingers.

I think the top center is JJ and, while he is likely NHL ready, he's not an offensive dynamo.
Thanks given by:
Looks like JP is slated to play with Khaira and Laleggia - this Laleggia at forward experiment seems to have some legs.
Thanks given by:
I hope he had a good chat with Leon before departing the big squad.
Thanks given by:
This is the right thing for the Oil to do. Develop the kid. You guys have rushed enough guys to the big club. Slow cooked in the minors is not a bad thing in the long run. I am glad to see the Oil doing that with this kid for his well being.

As an opposing fan I would have preferred you guys destroying an another elite prospect. Damn, you guys. Wink

As I say this can you give Kaira away back to his home town for a 7th rounder Wink
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 08:34 PM)poppabyrd Wrote: I hope he had a good chat with Leon before departing the big squad.

I hope Leon can speak Finnish.
Thanks given by:
Can't they speak European to each other?
Thanks given by: Fritz
(2017-01-10, 08:42 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Can't they speak European to each other?

Pouz, it's Europanese.
Thanks given by: Pouzar , Pouzar
I hope they had a good discussion with a handy interpreter present.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 08:44 PM)poppabyrd Wrote: I hope they had a good discussion with a handy interpreter present.

Named Iiro Pakarinan!
Thanks given by: poppabyrd
Oh yeah, I forgot, the average European speaks 18 languages.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 08:40 PM)topgun Wrote: This is the right thing for the Oil to do. Develop the kid. You guys have rushed enough guys to the big club. Slow cooked in the minors is not a bad thing in the long run. I am glad to see the Oil doing that with this kid for his well being.

As an opposing fan I would have preferred you guys destroying an another elite prospect. Damn, you guys. Wink

As I say this can you give Kaira away back to his home town for a 7th rounder Wink
How is it that you know EDM has hindered a players development by playing in the NHL?

Who are you referring to?

What is your comparison/point of reference?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 08:54 PM)BlueMountain Wrote:
(2017-01-10, 08:40 PM)topgun Wrote: This is the right thing for the Oil to do. Develop the kid. You guys have rushed enough guys to the big club. Slow cooked in the minors is not a bad thing in the long run. I am glad to see the Oil doing that with this kid for his well being.

How is it that you know EDM has hindered a players development by playing in the NHL?

Yak and Eb are at the top of my mind. Both have elite skills but haven't developed as they should have. I always thought that they had WAY more upside. I think many Oil fans have said similar things on the boards.

I apologize as an opposing fan that I may be seen as trolling. That's the furthest thing that I intended. I was just complimenting your management in getting playing time for JP. I will politely bow out of this thread now my friend.

You have a nice evening.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 09:04 PM)topgun Wrote:
(2017-01-10, 08:54 PM)BlueMountain Wrote:

Yak and Eb are at the top of my mind. Both have elite skills but haven't developed as they should have. I always thought that they had WAY more upside. I think many Oil fans have said similar things on the boards.

I apologize as an opposing fan that I may be seen as trolling. That's the furthest thing that I intended. I was just complimenting your management in getting playing time for JP. I will politely bow out of this thread now my friend.

You have a nice evening.
I didn't think you were trolling, just curious.

It's a pretty hard thing to determine...There is no way of actually knowing.

Thanks given by:
Eberle was drafted 22nd overall.

He was sent back to junior for two seasons post draft.

He had a 76 point season in his 2nd NHL season.

He has settled in as a top 10 RW as far as production in the 65 point range.

Not to be defensive, but how has this player not reached his draft-day potential? He wasn't a high first rounder.

I think he was developed properly - 76 points in the your 2nd NHL season kind of shows that.
Thanks given by:
Eberle has exceeded his expectations based on where he was drafted.

Yak has been a complete bust
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 09:23 PM)CTS Wrote: Eberle has exceeded his expectations based on where he was drafted.

Yak has been a complete bust

Even Yak as a rookie was in the mix for the Calder trophy. He wasn't rushed or ruined by the Oilers, he was just.... Yakupov.

We've had 4 1st overalls, and like most 1st overalls, they go right into the NHL.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, Yak's issue is between the ears.

Not much you can do about that.
Thanks given by:
1 assist for JP so far tonight - game in third period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Where is Yak now?
Thanks given by: