Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
San Jose @ Oil GDT
Yeah, no need to panic about Gus being on the bench.  I'm quite confident that the Ottawa game was the last time we will see him in net for the Oilers.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 03:41 PM)Pouzar Wrote:
(2017-01-10, 03:36 PM)CTS Wrote: So Gustavsson is still the back up?  That didn't accomplish much did it?

Yes, it did - there is a process.

They couldn't add LB to the NHL roster until they assign Gus to the AHL - they can't assign Gus to the AHL until he clears waivers. He's now cleared but there isn't time to get LB here for the game.

I assume you want a back-up goalie available for tonight?

I see. As long as Gustavsson is gone or about to be gone is all I care about!
Thanks given by:
To add to Pouz'a comment, I believe they want LB playing tonight.

No point in rushing him to Edmonton so he can sit on the bench. Let Gus fester and the rest play.
Thanks given by:
In fact, I could actually see them leaving Gus as an Oiler for the next little while - I expect Talbot to start every game until one of the back-to-backs on the 20th/21st. Gus could back-up right up and till those games to allow LB to continue to play in the minors.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 03:50 PM)Pouzar Wrote: In fact, I could actually see them leaving Gus as an Oiler for the next little while - I expect Talbot to start every game until one of the back-to-backs on the 20th/21st.  Gus could back-up right up and till those games to allow LB to continue to play in the minors.

We already tossed a point or 2 out the window the other night. Get him the F out of here ASAP!!!!!!!!  If Talbot were to get wounded right out of the gate tonight we lose ( We may anyways LOL).
The guy is brutal and is not an NHL backup  Send him down NOW.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 03:57 PM)maclintock Wrote:
(2017-01-10, 03:50 PM)Pouzar Wrote: In fact, I could actually see them leaving Gus as an Oiler for the next little while - I expect Talbot to start every game until one of the back-to-backs on the 20th/21st.  Gus could back-up right up and till those games to allow LB to continue to play in the minors.

We already tossed a point or 2 out the window the other night. Get him the F out of here ASAP!!!!!!!!  If Talbot were to get wounded right out of the gate tonight we lose ( We may anyways LOL).

Jesus - calm down.

How is he going to cost us a point sitting up the bench? If he comes on in relief, we are getting killed anyways.

I don't get you - you rag on management for months about not playing JP but you are fine with Brossoit coming up and sitting on the bench for 11 days until he gets to play.

I fully expect them to bring up LB tonight but I assume you can see the hypocrisy in how you want JP and LB treated.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 03:41 PM)Pouzar Wrote:
(2017-01-10, 03:36 PM)CTS Wrote: So Gustavsson is still the back up?  That didn't accomplish much did it?

Yes, it did - there is a process.

They couldn't add LB to the NHL roster until they assign Gus to the AHL - they can't assign Gus to the AHL until he clears waivers.  He's now cleared but there isn't time to get LB here for the game.

I assume you want a back-up goalie available for tonight?

Strap the pads on Pouliot... he doesn't bring much else to the team right now!!  Silly
Apparently, one of the "frothing haters"??  Weird..
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 03:57 PM)maclintock Wrote:

^^^^ This 100%.

The whole point is to have a capable back up ready to go at all times!! Are they gonna have Gustavsson sit on the bench every game, then when we have a back to back, they call up LB for 1 game, then send him back down until the next back to backs? That makes no sense. Talbot shouldn't have to play every single game excpet back to backs. It's ok to give him more rest than that. That's why you have a back up for. This team & their bizarre decisions.
Thanks given by:
They want Brossoit to play as much as possible.

The backup will not see the ice until the next start, presumably a back-to-back situation.

Gus won't play again unless the Oil is being blown out.

Not sure why everyone is freaking out about Gus not being gone yet. He will be soon enough.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Davidson unable to go again tonight - that's quite the flu.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 11:33 AM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote: Vlasic is out today.

Hopefully the Oilers can capitalize.

Gregor is reporting that Vlasic is back in the lineup for tonight.
Thanks given by:
Division lead up for grabs....

Go Oilers !!
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 09:02 PM)PTCree44 Wrote: Division lead up for grabs....

Go Oilers !!

I really hope they come out hard tonight.  Got to make this one count.
Warning:  Brain May not be Engaged.
Thanks given by:
Didn't come out hard tonight.  1-0 San Jose.
Thanks given by:
The Sharks have had a few grade A chances, thank god for Talbot.  Need to pick it up, San Jose is clearly the better team right now.
Thanks given by:
Great goal for Caggulia!
Thanks given by:
Those late goals are killers
Thanks given by:
Burns with a goal and an assist, this guy is a beast.
Thanks given by:
2 shitty strikes on Talbot... He's made some good saves, but those 2 markers were not good in any shape or form.

Bad rebound on the 1st... Didn't fight through the screens on the 2nd.

Hopefully he, & the team bounce back in the final 40mins...
x6
Thanks given by:
Which is precisely why we need 2 goalies, not 1 who are NHL caliber.  .

There's no guarantee Talbot will be stellar every game.  What if he has a bad game?   Are they gonna put Gustavsson back in?

I can't believe he's still here. That's just piss poor management
Thanks given by: