Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So much for Argos New Stadium!
Wow all it took was two games and the luster has worn off the Argos playing  at BMO field. They are playing Ottawa tonight and maybe half the stands are full. The CFL just doesn't interest most Toronto sports fans. Too bad because its a good product.
Thanks given by:
Its a hot Wednesday game. Affects any teams attendance. Don't allow 1 game to determine a season
Warning:  Brain May not be Engaged.
Thanks given by: BobbyBaun
Plus, it doesn't just turn around suddenly without some hard work and patience
Thanks given by:
far less than half in there tonight.

very disappointing turnout.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I was pretty surprised by that too. Maybe it's just because it's race weekend in TO.
Thanks given by:
As a native Ottawa guy now living in Toronto, I have to laugh at the usual inferiority complex a lot of Ottawa people have with Toronto.

As Heisenberg points out, it's Indy weekend. Getting to the stadium is tough. There's very limited parking around their as the Exhibition grounds are being used for the race.

It was also a Wednesday night. Move it to Thurs-Sun and you get a much better crowd. As cfl says, it's probably like that around the league.

It was also the hottest day of the year. No way I would sit outside in that if I could watch it at home with my central air blasting.

Lastly, it's going to take time for Toronto to care about the CFL. Especially if their home dates are mid-week games - which they are until the end of August.
Thanks given by:
Two ottawa residents, and 1 toronto resident... perhaps a bit premature to call out all of ottawa as having an inferiority complex. Maybe you have a rash judgemental complex heh
Thanks given by: SenStanley , SenStanley
Argos probably better off scheduling their games on weekends...a mid-week home game in mid-July, probably not going to draw many folks down to BMO Field.

If the team starts to play better though as the season progresses, fans might show up. We'll see.

Although things will be rather busy in Toronto come September with the World Cup of Hockey, & if the Blue Jays are still in the postseason hunt, the stands at Rogers Centre will be packed once again.
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-14, 02:52 PM)RyeRocks Wrote: Two ottawa residents, and 1 toronto resident... perhaps a bit premature to call out all of ottawa as having an inferiority complex.  Maybe you have a rash judgemental complex heh

There's something called Twitter.
Thanks given by:
If they keep it up with the bullshit pass interference challenges less people will watch.

what an awful decision by the CFL to review PI calls.
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-15, 09:44 AM)andreroy Wrote:
(2016-07-14, 02:52 PM)RyeRocks Wrote: Two ottawa residents, and 1 toronto resident... perhaps a bit premature to call out all of ottawa as having an inferiority complex.  Maybe you have a rash judgemental complex heh

There's something called Twitter.

Means nothing to me.

Point is I think people of many locations in this country were likely surprised by the attendance.  I dont live in toronto and had no idea about the indy event, nor that it would impede on an event in toronto on a wednesday.  Was everyone supposed to know this info somehow?  R-e-l-a-x... not all are as enlightened as you and it doesnt mean inferiority complexes are abound
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-15, 05:07 PM)Bong13 Wrote: If they keep it up with the bullshit pass interference challenges less people will watch.

Count me in with this crowd.  I changed the channel at least twice.because of these dumb delays.
Thanks given by:
The support for the Argos slowly bled throughout the years, and it will take time to build it up.

I think once the fans experience outdoor football with a decent atmosphere they will come.
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-16, 07:20 AM)Heisenberg Wrote:
(2016-07-15, 05:07 PM)Bong13 Wrote: If they keep it up with the bullshit pass interference challenges less people will watch.

Count me in with this crowd.  I changed the channel at least twice.because of these dumb delays.

Me 3
Thanks given by:
I've found the CFL schedule quite perplexing the last few years and this year in particular. I had to double check a 9PM game on a Sunday for the Redblacks? Whaaaat? And if I read the schedule correctly all evening games in the fall. Brrrrr. I love what TSN has done for the league but I hope they're paying a lot of money to make up for the loss in gate revenue. Back in the 80s they figured it out that most Canadians go to the cottage on the weekends so for a long time the league successfully had their summer games on Thur nights and then in the fall moved to Sunday afternoons. A Wed night game was rare. It's predictable for the fans and a Thur night out in the summer isn't a lot to ask as many Canadians take Fridays off in the summer or don't mind a late night before the last workday of the week.
“Okay, I put just a little meth in there to get them addicted and keep customers coming back. ..so let me make something else clear: I pissed in every bottle.”
Thanks given by: SenStanley
So up against a Blue Jays playoff game the Argos are lucky if they draw 10,000 fans.
Why is there a team in Toronto? People just don't care about them.
Thanks given by:
Because Torontonians are shameful. Dissing a Canadian sport, no surprise really.
Thanks given by:
Toronto has a Major League Baseball team - do you actually think that the Toronto Argonauts can compete with that, honestly?

It also has NOTHING to do with Toronto.

If Edmonton had an MLB franchise, the Eskimos could not compete with it.

Shit, if Regina has an MLB franchise, the Riders could not compete with it.
Thanks given by:
Goes to show how full of **** you are.

Torontonians used to support the Argos just fine until they all got big headed, got this stupid idea in their heads that they're too good for the Argos.
Thanks given by:
Wow - that's how you are going to talk to me?

I've backed off on you so much the last week.

Have hardly responded to any of your posts and, when I have, have been so nice and respectful and that is the language you use with me.

Check yourself sir. Check yourself.
Thanks given by: