Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single Game Alfie Tickets On Sale
If you go to Ticketmaster right now they are on sale, but not a lot remaining. Picked a pair up in the 300s for $260 total. Bit of a rip off, but it's Xmas.
Thanks given by:
How come capitaltickets doesn't sell sens games anymore?

$260 total in the 300s? holy crap.

I know you said there aren't many remaining, but when I got tickets a few weeks ago, it also looked like most were bought on ticketmaster, but when I went to the arena, it was only 14,000 that night, and pretty much only the first 15 rows of the 300 level had people in them. I'll be curious to see if something similar happens at your game
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-01, 12:13 PM)RyeRocks Wrote: How come capitaltickets doesn't sell sens games anymore?

$260 total in the 300s?  holy crap.

I know you said there aren't many remaining, but when I got tickets a few weeks ago, it also looked like most were bought on ticketmaster, but when I went to the arena, it was only 14,000 that night, and pretty much only the first 15 rows of the 300 level had people in them.  I'll be curious to see if something similar happens at your game

Hmm. 

I wonder if the switch to ticketmaster has also had an impact on sales...

Looked at getting tickets to this game, saw the prices, then immediately stopped looking to get tickets for this game lol.
Thanks given by:
Finally.

It's a real shame though in how they handled it. There shouldn't be any tickets left available for this. But then again, Alfie did leave, and the shine on his star diminished a lot because of that.

I wish the Sens well and I'm looking forward to getting engaged again later in the season. It's a long season - maybe too long for a sport like hockey. Attendance and dollars will eventually re-shape the way the game is played.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-01, 12:55 PM)Heisenberg Wrote:
(2016-12-01, 12:13 PM)RyeRocks Wrote: How come capitaltickets doesn't sell sens games anymore?

I know you said there aren't many remaining, but when I got tickets a few weeks ago, it also looked like most were bought on ticketmaster, but when I went to the arena, it was only 14,000 that night, and pretty much only the first 15 rows of the 300 level had people in them.  I'll be curious to see if something similar happens at your game

Hmm. 

I wonder if the switch to ticketmaster has also had an impact on sales...

Looked at getting tickets to this game, saw the prices, then immediately stopped looking to get tickets for this game lol.

Given the dearth of Saturday night games this season, this might be the only one I can make it out too.
Thanks given by:

The Senators shut down capital tickets in the summer and switched to ticketmaster as most NHL teams are using them.

I imagine the game is not sold out as most people don't know that single game tickets are now available for the game.Not sure when they started selling single game tickets but a couple of weeks ago it was only available through game packs.
Thanks given by:
Ya there's been no announcement that I'm aware of.

Maybe they don't want to further anger/frustrate the fans that they made buy tickets for two other games they don't even want to go to?
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-01, 02:58 PM)Koymenella Wrote: Ya there's been no announcement that I'm aware of.

Maybe they don't want to further anger/frustrate the fans that they made buy tickets for two other games they don't even want to go to?

That's probably exactly why lol.

Apparently they had a Cyber Monday promotion and it was the first time single game seats went on sale. Then yesterday was a Web Wednesday special that ended up in my FB feed this morning. I checked out the link and it said they'd be on sale to general public at 12pm today. Anyways I visited at 11am today to see prices and I was able to buy them right there and then.
Thanks given by:
Anyone here think that our fellow neighbours in Kanata have stopped buying tickets to the games this year since the announcement that the arena is moving downtown? Alot of people (mostly from Kanata) made a big fuss about losing their proximity to the rink so I can see a few ticked off fans that have decided to stop going as a sign of "protest". There's no denying that alot of ticket sales were from people who lived near the arena as opposed to those who lived further away.
Thanks given by:
very possibly. Probably a bunch of different reason, and that one makes sense too
Thanks given by:
Still basically the same amount of tickets available today. Lots of tickets available in the upper deck end zone.

The organization should be ashamed of themselves.
Thanks given by:
You wanna know what really grinds me. I am a season ticket holder, so usually we get a bit of a discount. This game, no discount, and not even a notice to STH that they can buy extras. I ended up getting one extra a few weeks ago, when I emailed my rep and asked if we could get the single seat beside us that sits empty most game.Still had to pay $150 for the extra, that's 3X what I pay for a season seat ticket, and 50% more than the STH price for the other "Gold" games

They definitely handled this poorly, and charging $130 for upper 300s is a bit crazy, although they would have sold out in minutes if they had released them at the beginning of the season. Glad scalpers wont be making much for this game at least.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-02, 03:18 PM)PaliSENS Wrote: You wanna know what really grinds me.  I am a season ticket holder, so usually we get a bit of a discount. This game, no discount, and not even a notice to STH that they can buy extras.  I ended up getting one extra a few weeks ago, when I emailed my rep and asked if we could get the single seat beside us that sits empty most game.Still  had to pay $150 for the extra, that's 3X what I pay for a season seat ticket, and 50% more than the STH price for the other "Gold" games

Jesus christ, that is unbelievable. What a huge slap in the face.

If it's not full it will be a huge embarrassment and disappointment.

Something is off in the ticketing department. Have Melnyk and Leeder become too hands off changing their focuse on Lebreton and the Outdoor Game?

I didn't see $130 as that bad. I paid $100 for standing room to see them play Montreal in the playoffs in 2013. It was $125 for a seat in the row below. So it's almost 4 years later and it's arguably a bigger occasion since it's only going to happen once.
Thanks given by:
But its not the playoffs. I expect much higher pricing for that. This game pricing is a complete joke. As koy says, it should be for everyone. And even more stupid, attendance is at its lowest in decades, obviously time to smarten up and knock down the prices.
Thanks given by:
On Ticketmaster they have two links for this game: one is for single game tickets, and the other is for the "Alfie game pack" which brings you to the Sens website where you have to buy tickets to the two other games.

Hahaha, like I mean, honestly...
Thanks given by:
This is the saddest picture on the Internet. All the blue are empty seats and the red are seats jerks want to re-sell for money.

Thanks given by:
I think it will sell out.

But they have been damn silent that tickets are available to avoid embarrassment.
Thanks given by:
They've botched this so badly.  Who ever is in charge of ticket sales/ticket promos should be canned.  Such an embarrassment the way the team has been managed this year.  They are trying really hard to alienate fans it would seem.
Thanks given by:
Its crazy that all the available tickets are up in the cheapest seats. Have they again missed the mark by price gouging for games they think people will open their wallets for?
Thanks given by: Koymenella
Basically. I think normally those seats are like 30 bucks or something, but for this game they are 121 dollars.

Lol.

Like, Melnyk, we have hi-def TVs and it's winter and it's the holidays, and it's supposed to be "family friendly". 121 for the cheapest seat is only affordable for people with very disposable incomes.
Thanks given by: