Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single Game Alfie Tickets On Sale
(2016-12-13, 12:48 AM)andreroy Wrote: I think it will sell out.

But they have been damn silent that tickets are available to avoid embarrassment.

That's a big problem I think. They can't even tell people that tickets are available. They painted themselves into a corner.
Thanks given by:
[Image: fdd8511dab6e9422eac2f548936b5e02.jpg]

This is during the ceremony. The Senators should be ashamed at their marketing of this game.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Very nice ceremony!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Larry Bird isn't white, he's clear" - Bill Murray
Thanks given by:
Nice ceremony....Alfie is a classy guy, and a hell of a player for a long time, and deserves this night.
Thanks given by:
Was great, have some video from my seats I will post later.

Thanks given by:
So apparently like 500+ people just didn't quite make it to the ceremony. This is puck drop.
[Image: 1134ce4369b7fcc68edb825876a45bdd.jpg]

Thanks given by:
I found it weird that the ceremony started so far in advance of the game. A full hour and a half. Not sure if everyone knew it would start at 6:30.
Thanks given by:
I get why they did it and it was announced well in advance. . Finish the ceremony before warm up. Way better than making athletes sit and get cold while watching a ceremony.

Thanks given by:
Weather was extra shitty in Ottawa today too so that might explain it a bit.
Thanks given by:
There were large chunks of empty seats that were filled for 8 o clock and then they were empty about half way thru the 3rd. I think they gave a bunch of tickets away to some minor hockey teams here for the Capital cup
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-01, 04:10 PM)Ryu65 Wrote: Anyone here think that our fellow neighbours in Kanata have stopped buying tickets to the games this year since the announcement that the arena is moving downtown? Alot of people (mostly from Kanata) made a big fuss about losing their proximity to the rink so I can see a few ticked off fans that have decided to stop going as a sign of "protest". There's no denying that alot of ticket sales were from people who lived near the arena as opposed to those who lived further away.

Your fellow neighbours in Kanata kept this franchise running for the most part. Let's face it they are the upper middle class in town. Gone are those golden days.

No more upper middle class, we have kids who got used to a certain standard of living that we are trying to maintain.
Between the sky rocketing prices for basic needs to modest activities, little is left for our beloved Sens. Get used to the new have not Canada.

This team will be in a much worse situation when they move out of town. I'm definitely not driving or parking there. Many are like me.
Thanks given by:
Season tickets holders like myself are un affected by news of a new arena right now. I plan to renew, but will not do so when downtown due to proximity to my place, Carp. I will likely buy tickets to select games and then figure out if a season ticket option works with a new building. TBH until the federal govt makes tickets an option (for business) , its not going to get better for Ottawa. We are a govt town, pay raises are low, tickets to hockey are a luxury for many, luxuries are no longer in the budget. BTW lets not make this a "govt workers are overpaid anyways" thing.
First thing we'd climb a tree, and maybe then we'll talk......
Thanks given by:
I will likely keep my half season but sell as many games as possible. With a smaller arena and so many people claiming that a downtown arena will be better, I'm planning to make some $$ by selling any hot game.

Thanks given by:
That is how I used to play it. Buy season tickets that averaged $30 per game with a face value between $75-120 depending on opponent. Sell almost every game except Leaf games and the the occasional important or newsworthy game for below face value. I could attend every Leaf game and a handful of others, payoff the season ticket cost and make a decent profit. Might look in to it again when the new arena opens.
Thanks given by:
Can't do that now because there's a tonne of tickets available. But we will see If people put their money where their mouth is once it's downtown. Who know, maybe Il even upgrade to full season account.

Thanks given by:
No, can't do it now as too many tickets were available prices increased, they started tacking on Capital ticket fees that cut in to the margins, and they started eliminating the perks of being a season ticket holder. They went from free jerseys, parking passes, first access to concert and events at discount prices, to free tickets to a Sens game against Buffalo or Phoenix. Why would I want free tickets as a perk when I already have seats??? When I asked I was told my perks included LCD TV's in the bathrooms and a covered walkway in to the arena.

They also burned bridges with a lot of season seat holders during their finals run when they told us season ticket demand was so high that we could no longer move up rows and if we wanted tickets to the finals we had to commit to season tickets for the next season and pay our deposits early. Many long time season ticket holders refused to cave to their demands and they replaced us with one and done season seat holders.
Thanks given by: Koymenella
Agree nuc, perks suck now. I get free parking, but still have to pay like $5 a game to get in a slightly better lot.
Now they give a small concession credit, and have points to redeem for other rewards, I usually get the skills comp tix, but no reason they don't just give season ticket holders a bunch of those anyway.
Last few years have been a joke, renewal in February, only perk to renewing is entered to win contests. Basically they give away $50k in donated prizes for their season ticket holders, essentially about $5 per season ticket holder in prizes (like I said most are donated so limited out of pocket).

Thanks given by:
They stopped giving away tickets which is one reason why attendance is down over the years.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-04, 10:03 AM)sensedin Wrote:
(2016-12-01, 04:10 PM)Ryu65 Wrote: Anyone here think that our fellow neighbours in Kanata have stopped buying tickets to the games this year since the announcement that the arena is moving downtown? Alot of people (mostly from Kanata) made a big fuss about losing their proximity to the rink so I can see a few ticked off fans that have decided to stop going as a sign of "protest". There's no denying that alot of ticket sales were from people who lived near the arena as opposed to those who lived further away.

Your fellow neighbours in Kanata kept this franchise running for the most part. Let's face it they are the upper middle class in town. Gone are those golden days.

No more upper middle class, we have kids who got used to a certain standard of living that we are trying to maintain.
Between the sky rocketing prices for basic needs to modest activities, little is left for our beloved Sens. Get used to the new have not Canada.

This team will be in a much worse situation when they move out of town. I'm definitely not driving or parking there. Many are like me.
But this completely ignored the even more affluent neighbourhoods, like Rockcliffe or Westboro, that will soon be much closer to the arena.  There will be a period of turnover, no doubt, we may even be seeing it now, but long term, a downtown arena will almost certainly lead to increased attendance.

I say this as a Kanata resident who isnt exactly thrilled with it either, but I get it.
Thanks given by:
For every Kanata resident who'll stop buying season tickets "because it's too far", there's another resident in the city who at the moment isn't buying season tickets "because Kanata is too far". It'll balance itself out.

Having the arena downtown means it's now at a fair distance for everyone, people in Orleans no longer have to drive 20 km for exanple to get to the rink anymore.
Thanks given by: