Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raptors get hosed again

This is bullshit.  How often does the clock start at the exact time that it's supposed to when it's a human that controls it?  Their reaction time isn't going to be spot on.  That shouldn't have been overturned.  At the very least it should've been replayed like it usually is when the clock malfunctions.  NBA officiating is such a joke.

And apparently there should have been 3.3 seconds left instead of 2.4

Thanks given by:
wow...

bush league stuff there...

all Ross has to go on, is the timer above the net, and he released before time expired.

Raps indeed got hosed.
Thanks given by:
Apparently, the Raps are filing a formal protest...

Which means nothing really...not like they will change anything. It will still end in a Raptors loss. Even if they turnover the call, it would have been a tie...so can't give the the Raps a win.
Thanks given by:
So...league has confirmed that the "correct call" was made.

Bullshit.
Thanks given by:
This could be a slippery slope for the NBA if it's upheld.  From now on when there is a buzzer beating shot are they going to have to look at when the clock started, even if there was 20s left in the play?  Where do they draw the line?  This sets a bad precedence.

Saw this interesting tweet from TheScore.  It looks like T.Ross may have gotten the shot off in time regardless.

Thanks given by:
I stopped it right at the right moment. The ball was up in the air at 00.1 seconds. They got hosed big time.
Thanks given by:
And I don;t watch Basketball. Used to back in the 90's Jordan Pippen Bull days. Raps had the tie in that game Its BS.
Thanks given by:
Official protest filed with league last night, costs the Raptors 10K to file it, which they will get back if they win. League has 5 days to review it and make a decision.
Thanks given by:
Not expecting anything from the protest...

League already...quickly...sided with their officials...and said the right call was made
Thanks given by:
Even if they win the protest I think all they get is a replay of 2.5 seconds, not automatic OT
Thanks given by:
The Nuggets were denied a protest despite the league admitting the call was wrong. Icon_rolleyes

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1164165...-was-wrong

The NBA has denied the Denver Nuggets' protest of their 108-107 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies on Nov. 8.
The protest stemmed from Denver's stance that Memphis was incorrectly awarded possession of the ball with 0.7 seconds left in regulation.

During the game, the on-court ruling was upheld after the NBA Replay Center confirmed that Denver's Emmanuel Mudiay touched the ball last before it went out of bounds. The Grizzlies then proceeded to win the game on Marc Gasol's buzzer-beating tip-in off the inbounds pass.

Despite the league's ruling Tuesday, it conceded that Replay Center officials in New Jersey should've reviewed other camera angles, something they avoided in an effort to resume the game.

From a NBA email:
Following the game, one of those angles made clear that Mudiay did not in fact touch the ball and that possession should have been awarded to Denver ... The league determined that while the out-of-bounds call was incorrect, it was an error in judgment by the Replay Center official and not a misapplication of the playing rules - which is required under league rules to justify the extraordinary remedy of granting a game protest and overturning the game’s result.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I think I read something earlier about how no one has won a protest in the NBA since the early 80's lol
Thanks given by:
The Heat won a protest in '08 after Shaq was incorrectly fouled out of a game.

http://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=3192421
Thanks given by:
(2016-11-24, 11:34 AM)Gus Wrote: The Heat won a protest in '08 after Shaq was incorrectly fouled out of a game.

http://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=3192421

Well then maybe it was only 1 protest had been won since the early 80's. I couldn't remember if it was no one, or only one. 82-83 season was mentioned.
Thanks given by:
Not sure about the call but pretty sure that was a Sacremento Kings broadcast. They saw no problem at all. In fact they expected the non-basket call.
I have sex daily. I mean dyslexia.
Thanks given by:
To the surprise of no one, the protest has been denied.

League basically saying "F You, suck it up"

Total bullshit
Thanks given by:
The Raptors were screwed over, no questions asked.

However, in regards to the appeal, the league had their hands tied.
"Larry Bird isn't white, he's clear" - Bill Murray
Thanks given by:
It sounds like the Raptors argued that the play shouldn't have been reviewed?  That doesn't make much sense to me since it was a buzzer beater, which are almost always reviewed.  If that was their only argument, I don't know why they even bothered protesting.
Thanks given by:
They argued that the "clock malfunction" shouldn't have been reviewed. Might've been all they were allowed to protest.

And with the NBA not overturning it, they've now told the entire NBA that clock manipulation is ok.
Thanks given by: