Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RATW's one-year anniversary
(2014-12-11, 01:02 PM)RyeRocks Wrote: I tried hard to lure as many from SN to here before SN collapsed, but not everyone got the hints.  At then end, they weren't even hints..

When SN actually collapsed, I should have contacted LA and asked him for the forum's email address list, or not even to give it to me, but perhaps ask him to send out one last email to the entire membership to say farewell and to mention RATW in the email.  Pretty sure he wouldn't have done it, and Rogers would have rejected the idea as well, but who knows..

As nice a guy as LA/Chas was, he was strangely possessive of Snet even when he knew it was on its way out.

Possessive and delusional...much more delusional than all (but 2 of you) know... Sad

Unless Rogers themselves didn't want that info divulged, which would be odd since they were no longer a competitor.
Why is common sense not so common?
Thanks given by:
Rogers was and is still trying to build a comment area for articles, so I can understand why they wouldn't have permitted it. And LA was pretty loyal to Rogers, minus him allowing users to email me for the RATW URL... which LA was kind enough to assist with. But even then, he was very regiment as to how it all went down, and got pretty pissy about it at the very end.
Thanks given by:
The end was bad they drove the old IT guys out for not being able to fix the Jive site and replaced them with people that didn't give a shit about us.

I think LA just quit at the end and considering the crap Rogers was pulling I can't blame him it was an epic mess.

The new Wordpress site they launched at the end could have been made to look and work just as well as this site here but because it meant doing a lot of code work we were told that the layout they had at the end would have to do.

I think they tried to fix the load more post bar failed then tried to go with pages failed at that too.

I think I can sum it up with 2 words Rogers Sucks.
“See the TURTLE, ain't he keen? All things serve the!@#$%^& Beam.”

Thanks given by:
(2014-12-28, 07:17 PM)Doppelganger Wrote: The new Wordpress site they launched at the end could have been made to look and work just as well as this site here but because it meant doing a lot of code work we were told that the layout they had at the end would have to do.

yes and no.  Yes, it could have been eventually turned into a site that mimic'd a forum, but then if that was the case, they wouldn't have gone with wordpress.  They wanted a comment board, not a forum.. and in the end they didn't care when it all imploded.  Some even suggested they wanted it to implode so they could do away with the hassles of a forum and lack of 'unique visitors'.\

Either way, I don't think LA would have been receptive to giving me a mailing list.  His rope was at an end with RATW a few weeks before SN collapsed.
Thanks given by:
Strange that LA would remain loyal...even though he found out they had been keeping him in the dark about the overall plan, i.e. lying to him.

Also, I'd be surprised if anyone at Rogers is delusional enough to really believe the comments section in the Articles would be able to rival a fill-fledged discussion forum.
Why is common sense not so common?
Thanks given by:
I think Rogers and delusional are an apt pairing after watching last year's embarrassment unfold.
Thanks given by: