Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single Game Alfie Tickets On Sale
My understanding is that the new arena will have an always open concourse with shopping so that should be possible.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
That's cool in itself.

It will be great for the city, not just to have the arena downtown to provide larger attendance at games, a more fun atmosphere in and out of the rink, and hopefully a better financial standing for the team's owner to get us out of our rent-a-team mentality; but it will also be great for Lebreton Flats to be developed and provide an extra location for fun and excitement in the city besides the Market and Elgin Street.

It should be great for tourism, for small business owners, for residents - for everybody.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-05, 04:25 PM)PaliSENS Wrote: I'm just curious how a downtown arena gets rid of drunk people swearing on public transit??

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

You don't, but the ride is a lot shorter
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-05, 04:35 PM)Nuclearsun Wrote: The thing with the downtown arena and Landsdowne is that there are entertainment options all around and multiple buses to take you to the location. What sucks about bussing to CTC is you hop on a 400 at specific times that take you directly to the arena and directly home at a specific time. Landsdowne and what might eventually be built will give people using transit or parking the option of going anytime before a game and sitting at restaurants or shopping and they can stay after games without being rushed to grab the last bus to tske them home.

One thing they should consider with the new arena is putting the box office outside so you don't have to wait to go through security in order to go to a window to buy game day tickets.

Yes x1000
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-05, 05:07 PM)Koymenella Wrote: That's cool in itself.

It will be great for the city, not just to have the arena downtown to provide larger attendance at games, a more fun atmosphere in and out of the rink, and hopefully a better financial standing for the team's owner to get us out of our rent-a-team mentality; but it will also be great for Lebreton Flats to be developed and provide an extra location for fun and excitement in the city besides the Market and Elgin Street.

It should be great for tourism, for small business owners, for residents - for everybody.

Landsdowne, especially in the summer, on may nights has taken over both Elgin and the Market as an entertainment option.
Thanks given by:
Yeah bigtime.
Thanks given by:
That LeBreton area is gonna be bumping with the big Zibi project on Chaudiere Island/Gatineau shoreline and the new arena district...Too bad it's gonna be like a decade before it's totally finished.  I'll be too old by then lol.
Thanks given by:
haha.. so true Sad
Thanks given by:
In a decade, my daughter will be able to legally drink at bars on the Gatineau side.  I could go pre/post game drinking with her haha.
Thanks given by: Koymenella
(2017-01-05, 05:35 PM)Nuclearsun Wrote:
(2017-01-05, 05:07 PM)Koymenella Wrote: That's cool in itself.

Landsdowne, especially in the summer, on may nights has taken over both Elgin and the Market as an entertainment option.

Surprising. The area is so generic.
Thanks given by:
Perhaps the buildings are, but the bars and atmosphere are far above certain parameters in the market or elgin. There's no "Local" or "Joey's" equivalent right now. Even the bar area of Jack Astors and Industria are better than most in the two traditional areas of ottawa
Thanks given by:
Been to Local on a game night I thought it was mediocre. Still have more fun at places north of the Queensway.
Thanks given by:
Landsdowne is also an easy location to meet up if friends live in residential areas around the city. I have buddies in Elmvale while I lived downtown and we would meet at Lansdowne for beers because it was easy for everyone.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-05, 10:37 PM)andreroy Wrote: Been to Local on a game night I thought it was mediocre. Still have more fun at places north of the Queensway.

Meh.. to each their own.  What places do you like?
Thanks given by:
I like my bars dirty and full of character. The Dominion Tavern beside the BareFax is legendary for that. Otherwise I fully avoid the Market because there are too many asshole bros.

There's an "Irish" pub a couple doors downs from Barrymore's which I kinda like. It's a total dive but there's a real cast of characters that frequent it.

I like Maclarens because I am a bit nostalgic for it.

My dad took me to the Carleton Tavern last time I visited. It was neat.

As far as "generic" goes I am cool with the BierMarkt cos they have all these German beers I love.

I think the Market and Elgin have slowed down a lot because there's been a real gentrification of areas outside of downtown: Mechanicsville, Westboro and of course Lansdowne.
Thanks given by:
Ya Ottawa is definitely becoming de-centralized for night life. I wonder what it's like in Gatineau? Are there still bars where 18 year old Ottawa kids go to drink?

Man, that was like almost 20 years ago for me. Hahaha.
Thanks given by:
Westboro has some pretty good locations too.
Thanks given by: