Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ring of Honour - Bryan Murray
So today, Eugene announced a Ring of Honour:

http://www.thescore.com/news/1184946

The Ottawa Senators announced Friday that the club will unveil a Ring of Honor to recognize key figures in the team's history, with former coach and general manager Bryan Murray as its first inductee..

The Ring of Honor will include an in-arena display on pillars in the 300 level of the Canadian Tire Centre. Future inductees, as chosen by the Ottawa Senators Player Honoring Committee, will be located on subsequent pillars.

----------------------

Like it's nice, but I mean, I don't know how much of a key figure Murray has been other than coaching us to the SCF only to lose horribly in 5 games.

Everything else since he's taken over as GM has just been bad.
Thanks given by:
yeah, makes me realize our ring of honor kinda sucks
Thanks given by:
More like the Ring of Fire.

Or Toilet Ring.

Anyways this a Grade A example of how the local "hockey mafia" has sucked Murray's ass for so long, never held him accountable and we have this meddling hockey team as a result.
Thanks given by:
Jacques Martin is more deserving...
Thanks given by:
Not much to chose from the GMs. Muckler had the second longest tenure (5 years), the rest were barely here long enough for a cup of coffee.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ot...l_managers

You know Melnyk is going to have a pillar. (and he'll charge 25¢ a gander)
Thanks given by:
Alfredsson and Phillips are gimmes, but who else?
Unless they crack open the history books with Clancy and Finnegan, I'm stumped.
Thanks given by:
It doesn't have to be a GM. Martin should get one for sure. And I think Neil will get one.

Redden deserves a spot too.

Next would be Hossa and Spezza, but Redden seems like a good spot to draw the line.
Thanks given by:
Nice to have a ring of honour for the next 5 years.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Maybe Bruce Firestone, Sexton, and Leeder as builders/developers. Rob Bryden?

Yeah, maybe Redden too. Eleven seasons with the team should count for something.
I was never much of a fan of his.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-17, 09:34 AM)PaliSENS Wrote: Nice to have a ring of honour for the next 5 years.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I thiught I heard Melnyk say it would be something that gets incorporated in to any new building they may build.
Thanks given by:
I think the team should wait longer to accumulate more history, cups, and legendary players. It's too early for this right now. Shit, I'm older than the team.
Thanks given by:
They probably did it this way because they knew they would do it eventually and they wanted to honour Murray while he's still here.

Not like the Pat Burns fiasco for the Hall of Fame - those guys should be ashamed of themselves.
Thanks given by: andreroy
(2016-12-17, 06:58 PM)TheNumber13 Wrote: I think the team should wait longer to accumulate more history, cups, and legendary players. It's too early for this right now. Shit, I'm older than the team.

as a Toronto fan, you should know that waiting doesn't produce results.

zing!
Guess what? I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!
Thanks given by: Really?
(2016-12-18, 02:06 PM)Koymenella Wrote: They probably did it this way because they knew they would do it eventually and they wanted to honour Murray while he's still here.

Not like the Pat Burns fiasco for the Hall of Fame - those guys should be ashamed of themselves.

What happened?
Thanks given by:
They didn't elect Pat Burns to the Hall of Fame until after he died. Even though everyone thought he should be in the Hall and they had a chance to put him in while he was still alive.

Bunch of jerks.
Thanks given by: TheNumber13