Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So What The Hell?......
If he wants out then he needs to play well because no one will trade for him.

Looking forward to tomorrow night. A meaningful Leafs/Sens game. When was the last time we had that?!?
Thanks given by:
They are still hard to hate. Skilled kids, not arseholes as was the case.
But I could hate them, if I had to. I still hate their fans!
First thing we'd climb a tree, and maybe then we'll talk......
Thanks given by:
No problems with their boys on the ice, but the Nayshun and its media machine is in full force. They haven't been this obnoxious or belligerent in about 15 years.

Thank god they are playing tonight, or otherwise I'd be bombarded with "Auston returns to the place where he shocked the world."

A win is needed if only to derail teh Nayshun's excitements.
Thanks given by:
Anybody else sick of the media fawning on Mathews and the other Leaf's young guns? I get at least a half dozen articles on their greatness in my Facebook news feed daily. #enough already!
Thanks given by:
I agree. It's out of control. That's why it's important the Sens win.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-13, 07:35 PM)andreroy Wrote: I agree. It's out of control. That's why it's important the Sens win.

It's CRITICAL that the Sens win any game at the CTC against the Leafs or Habs.
110% effort for the whole game is what I expect from all of them.
It's as important as a playoff win IMO.

As for the adulation from the media over the Leaf rookies, I understand it and couldn't care less about it too.
As long as we are ahead of them, it's all that matters.

GO SENS GO
Thanks given by:
Well that didn't work out....
Thanks given by: LordFerg13
Why does NHL.com show the Leafs in the playoffs but us on the outside when we are tied for points and we have more wins?
Thanks given by:
ROW is the first tie breaker.  Not sure what each team has, but I'm guessing that's it.
Thanks given by:
ROW is the same. 2nd tiebreaker is goal differential. Ottawa is -2 and Toronto is +8.
Thanks given by:
I think it's because the Leafs have 3 points in their 2 games while the Sens have 2.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-15, 09:11 PM)GloryYrs70s Wrote: ROW is the same.  2nd tiebreaker is goal differential.  Ottawa is -2 and Toronto is +8.

the tiebreak after ROW, is points between the clubs...and as andreroy points out, Leafs have more points against Ottawa.

differential is the last tiebreak

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order: The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).The greater number of games won, excluding games won in the Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing. The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season. NOTE: In standings a victory in a shootout counts as one goal for, while a shootout loss counts as one goal against.
Thanks given by:
I stand corrected.
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't worry too much. Philly is holding a wildcard spot with 50 points to Ottawa's 48 and Ottawa has 5 games in hand. Of course Carolina is also in the mix for a wildcard with 49 points but Ottawa has 2 games in hand on them as well.
Thanks given by:
It would be pretty wild if Montreal, Toronto, and Ottawa all made the playoffs
"Larry Bird isn't white, he's clear" - Bill Murray
Thanks given by:
I'm not convinced that Ottawa is a playoff team.

It's a real shame what's happened with the NHL website - getting stats is like pulling teeth now. I have no way of seeing where we stood at certain days of last year's season. But I saw it mentioned on here that we're actually the same as last season, it's just that others around us are worse which made it possible for us to be in the Wild Card spot.
Thanks given by: