Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
San Jose @ Oil GDT
Nice edit BTW...

& yes, you STILL have NO idea as to what is going on with what I said...

But nice try to start something, which is what you claim most times.

Have a wonderful day... Happy
x6
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 06:00 AM)Moe Szyslak Wrote: I wish this team would learn to win at home.

I think they will learn to as they get a little older, & learn how to start games better...

Plus, they need to be put in a better position by the Coaching staff to do so at times Moe...

Fixing what ain't broke too many times causes confusion & 2nd guessing... You just can't do that with younger more vulnerable hockey players in this day & age. 

Coach Crow needs to be a little more understanding with the Millennials on his his Hockey Club. 

He's not coaching veterans in the Bay anymore, or lunch pail baby boomers from the farm's in Saskatchewan anymore either.

It's a new NHL with these kids...
x6
Thanks given by:
1st period we were terrible.

Talbot had a poor game ( Let in a couple Stinkers)

Out Goalied big time tonight.

Poo Poo was having a very good game ( Best I have seen in a year and a half until that big fat giveaway which  completely takes away from his game.  But maybe some hope form him.  It sure would be nice to see him start scoring a few.

Top line is frightening. Maroon could have easily had another Hatty last night and for sure 2.  McDavid is unbelievable and seems to get better every game with a new move or something that  just wows us.  Nobody ( And that includes the Great one) has ever had the ability to do what this kid does with his peed and the ability to stop dead going 39 KM/HR and go the other way and in 2 strides be going full blast again.  His moves and quikness behind the net are mind boggling!!!!  My god we are lucky to have that kid  Moving forward unless RNH gets off his non scoring ways this team, will need to find a legite #2 C man in the next few that can allow Drai to play on that RW full time.  I love Drai on the dot, but those 2 together are frightening.

Is what it is, but the team has to start scoring more for sure ( Yes that includes the top line that should have had 4 last night if not 5 , were it not for Jones. He is a solid goalie for sure.    

Gotta beat NJ and end this 2 game streak

Please get another goalie or bring up 1.  It freaks me that we do not have the ability or confidence to pull Talbot if having a bad game.
Thanks given by: T.V.
I thought we deserved better, thought Talbot could have been better as well.

They fought hard and Jones was outstanding. Can't ask for much more.

Poor Benning, had such a good game and the look on his face after that misfortunate play, my heart broke for him.
Thanks given by: T.V.
Has McDavid improved his offensive zone cycle game big time since the beginning of the season or is that a function of his linemates the last handful of games? He is awesome on the cycle right now.

I expect Talbot to come back with a very strong game on Thursday against the Devils - if he plays his normal solid game, we likely get at least one point if not two last night.
Thanks given by:
McDavid played over 24 minutes last night.

By my eye, he was given a ton of ice in the third often playing every second shift.

I believe he had about a 90 second shift starting with 2:30 left in the third.

I've got no problem with the amount of ice Connor got last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
I'm going to assume we'll see the Gus for Brossoit swap made official at some point today.
Thanks given by:
We will lend you Babcock for the 1st, we take McLellan for the third?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: poppabyrd
We have to hope & pray Talbot is great for the next 5 games because he's playing every single minute no matter what.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 12:52 AM)T.V. Wrote: Obviously you don't, so don't worry about it...

If you watched the game, you would have noticed the Oilers lost because they seem to think the first period is optional, not because Gustavsson was opening the gate. 

No crow was eaten, the Oilers played like shit for almost 1/2 the game. Having a different backup goalie doesn't change that.
Thanks given by:
Lander has been reassigned to Bakersfield, Khaira recalled. What about LB? Still waiting for that!
Thanks given by:
Lander didn't get much of a chance on this call-up.

It was interesting, he wasn't really even used on the PK all that much (I don't think).

It will be good for Lander to center JP down in Bakersfield - he is a more productive offensive player in the AHL than JJ is.

Hopefully JJ can use his speed and size to create pressure in the offensive zone and turnovers.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 01:50 PM)CTS Wrote: Lander has been reassigned to Bakersfield, Khaira recalled.  What about LB?   Still waiting for that!

I think the Condors play two games this weekend. May as well let LB stay down and get games in.

There is no need to call him up until the Oilers are in a back-to-back situation.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 02:20 PM)cheeserat13 Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 01:50 PM)CTS Wrote: Lander has been reassigned to Bakersfield, Khaira recalled.  What about LB?   Still waiting for that!

I think the Condors play two games this weekend. May as well let LB stay down and get games in.

There is no need to call him up until the Oilers are in a back-to-back situation.

I agree with this post but there was some venom being thrown as this type of thinking - that Gus needs to be gone right now as he can't even be trusted to come in if Talbot is having a bad night.

I can see the logic of this thinking but sometimes the player's continued development needs to be taken in to account - LB sitting on the bench in Edmonton for two weeks until a back to back doesn't help his continued development.

I certainly don't think that Gus on the bench last night cost this team the game - I don't think Talbot would have been pulled even if we had a totally trust-worth back-up.
Thanks given by:
Well, no-one knows that for sure, because there wasn't a capable back-up on the bench...

Just as some people stated here over the past few days, it WAS a factor in the game last night, & it WAS the game before with Gus in the cage.

They were right, & others were wrong, it was, & is as simple as that.

That capable back-up could be Ellis for all we know, it doesn't necessarily have to be L.B. that is called up in this scenario.
x6
Thanks given by:
I think I would prefer for Ellis to get the call, however, Spector was speculating that it will be Brossoit, once it happens, and it will happen, in my opinion.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 06:04 PM)T.V. Wrote: Well, no-one knows that for sure, because there wasn't a capable back-up on the bench...

Just as some people stated here over the past few days, it WAS a factor in the game last night, & it WAS the game before with Gus in the cage.

They were right, & others were wrong, it was, & is as simple as that.

That capable back-up could be Ellis for all we know, it doesn't necessarily have to be L.B. that is called up in this scenario.

So a goalie with 11 career pro games and zero minutes NHL experience should have been up here to relieve Talbot? 

I'm not sure how that is a good idea. Unless we want a young rookie goalie to get the Tyler Bunz experience?
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 06:10 PM)Pouzar Wrote: I think I would prefer for Ellis to get the call, however, Spector was speculating that it will be Brossoit, once it happens, and it will happen, in my opinion.

If he's not going to play much, then I would prefer L.B. to keep playing down here as well.

Let's see what Ellis can do against the Preds... He can't be any worse than the other option.
x6
Thanks given by:
Well, its Brossoit that got that call and I'm assuming he will start against the Preds next weekend.

I'm very happy about Lander to Bakersfield - not that I wasn't happy with him playing a role on the Oilers but he's an elite scoring center in the AHL and I want to see him and JP together down there.
Thanks given by: