Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumour: (FALSE) Edwin signs with Astros - 5 yr 115 million
Just a rumour but it has legs on twitter right now.
Thanks given by:
[Image: XCCbwFL9_bigger.png] Rick Westhead Verified account @rwesthead
Edwin Encarnacion’s agent says report of Edwin signing w/ Houston is FALSE. “We’re talking to teams. That reporter didn’t even call me."

may just be deflection until news is official...but agent is denying.

http://www.bluejaysrepublic.com/2016/11/...on-astros/
Thanks given by:
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/11/ed...ejays.html

TODAY, 9:13pm: In further comments, Kinzer says that he does not expect a deal to be completed before the Winter Meetings, though he notes that could change if the right offer hits the table. (Via Mark Berman of FOX 26; Twitter links.)

While there has been some internet chatter suggesting that there’s a deal in place with the Astros, Kinzer denies the rumors. He does call Houston a “great fit” from Encarnacion’s perspective, though, and acknowledges that there is interest from the team.

6:16pm: There’s “nothing imminent” on Encarnacion, Kinzer tells MLB Network’s Jon Morosi (links to Twitter). More than one team is still involved on the veteran slugger, per his agent, with multiple offers on the table.

The Astros and Yankees are believed still to be in the hunt, Morosi adds.

YESTERDAY: Edwin Encarnacion’s free agency may not last much longer, as the slugger’s agent, Paul Kinzer, told TSN’s Rick Westhead today that his client will probably agree to a contract later this week or early next week. Kinzer told Westhead that the Blue Jays remain in the picture and have been “showing Edwin the most love,” though the agent didn’t handicap any one team’s chances of getting a deal done. According to Kinzer, three teams have told him that they’re waiting for the resolution of the collective bargaining negotiations before making a formal offer. He added that two teams have made “serious” offers to Encarnacion already.
Thanks given by:
As I said yesterday, Houston signing EE doesnt really make a whole lot of sense as they have no real place to play him. Stranger things have happened but the fact that none of the majorly connected MLB reporters have this is probably a huge red flag.
Thanks given by:
Now Jays fans can move on, find other players needed to help bring a Championship to Toronto and Canada. It is not the end of the world! I thank EE for his service and wish nothing but the best except for when he plays the Jays in which case may he slip in horse sh.it

Jumped to a wrong conclusion. Thank you to Chris for pointing out the errors of my ways?
Thanks given by:
he hasn't signed yet...and may still choose Toronto.

can't "move on" just yet.
Thanks given by:
I'd be surprised if Edwin signs in the next couple days. Teams will want to take a close look at the new CBA first.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-01, 11:00 AM)Chris D Wrote: he hasn't signed yet...and may still choose Toronto.

can't "move on" just yet.

Thanks Chris for that. Thought it was odd as none of the apps I use is reporting anything concrete. I jumped to false conclusion. So yes still hope. Happy
Thanks given by:
Morosi is saying Astros are "going hard" after EE, and Beltran, and are confident of landing one of them
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf
Well they just signed Beltran, 1 year, 16mil.

Not sure what this means for EE though.
Tears streaming down my cheeks, just take me to Lansdowne Street...
Thanks given by:
If Houston didn't have space for EE before, they certainly don't now.
Thanks given by: