Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Roster updates
Some movement between the farm and the big club today:
Thanks given by:
Edit
Thanks given by:
3 G's: Goldobin ill, Gaunce hurt, Grenier gets the call-up.
Thanks given by:
Drew Shore,   Kind of a large right handed centre.       My guess is Sutter might get shut down for the year.   

VANCOUVER – The Vancouver Canucks signed forward Drew Shore for the remainder of the 2016-17 season on Sunday.
Shore, 26, earned a team-high 48 points and 24 goals in 50 games for Kloten HC of the Swiss-A League this season. His 24 assists on the year ranks second on the team.
Shore appeared in two games for the Calgary Flames and 59 games for the AHL Stockton Heat during the 2015-16 season. He led all Heat skaters with 28 assists while his 38 points ranked fourth on the team.
Shore has 24 points, including nine goals, and 24 penalty minutes in 80 career NHL games split between Calgary and Florida.
Before making his professional debut in 2012, Shore skated in 123 games with the University of Denver, scoring 118 points (50 goals). He helped Denver to three consecutive NCAA Tournament appearances during his three-year career.
Shore was selected by Florida in the second round, 44th overall, at the 2009 draft.
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Thanks given by:
(2017-02-28, 05:04 PM)abdemarco Wrote: Some movement between the farm and the big club today:

I think they should trade this guy. It's obvious they have no intention of every playing him.
Phill 2:10-11 
Thanks given by:
Drew Shore. 6-2, 205 and Canadian/American. I like it. See if he can do something up here. 26 yr old though. I don't like us loading up of soft European players. Some yeah, Ohlund, Hansen, etc

but Cherry is right. Canadians have the will to win, and a lot of the off shorers don't. eg Erickson. Now he has this nice fat juicy contract, and he is coasting. I see on enthusiasm in this guy at all.
Phill 2:10-11 
Thanks given by:
Some news. I'll let you decide if it's good or bad:
Thanks given by:
(2017-03-20, 03:35 PM)abdemarco Wrote: Some news.  I'll let you decide if it's good or bad:

WTF is goin on with this team and food poisoning?????

Are they picking up their sushi from BillyBobs Gas n Go???

I've never been there before, but once I went there twice...
Thanks given by:
(2017-03-20, 04:37 PM)SAVARYGUY Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 03:35 PM)abdemarco Wrote: Some news.  I'll let you decide if it's good or bad:

WTF is goin on with this team and food poisoning?????

Are they picking up their sushi from BillyBobs Gas n Go???

how the F do rich guys get food poisoning and mumps?      Jezus people.....cook yur chicken and don't leave the prawns out all day.
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Thanks given by:
(2017-03-20, 08:35 PM)shoes Wrote: how the F do rich guys get food poisoning and mumps?      Jezus people.....cook yur chicken and don't leave the prawns out all day.

Meh.  

I got sick from Minami in Yaletown.  
No one else at the table did.  And one even had the same thing as me.   

Everything tasted fine.  
Then the puking started about 3 hours later.  

Mumps?  I blame the non-vaxers   Wink
Mostly Harmless
Thanks given by:
More news:
Thanks given by:
That's it Willie, let the kid score and then give him only 1 more shift the rest of the game. TOI 5 minutes Wink
Thanks given by:
(2017-03-23, 01:36 PM)topgun Wrote: That's it Willie, let the kid score and then give him only 1 more shift the rest of the game. TOI 5 minutes Wink

Didn't we win that game Top?

Thanks given by:
Yeah let's put one of our most skilled young player on a line with Sutter and Skille Laugh What a joke of a coach. Will Goldy even get PP time tonight?

Just lose every game already.

Thanks given by:
Move over Harrison! Time for you to step off the top of the misery podium. Silly

You're not nearly the drag Canuxxx has become., the new forum champion. Grin

BTW I've decided to counter your voodoo doll, Canuxxx.
I'm making one of you. If you have stomach pains at any point, let me know it's working.
And you might want to keep away from restaurant food for a while. Wink
Mostly Harmless
Thanks given by:
(2017-03-23, 05:18 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: Yeah let's put one of our most skilled young player on a line with Sutter and Skille Laugh What a joke of a coach. Will Goldy even get PP time tonight?

Hahahaha... 

Ok Coach Canuxxx, 

Here's your lineup of forwards for tonights game... Give us YOUR lines...  

Henrik, Daniel, Sutter, Horvat, Baertschi, Labate, Biega, Skille, Goldobin, Boucher, Chaput and Shore... 

Of course, I don't need to tell you that Goldobin is just coming back after a long illness and during that illness he was unable to practice with a team he's just recently been traded to... 

And go!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks given by:
(2017-03-23, 07:53 PM)SAVARYGUY Wrote:
(2017-03-23, 05:18 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: Yeah let's put one of our most skilled young player on a line with Sutter and Skille Laugh What a joke of a coach. Will Goldy even get PP time tonight?

Hahahaha... 

Ok Coach Canuxxx, 

Here's your lineup of forwards for tonights game... Give us YOUR lines...  

Henrik, Daniel, Sutter, Horvat, Baertschi, Labate, Biega, Skille, Goldobin, Boucher, Chaput and Shore... 

Of course, I don't need to tell you that Goldobin is just coming back after a long illness and during that illness he was unable to practice with a team he's just recently been traded to... 

And go!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, no wonder we lost... 

I guess Coach Canuxxx just stood back and said... Ok Boys, First 3 over the boards is line 1...   Silly

Thanks given by:
If i was coaching this team i would pull the goalie in the 1st Grin

Thanks given by:
(2017-03-24, 02:50 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: If i was coaching this team i would pull the goalie in the 1st Grin

I'm sure WD feels like doing that from time to time too Wink ... but he usually ends up putting lines together with the players he has on the roster... just like he did last night...

So, all goalie pulling tactics aside, how would Coach Canuxxx have approached last nights game... LINES wise?

I only ask because last night it was you, Coach Canuxxx, that described WD as a "joke of a coach"... and if this is true, surely you must have a few NON JOKEY Silly  thoughts on the subject... ( and I will refrain from calling you Shirley... Grin ) 

And just to be clear,  I'm only looking for you to put 4 forward lines together based on last nights Canuck roster.  No need for you to go into great detail about the other aspects of NHL coaching. 

And Go!!!!

Thanks given by: