Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So What The Hell?......
Bobby Ryan is scratched for Saturday's game.  Then after last night's game he has a no comment and proceeds to gloss it like nothing happened.  Any thoughts out there as to what the hell is going on?
First thing we'd climb a tree, and maybe then we'll talk......
Thanks given by:
He did Saturday warm up. So wonder if it was something in between or did he miss a practice/meeting/curfew??

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Seems he and Boucher didn't see eye to eye on...something.   No idea what.
Thanks given by:
Bobby is good with the media.

I felt bad for him...

He asked the scrum if anyone wanted to talk about hockey...And not one of them did.

Just brutal, trash reporting.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-09, 12:12 PM)BlueMountain Wrote: Bobby is good with the media.

I felt bad for him...

He asked the scrum if anyone wanted to talk about hockey...And not one of them did.

LOL are you serious?

He mysteriously misses a game. Comes back the next night, provides his usual zero contribution he expects only to get questioned on "hockey"? Give me a ***** break. It's the only thing worth asking him because there's nothing else to talk about when he provides dick all on the ice.

He's the highest paid player on the team and if the media wants to know what the hell is going on they have every right to ask. And, conversely he and the Sens have every right not to answer, although that just makes things worse.
Thanks given by:
I believe there is a organization-conspiracy to try to get him to want out of town. Just like they used Maclean to be Spezza's bad cop, they will use Boucher to make Ryan feel uncomfortable.

Problem is that Spezza had value. Ryan has none.

BUT if Boucher can get Ryan to leave, that will be a great achievement on his resume.
Thanks given by:
It wasn't like a trade was happening so they kept him out of the game for precautionary reasons?

I don't mind if he gets scratched. He has all the talent, and he is a leader in that he plays through injuries, but there's something missing in his psyche that he needs to find to start producing.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-09, 12:16 PM)andreroy Wrote:
(2017-01-09, 12:12 PM)BlueMountain Wrote: Bobby is good with the media.

I felt bad for him...

LOL are you serious?

He mysteriously misses a game. Comes back the next night, provides his usual zero contribution he expects only to get questioned on "hockey"? Give me a ***** break. It's the only thing worth asking him because there's nothing else to talk about when he provides dick all on the ice.

He's the highest paid player on the team and if the media wants to know what the hell is going on they have every right to ask. And, conversely he and the Sens have every right not to answer, although that just makes things worse.
That's not what I said, and not what he expected. Did you see the interview?

Strange response.

Sorry you don't like him?

Lol

Thanks given by:
Lol?

Just brutal, trash reporting?

Why are you attacking the media? What did they do wrong?
Thanks given by:
It's very random..

Ryan: "The coach said it’s going to be dealt with in-house, and we’re going to keep it in-house, that’s it,” he said. “I know it doesn’t help your jobs in the speculation columns and the things you’ve got to do, but some things deserve to stay in-house, and this is one of them.”

Then after the game...

Media: When was the decision made (Saturday) that he would be unable to play?

Boucher: It was late.

Media: How come he didn’t play the final nine minutes in the Washington game (on New Year’s Day)?

Boucher: We got into penalties, first of all. He’s not on the penalty kill. And I thought at the end, there were other guys that were playing very well.

Media: If you had an issue that had to be dealt with, was it such that you had to send a message by making him a healthy scratch?

Boucher: No, guys. You’re going places that I’m not going here. We’ve got things that we keep it at this and there are things that I’m able to tell you. I’m leaving it at that. Period. Period. Period.

Media: If you had an issue that had to be dealt with, was it such that you had to send a message by making him a healthy scratch?

Boucher: No, guys. You’re going places that I’m not going here. We’ve got things that we keep it at this and there are things that I’m able to tell you. I’m leaving it at that. Period. Period. Period.

Media: You were quick to point out in the pre-season that there was a discipline issue and that’s why (Ryan and Cody Ceci) didn’t play (in the first period) in the pre-season game. Is there a discipline issue and is that why he didn’t play?

Boucher: I told you I’m leaving it at that. There are complex things that don’t need to be said out here.
========================================
Clearly not an injury here... it sounds to me, that Bobby has checked out of this team and the feeling is mutual.
Thanks given by:
Whatever it is, Boucher is keeping it "in-house", which is a nice change of pace.

We'll have to wait for Murray to leak the news to sources.
Thanks given by: Ryu65 , andreroy , Really? , CaperLeaf
was reading up on it more and Boucher alluded to the fact that he may dress 11 forwards earlier in the day. leads me to believe something happened on break, or he missed something coming back from break that was dealt with.
still want to know what it is thought...
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-09, 01:03 PM)Koymenella Wrote: It wasn't like a trade was happening so they kept him out of the game for precautionary reasons?

I don't mind if he gets scratched. He has all the talent, and he is a leader in that he plays through injuries, but there's something missing in his psyche that he needs to find to start producing.

He's a suck and that attitude can become toxic if he's the highest paid player on the team.

This is his 3rd coach and he's still been woefully disappointing with everyone.

He can't play at this speed anymore. He was at his best under Carlyle who loved to slow things down. Carlyle is now considered yesterday's man, if not a total idiot

Time to start running.
Thanks given by:
Hopefully Eugene "cost per point" Melnyk also considers "cost per goal" and see he's paying $1M per this season.

This contract is a boondoggle of Ontario Liberal proportions
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf , Koymenella , Koymenella
Don't worry, only 5 more years on his contract.
Thanks given by:
Bobby is here because they screwed over Alfie.

Melnyk reaps what he sows.
Thanks given by:
You know what sucks?   My daughter all of a sudden has become borderline obsessed with Bobby Ryan...because they have the same number 9.  I'd rather she liked 9MM.  

Hopefully she gets a different number next season, or even better, the Sens have someone else wearing number 9!  it's too bad, because he seems like a good person, and he's not the worst player to have on your team, but that salary is tough to swallow.
Thanks given by:
Well Bobby played his best game of the season last night and we are no longer paying him $7M a goal.

Anyways, a thorough victory last night. They got lucky that the Pens were on a back to back and it was Murray's first game in a month but you have to take advantage of your breaks.
Thanks given by:
Agreed AR. That game was really good to watch, I thought that the Sens really looked....well fresh.
Goal scoring by the goal scorers, BR performs to the standard that most of us set for him, and the Hebrew Hammer shuts down Sid.
Thanks given by:
As an additional note: I hope this isn't just a F*** you game for BR, where he is pissed, proves a point, then goes back to slack mode.
Thanks given by: